Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legion Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas

See the front page for the recap.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-06-16 at 05:54 PM.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scrapped Thal'dranath already?

I was never interested in yet another addon island, tbh. The Timeless Isle in Pandaria was interesting for about a week.

Very interested in what else they thought of instead, and I'm very happy to see that they're dropping the unrealistic "1 xpac per year" bullshit that just left us with a neutered expansion.

My only complaint about the Bloods being BOP is that my main is an enchanter/scribe and I'll probably be regulated to fishing to earn them. I'm keeping enchanting no matter what since it's basically a gathering profession of its own. Does that mean I have to pick up a gathering profession and just sell everything?

"Loot that is guaranteed (rep grinds or gear purchased with currency from vendors) doesn't have surprise or excitement."

The former? No. I personally DO find excitement when I FINALLY get that one piece I really wanted and did all that work to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    "Loot that is guaranteed (rep grinds or gear purchased with currency from vendors) doesn't have surprise or excitement."

The former? No. I personally DO find excitement when I FINALLY get that one piece I really wanted and did all that work to get.
    This.

I can still vividly remember the 1st time I got Kurenei exalted during BC. Literally busted out my phone and recorded myself buying my Talbuk

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The "some animations only exist for certain weapon types" excuse makes me sad, but I guess it makes sense...still wish my rogue could transmog into 1-handed swords, and that fist weapons could be transmogged onto maces and stuff...

How do you get Gold in Legion? Is it all about Auction house and moving existing gold from one player to another? No more raw gold created from nothing like the gold missions in the Garrisson? How much gold would you make doing your world quests and dailys about 4 hours every day not using the auction house?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The "some animations only exist for certain weapon types" excuse makes me sad, but I guess it makes sense...still wish my rogue could transmog into 1-handed swords, and that fist weapons could be transmogged onto maces and stuff...
    Eh, I would imagine an "easy" fix would be to use the animations of the transmog. I say easy in quotes because I have no idea how much coding would actually have to be done for this. They already have to have the transmog sheathe like the item, so attack animations shouldn't be far off.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

15+ Year Old Account
    They have realized taking expansions takes longer than expected. Yearly expansions aren't the best thing for players. Longer expansions give players time to explore the world and story and the team time to create a polished expansion.
    Same quote every expansion (in some way). Don't mind me, just giving this to "younger" players that may not have been with all the Expacs. They'll never be able to provide "enough content". :]

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Eh, I would imagine an "easy" fix would be to use the animations of the transmog. I say easy in quotes because I have no idea how much coding would actually have to be done for this. They already have to have the transmog sheathe like the item, so attack animations shouldn't be far off.
    Yeah...I guess it's abilities like mutilate that don't make sense with anything but daggers, but I feel like it would make perfect sense for the rogue to "slam" with maces or axes and keep stabbing with swords...

Can mythic raiders also get items that are 3 levels higher than mythic? Or is there none of this fun surprise loot for people who work hard on the maximum difficulty?

FINALLY, hopefully this whole Flying discussion can die down now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah...I guess it's abilities like mutilate that don't make sense with anything but daggers, but I feel like it would make perfect sense for the rogue to "slam" with maces or axes and keep stabbing with swords...
    Honestly at that point, I think one animation would be worth sacrificing for a more personalized look for your toon. I just think they are being stubborn about transmogging to other weapon types. They'll budge eventually but it'll probably be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Yap, shares the fate of Farahlon. I totally saw that coming half a year ago xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Can mythic raiders also get items that are 3 levels higher than mythic? Or is there none of this fun surprise loot for people who work hard on the maximum difficulty?
    Can't mythic raid gear currently be Warforged? So I'd assume this'd be the same in Legion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Some animations only exist for certain weapon types, so if you transmogged a dagger into a mace, your character would be trying to stab people with a mace."

Calling bullshit on this, I'm certain my druid can't use 2H axes but shifting into Gamon is no problem at all. It's not like you're all of a sudden equipping a 2H axe even though you are using the appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Sure, the empty landmass that had nothing on it got scrapped. Well, replaced, but I suppose that doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Some animations only exist for certain weapon types, so if you transmogged a dagger into a mace, your character would be trying to stab people with a mace."

Calling bullshit on this, I'm certain my druid can't use 2H axes but shifting into Gamon is no problem at all. It's not like you're all of a sudden equipping a 2H axe even though you are using the appearance.
    THIS! I knew there was at least one instance where you're "forced" to use a weapon model not designed for your class!

This is unexpectedly great. I'm honestly surprised at how much new info there is.

Deleted
    WHAT ABOUT FIST WEPS INTO SWORDS ETC FOR MONKS?!?!? im gonna loose my mind if they dont allow it

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, the empty landmass that had nothing on it got scrapped. Well, replaced, but I suppose that doesn't matter.
    You didn't have proper animations in that form, which is the reason they said they aren't doing it.

Did you even pay attention?