10+ Year Old Account

Raid Narrative and Lore

So in a post here, GW2 Narrative Lead Bobby Stein sheds some light on the ties between Living Story/World and Raid narrative.

I don't know where it came from, but I feel like there's this "no story in raids" population that chafes at the idea of raids having anything more than a small sidestory to them. With GW2 being a narrative driven game, there's almost no way for the story behind any given raid wing to not mean something to the overall narrative of the game.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2016-06-11 at 05:00 PM.

I'm fine with the Raid's having a story that ties into the overall world/ story, though if it's important or referenced, it should probably be repeated elsewhere too for those of us that don't raid.

It'd be nice if they had actual content for the rest of us also.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I don't know where it came from, but I feel like there's this "no story in raids" population that chafes at the idea of raids having anything more than a small sidestory to them. With GW2 being a narrative driven game, there's almost no way for the story behind any given raid wing to not mean something to the overall narrative of the game.
    The people who think the game should never challenge them; that's where it came from. They say they want easy modes, other people say easy modes make no sense in the context of GW2's leveling and gearing systems, so they decide they'd rather just burn it all down.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.