Horde Is prot pally good for pvp?

I was just wondering if prot pally is good for pvp because I have been doing ashran on my protection pally and keep dying easily any suggestions would be good

No downside or upside to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    Hmm... you need 2 pvp trinkets to take less damage
    awesome thanks

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

No tank specs are viable at the minute, the only thing you can really find a use for them in is probably dueling. Anything else there's no point in playing them.

Only Blood Dk and sometimes Prot war is currently good for Wpvp tanks. HOWEVER, =) currently on beta Prot Pallies and Blood Dks are two most OP specs for pvp, ofc they will get nerfed, but question is by how much? So there is a chance that Prot Pallies will be good in Legion PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Legion right now? YES!

On live servers? no

Thank you everyone this has been very helpful!

Deleted
    In ashran?

Nice Im still a little iffy when it comes to doing ashran on my pally but I am getting there i'll have to look more into stuff for her

I'm a Prot Paladin in pvp and here's what I think.

Prot with full pvp gear. Kinda meh. You lack alot of damage and survivability.

Prot with full pve gear in Ashran/world PVP. You are extremely OP thanks to your Tank ring and Class trinket.

Prot with mix PvP/PvE gear in battlegrounds. You are OP despite not being able to use tank ring and class trinket. Here's how you want it to work:

- Stack Mastery (Gives attack power and Block %)
    - Get PvE 2/4 Set Bonus (Significantly better than PvP Set Bonus)
    - Get PvE/PvP jewelry with mastery+Bonus Armor only
    - Be lucky with getting accolade trinket (Either Mastery or Versatility+Bonus Armor)
    - Use Holy Shield talent (VERY IMPORTANT!)
    - Use Holy Avenger talent (Works amazing with PvE Set Bonus to survive or to add pressure)

Great Job you are now the equivelant of a Thorn Crusader from Diablo 3 able to deal decent damage, reflect most of that damage thanks to your amazing block % + Holy Shield, have infinite dazes and infinite interrupts at times. If you are being targetted it furthers adds your survivability and damage because of your PvE Set Bonusses. You are very much immortal in a 1v1 situation and you are capable to win in even 1v3+ situations because they feed you Avenger Shield procs. Just avoid healers though, either try to be a nuisance and interrupt spam them to death or burst their teammates that clump together.

Just look at the damage and healing i'm pulling in most battlegrounds.
    http://imgur.com/a/i75Vv

PS: PvE Set Bonus doesn't work in rated PvP making them useless there.
    Last edited by Argos; 2016-06-07 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganos9211 View Post
    I'm a Prot Paladin in pvp and here's what I think.

Prot with full pvp gear. Kinda meh. You lack alot of damage and survivability.

Prot with full pve gear in Ashran/world PVP. You are extremely OP thanks to your Tank ring and Class trinket.

Prot with mix PvP/PvE gear in battlegrounds. You are OP despite not being able to use tank ring and class trinket. Here's how you want it to work:

- Stack Mastery (Gives attack power and Block %)
    - Get PvE 2/4 Set Bonus (Significantly better than PvP Set Bonus)
    - Get PvE/PvP jewelry with mastery+Bonus Armor only
    - Be lucky with getting accolade trinket (Either Mastery or Versatility+Bonus Armor)
    - Use Holy Shield talent (VERY IMPORTANT!)
    - Use Holy Avenger talent (Works amazing with PvE Set Bonus to survive or to add pressure)

Great Job you are now the equivelant of a Thorn Crusader from Diablo 3 able to deal decent damage, reflect most of that damage thanks to your amazing block % + Holy Shield, have infinite dazes and infinite interrupts at times. If you are being targetted it furthers adds your survivability and damage because of your PvE Set Bonusses. You are very much immortal in a 1v1 situation and you are capable to win in even 1v3+ situations because they feed you Avenger Shield procs. Just avoid healers though, either try to be a nuisance and interrupt spam them to death or burst their teammates that clump together.

Just look at the damage and healing i'm pulling in most battlegrounds.
    http://imgur.com/a/i75Vv

PS: PvE Set Bonus doesn't work in rated PvP making them useless there.
    I would also assume avoid Rets as a Prot pally, since they pretty much counter every tank in game 1v1.
    P.S. but ya i saw Mythic geared Prot pally with 9/10 stacks do some mean dmg in Wpvp in T. jungles.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I would also assume avoid Rets as a Prot pally, since they pretty much counter every tank in game 1v1.
    P.S. but ya i saw Mythic geared Prot pally with 9/10 stacks do some mean dmg in Wpvp in T. jungles.
    Rets are actually easy to kill 1v1, they don't have the damage outside cds and my self healing is high enough to be able to end duels with 90%+ HP remaining. Classes like Affliction Locks, Shadow Priests, Fire Mages and Balance Druids are exceptionally weak because their dots trigger Holy Shield for each tick killing themselves. Destro locks are actually the hard counter to prot palas because of Chaos Bolt. Don't know why but Chaos Bolt doesn't seem to get blocked despite having Holy Shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Not really.

No tank specs are viable at the minute, the only thing you can really find a use for them in is probably dueling. Anything else there's no point in playing them.
    Prot wars are awesome.

No playing tanks in pvp sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Arganos9211 View Post
    Rets are actually easy to kill 1v1, they don't have the damage outside cds and my self healing is high enough to be able to end duels with 90%+ HP remaining. Classes like Affliction Locks, Shadow Priests, Fire Mages and Balance Druids are exceptionally weak because their dots trigger Holy Shield for each tick killing themselves. Destro locks are actually the hard counter to prot palas because of Chaos Bolt. Don't know why but Chaos Bolt doesn't seem to get blocked despite having Holy Shield.
    Hm =) i think its more of a personal exp i assume, my main is Ret and the only tank spec that makes me try is a good blood Dk, but maybe its just my luck XD i never found a good prot pally to duel.