Deleted

Which part to upgrade?

Hey guys,

I got my comp up and running finally.

Although I've been AFK for over a year travelling and now I'm looking to upgrade a part.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3470
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX
    Mobo: Not entirely sure on this one tbh

Basically I wanna run WoW better for Legion and maybe overwatch

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want anything too pricey though, so if anything is significantly better but not much more expensive that would be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    get another 4 gb of ram (or more)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    get another 4 gb of ram (or more)
    Does it matter what sort of RAM and is it just a case of slotting it into the motherboard and done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Does it matter what sort of RAM and is it just a case of slotting it into the motherboard and done?
    well ideally you would want to get the same model as the ones you have, but buying a set of 2x8gb wouldnt be too expensive either, and if you arent upgrading your mobo and cpu you will want ddr3. how much are you looking to spend?

Deleted
    well ideally you would want to get the same model as the ones you have, but buying a set of 2x8gb wouldnt be too expensive either, and if you arent upgrading your mobo and cpu you will want ddr3. how much are you looking to spend?
    The most cost effective route haha. I don't think my mobo and CPU need upgrading so much I thought it might be my GFX card that would let me down the most. Maybe the 2x8gb would be better

10+ Year Old Account
    The most cost effective route haha. I don't think my mobo and CPU need upgrading so much I thought it might be my GFX card that would let me down the most. Maybe the 2x8gb would be better
    2x8gb is probably the easiest yeah if you just have a couple of random 2gb sticks. you could upgrade your gpu too to something like a amd 380-390 or a gtx960, or wait for the amd rx 480 late this month

Deleted
    2x8gb is probably the easiest yeah if you just have a couple of random 2gb sticks. you could upgrade your gpu too to something like a amd 380-390 or a gtx960, or wait for the amd rx 480 late this month
    960 looks good, is the 750 Ti any good or is it not much of an upgrade? Any Nvidia GFX card will fit in my Mobo right? If I'm using a gtx 460 fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    960 looks good, is the 750 Ti any good or is it not much of an upgrade? Any Nvidia GFX card will fit in my Mobo right? If I'm using a gtx 460 fine?
    it should yes, i would advise against any 7XX card unless you get a really good deal as they are getting ratehr old. one thing to maybe take a look at is which power supply you have, if you have some no-name brand psu you might want to replace it too to avoid your pc exploding

If you want to cost-efficiently upgrade your GPU I would highly recommend waiting for the AMD RX480, that's really good bang for your buck.
    Any GPU with just 1 power plug is gonna run just fine as the connectors on the mobo are the same.

A 950 would be better than a 750ti, but best bet would be to wait until later this month for the RX 480.

I've read about the rx480 and I'm real excited about that. Definite buy for me, will be a nice and cheap upgrade, and since I don't plan on gaming in anything other than 1080p, no reason to go any higher. I'd recommend doing the same, wait til later this month and get the 480.