Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How are DH's doing in Raids?

I have seen a lot of footage from dungeons and they seem to be doing well, like topping meters, though has that changed now with the most recent changes?

I have NOT however seen much from raids, how are they doing there? Are raids even open in beta? What classes are beating them if they are being beaten? Is it a matter of just DHs need more gear? Or is it a matter that people are still trying to learn DH? Or are they doing very well? haha

I know this is ALL subject to change, I am just curious about how they are doing currently :P

Raids aren't open; the only raid testing was in alpha and there have been a lot of massive changes for almost all classes since then.

Ah okay, well I guess then how about Dungeons? How are they doing in there?

Do we know when raids are coming back?

Raid TESTING is coming back soon. You'll likely never see the entire raid open on the Beta.
    Anyway, Havoc is the best dps spec in the game atm. Nothing has changed, and it doesn't look like they want it any other way, which makes sense to me.
    There is a very strong possibility they wont scale as well as they do now, or that other specs will simply scale and get much better set bonuses.

As of right now in dungeons, if you brought all DHs (even more than one tank) you would be maximizing your potential to complete the dungeon to the maximum.
    Other than Bloodlust, Demon Hunter is the quintessential damage deal.
    Very strong burst CD for AOE, 5 min cd god mode for bosses.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Raid TESTING is coming back soon. You'll likely never see the entire raid open on the Beta.
    Anyway, Havoc is the best dps spec in the game atm. Nothing has changed, and it doesn't look like they want it any other way, which makes sense to me.
    There is a very strong possibility they wont scale as well as they do now, or that other specs will simply scale and get much better set bonuses.

As of right now in dungeons, if you brought all DHs (even more than one tank) you would be maximizing your potential to complete the dungeon to the maximum.
    So is this being said with the just recently changed Annihilation? Didn't they nerf it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

What did you test? In my opinion DHs are the middle of the pack and that's where they belong. Shamans and Mages got stronger burst ( yes, even counting in Meta), AoE is great but we basically have one skill which seems pretty boring to me.
    After the Annihilation nerf DHs are no longer at the "top" and they never were as op as you're describing them.

They are ridiculously OP now but that also means they'll see some heavy nerfs once the expantions been out for a while.

I'd stay far away from a new class till Blizzard gets the balance right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They are ridiculously OP now but that also means they'll see some heavy nerfs once the expantions been out for a while.

I'd stay far away from a new class till Blizzard gets the balance right.
    How is it that we have 3 COMPLETELY different answers in this thread? Is it skill and people just don't know how to play it? Or spec maybe? One says they are top, another says they are middle, and you say they are stupidly OP...

I am really confused lol.

Deleted
    Slightly superior dps, and high mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    How is it that we have 3 COMPLETELY different answers in this thread? Is it skill and people just don't know how to play it? Or spec maybe? One says they are top, another says they are middle, and you say they are stupidly OP...

I am really confused lol.
    Numbers don't lie. They are way ahead of the average. That might still changce of course.
    They are Melee though and the game really didn't need another melee.

We'll see I guess but if you find them fun, cool or whatever just play one. There really isn't that much of a difference between whats "OP" and whats "crap" in WoW, any class will do and you usually won't see one class pull ahead by much untill you're in BiS gear and who cares by then? I mean, you've killed everything then.

Numbers don't lie. They are way ahead of the average. That might still changce of course.
    They are Melee though and the game really didn't need another melee.

We'll see I guess but if you find them fun, cool or whatever just play one. There really isn't that much of a difference between whats "OP" and whats "crap" in WoW, any class will do and you usually won't see one class pull ahead by much untill you're in BiS gear and who cares by then? I mean, you've killed everything then.
    Yeah I agree, I guess I am curious as to why there is such a difference in opinion? How can some say they are meh, and others say they are top. Is there really that much skill differential in this class?

Yeah I agree, I guess I am curious as to why there is such a difference in opinion? How can some say they are meh, and others say they are top. Is there really that much skill differential in this class?
    Maybe they haven't played them at max level? They are not hard to play at all so no, skill should not matter that much.

Maybe they haven't played them at max level? They are not hard to play at all so no, skill should not matter that much.
    Maybe you guys haven't ran into any really skilled mages or other dps?

After annihilation nerf the number of DH are above average not top meter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zugus View Post
    After annihilation nerf the number of DH are above average not top meter at all.
    Really? They got hit that hard?

The big nerf do Eye Beam didn't help the class either. Right now they are doing okayish. But we are still in tuning.
    I know, that doesn't seem to count for some people but well.

Anyways, numbers are far from final so looking at meters is not recommended atm.

Ah okay, well I guess then how about Dungeons? How are they doing in there?

Do we know when raids are coming back?

Im usually top dps with my DH. Demon form is ridiculous. Great burst AOE and great sustained single target dmg. Moderate cooldown management. Easy rotation but people still screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Im usually top dps with my DH. Demon form is ridiculous. Great burst AOE and great sustained single target dmg. Moderate cooldown management. Easy rotation but people still screw it up.
    How!? how do they screw up something that easy? I feel like it is a really simple class to play, which is fine, and as long as you fire your meta at the right time during a burn phase, or right at the start of a fight to get it back up at the end...you will be in really good shape.

Maybe there is more to the class than that haha.

Maybe you guys haven't ran into any really skilled mages or other dps?
    Possibly, though quite a few of our raiders are mages (for obvious reasons) and they do very well on live so I doubt they would preform any worse on beta.

Possibly, though quite a few of our raiders are mages (for obvious reasons) and they do very well on live so I doubt they would preform any worse on beta.
    Haha cause arcane is top atm? And you consistently beat them in beta?