Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    I'd rather MMO-C dealt with the hate and racism first.
    That is a high priority normally.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's your opinion that attacking the post, and not the poster, is attacking the poster as well, and I assure you there aren't many out there that agree with you, much less moderators.
    Opinion is made of arguments, maybe debates and ideas. "It's stupid" is not an opinion. It's a reaction. Reacting without explaining is social noise.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos
    Good, so stop trying to push the burden on proof on others when the originators have not supported their claims yet.
    Pushing the burden on the originator without anything to add is basically even more fluff than the OP. No contribution = useless.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-06-08 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Opinion is made of arguments, maybe debates and ideas. "It's stupid" is not an opinion.
    Oh yes it is. Just like you are entitled to make stupid opinions like "AGW doesn't exist", "vaccines cause autism" and "so-and-so is horrible because of an incident I don't have evidence of and solely only happened in my delusional world".

Pushing the burden on the originator without anything to add is basically fluff.
    Then it's the perfect response to fluff.

Rubbish begets rubbish, and so forth.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Why should they leave and not you?
    Imagine that you're in a pub, and that one of the people in there are starting fights, screaming at people, and threatening them.
    Should he be allowed to do this, or should the bouncer kick him out?
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about your shitty opinion on what i van or cant say

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinion is made of arguments, maybe debates and ideas. "It's stupid" is not an opinion. It's a reaction. Reacting without explaining is social noise.
    No, that is also a method of opinion. Just because it is simple words, doesn't mean it is invalid.

Pushing the burden on the originator without anything to add is basically even more fluff than the OP. No contribution = useless.
    Though, all actual opinions is contribution while Spamming something that has nothing about it, isn't contributing
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Imagine that you're in a pub, and that one of the people in there are starting fights, screaming at people, and threatening them.
    Exactly, the poster who started the whole fiasco by shitposting should be kicked out, not the people who rightfully pointed out they are shitposting.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine you're in a pub, and that one of the people in there are making stupid statements, dumb assertions, and claiming to be bullied and offended when you tell them about it. Should he be allowed to do this, or should the internet shut him down?
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

It's always ironic and funny to see the people lambasting others for being rude go about it an incredibly rude manner themselves.
    It's only ironic if you see it black and white. I criticize certain people types of people for their bad behavior, but I'm not expressing racism/prejudice, personal attacks, threats, and overboard negative reactions which are totally inappropriate. If someone says Trump is the greatest guy ever, I'm not gonna tell them that they are the most retarded people on the planet and that they should go kill themselves, because that's just insane.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    So OP should be banned? After all he treatened them with bans. On the other side you can't threaten anyone with an insult on the net because at the end of the day you can't do anything more than flame. And to add to this intetionally stupid posts work as better trollbait inicting offtopic nonsense than bland insults.

Oh yes it is. Just like you are entitled to make stupid opinions like "AGW doesn't exist", "vaccines cause autism" and "so-and-so is horrible because of an incident I don't have evidence of and solely only happened in my delusional world".
    "vaccines cause autism" start a discussion.
    "it's stupid" ends a discussion. Ending a discussion without having even started it is as much interesting as saying Hodor.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos
    Then it's the perfect response to fluff.

Rubbish begets rubbish, and so forth.
    So the purpose is to take control over the discussion and make it even more meaningless, or simply forbid other people to add something about the subject. You can understand why it can't create positive reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Imagine you're in a pub, and that one of the people in there are making stupid statements, dumb assertions, and claiming to be bullied and offended when you tell them about it. Should he be allowed to do this, or should the internet shut him down?
    As long as he's just whining, and isn't intruding on everyone's conversations, he should be allowed to stay. If he goes berserk or attack other people, he should be thrown out. Real-life has figured it out, why can't we do the same on the net?
    Mother pus bucket!

It's only ironic if you see it black and white. I criticize certain people types of people for their bad behavior, but I'm not expressing racism/prejudice, personal attacks, threats, and overboard negative reactions which are totally inappropriate. If someone says Trump is the greatest guy ever, I'm not gonna tell them that they are the most retarded people on the planet and that they should go kill themselves, because that's just insane.
    I don't see it as black and white, I just disapprove of people who elevate themselves on some imaginary pedestal, then don't follow their own standards.

You aren't entitled to make personal attacks towards others even if they did it to you, this isn't elementary school and "they did it too" isn't even tolerated there.

Deleted
    Exactly, the poster who started the whole fiasco by shitposting should be kicked out, not the people who rightfully pointed out they are shitposting.
    He should be kicked out. But if you join a fight against him then you deserve to be thrown out too.
    You can just report a shitpost and the person who posted will receive an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It might offend him to kick him out, better to just not say anything at all to him.
    If he's already in that situation, his opinion on the matter is irrelevant. He has gone against the will of the majority, and will be excluded.
    Mother pus bucket!

As long as he's just whining, and isn't intruding on everyone's conversations, he should be allowed to stay. If he goes berserk or attack other people, he should be thrown out. Real-life has figured it out, why can't we do the same on the net?
    Using your example, who do you think gets kicked out by the bouncers - the drunkard causing trouble, or the people pointing out or even mocking they/them are drunk?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    He should be kicked out. But if you join a fight against him then you deserve to be thrown out too.
    You can just report a shitpost and the person who posted will receive an infraction.
    Doesn't work that way, because just pointing something out, and not making personal attacks, isn't against the regulations. Hence, this thread.

You can make up your own rules like you have the entire thread, but you aren't in a position of authority to enforce them so your opinion is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Saying something is stupid, is not a well-formulated way of informing that something is lacking from an intellectual perspective.

it's an underdeveloped way of trying to assert that you disagree with something.

Seriously rethinking your post, comes from the presentation of serious disproving evidence ; Not the opinion of someone who managed to say "That's stupid".

Nice try, tho.
    What's underdeveloped is your ability to handle everyday crap like an adult person. You can twist it and make it look like some kind of superiority in your own head all you want. If it bugs you that a person will refer to stupid as stupid, that's just excess personal drama on your part.

I don't see it as black and white, I just disapprove of people who elevate themselves on some imaginary pedestal, then don't follow their own standards.

You aren't entitled to make personal attacks towards others even if they did it to you, this isn't elementary school and "they did it too" isn't even tolerated there.
    Fine, you don't like hypocrisy, and neither to do I. But I don't think someone who are saying that "people who tell others to go kill themselves should be gagged" are breaking their own standards. That would only true if they said "people who tell others to go kill themselves should go kill themselves". And I agree that there is no excuse for personal attacks in these discussions.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Saying the post is retarded and the poster is retarded are two entirely different things btw.
    Exactly.

After so many years spent on the internet I am amazed that some people still cannot differentiate between an attack on an opinion (disagreement) and a personal attack. And I am really sorry to say that but that points out certain lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Examples:

- "That is so stupid"

- "That's a retarded way of saying it"

- "Stop saying stupid shit"

All these examples are very commonly allowed on this forum. They have no benefit to discussion since they add nothing that can't be said politely. At the same time they are straight flame baits.
    Well, look at the MMO-Champion community as a whole; its a bunch of wannabe edge-lords constantly trying to position themselves over others by asserting some half-assed notion of superiority. They are incapable of having a discussion without the ability to directly insult someone, not to mention being cowards and hiding behind "well I am on topic" when confronted.

TL;DR- Keyboard warriors gonna war with keyboards.