Alliance Huojin Pandaren

While the two factions in-game are divided by Tushui (Alliance) and Huojin (Alliance). I thought it would be a more interesting concept to roleplay as a Huojin pandaren in the Alliance.

The two factions are seemingly more representative of ideologies that while drastically different in some of there teachings, aren't neccessarily incompatible with either faction.

My pandaren character's name is Kaong Redpaw, a pandaren from the Wandering Isle. Despite being born on the Wandering Isle like his father and his father's father, the Redpaw Clan represented one of the last groups of pandaren to leave Pandaria and settle on Shen-Zhin Su.

Much of his clan is still present in Eastern Pandaria within the Jade Forest.

Kaong left the Wandering Isle sometime before the Alliance airship crashed into Shen-Zin Su (around somewhere between WoTLK and Cataclysm) and sailed to the mystical lands of Kalimdor where his family had stories of a race of powerful magic users who possessed the riches of the world.

What do you think?

I think it would work. The two pandaren philosophies, while different in their approaches to things, have never been at the point of hating each other, it's just the leaders of each school chose a different faction. I don't see any reason that would prevent a pandaren from joining the opposite faction of his or her school. I say have at it. The only thing I would probably say is maybe not have your character join the Alliance before the pandaren starting zone timeline wise, but no reason your character couldn't have been wandering around before then doing things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember, Huojin and Tushui are philosophies, not factions. Jin and Aysa lead no one, but are simply the most active with their chosen factions. It just happens to be that Tushui lines up more with the Alliance's current philosophy, and Huojin the Horde's. However, as we saw in Vol'jin's novel, it's still a mix.
    So, to sum it up, there is nothing standing in the way of your desired backstory. Have at it
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"