Did gandalf use a "jedi mind trick" on Aragorn?

Hello!

I just watches lotr: rok for the ####th time and haven't noticed this until now but at the black gate before the final battle Gandalf does this trademarketed jedi mind trick movement with one of his hands which causes Aragorn to change mood and attack them head on. He even squints in a weird way - focusing on him.

Here is a gif of what I mean: https://i.gyazo.com/b03a82c6effcb2a5...f724b1674e.mp4

Did he somehow influence Aragorn's mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or...he was just moving his sleeve so he can have better use of his hand. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Or...he was just moving his sleeve so he can have better use of his hand. Move on.
    Don't think they would add that part just for him moving a sleeve hehe. Everything in a movie has a purpose, especially close ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I've done it with The Matrix, spent 5 years on forum discussing all 3, not going there again.

Deleted
    I think Obi-Wan used a Gandalf Mind Trick on Star Wars, seeing as though LotR kind of precedes any concept of a "jedi".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Hello!

I just watches lotr: rok for the ####th time and haven't noticed this until now but at the black gate before the final battle Gandalf does this trademarketed jedi mind trick movement with one of his hands which causes Aragorn to change mood and attack them head on. He even squints in a weird way - focusing on him.

Here is a gif of what I mean: https://i.gyazo.com/b03a82c6effcb2a5...f724b1674e.mp4

Did he somehow influence Aragorn's mind?
    They're looking at each other fully expecting to die in the coming moments, and sharing a sad smile between them because they've had a very long and close friendship.

Maybe you should read the books.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.