Thread: Warglaive mogs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warglaive mogs

Why cant you mog a venge glaive skin when you are havoc? i thought venge and havoc both used glaives...

should we petition blizz to let any glaive skin be used by both specs, because we have so few glaive mogs post legion?

druids have the shapeshift mog options. why not us?
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2018-07-24 at 11:13 PM.

Because artifact appearances are spec locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Because artifact appearances are spec locked.
    i think they should loosen that for DH. we have like 10 or 12 mogs for glaives, and like a handful more sprinkled on top for cosmetics.
    for class fantasy purposes, why not open it up?

all artifact mogs are locked to the specc the artifact was tied to. Arms and fury warriors can't use each other's 2h's. sub and sin rogues can't share kingslayers... so and so forth. Nevermind that artifact skins are able to overwrite any weapon options from what it looks like (demo warlocks using 1h and thalkiel's skull even when using a 2h)

edit:

as glaives are in the same category as 1h's... they aren't lacking for mogs unless you're specifically looking for ONLY warglaive weapons which were non-existent as a weapon type prior to this expansion.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-07-21 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    i think they should loosen that for DH. we have like 10 or 12 mogs for glaives, and like a handful more sprinkled on top for cosmetics.
    for class fantasy purposes, why not open it up?
    But then they have to do it for every class spec,Besided BFA might gives us a bunch of new glaives to transmog into.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    all artifact mogs are locked to the specc the artifact was tied to. Arms and fury warriors can't use each other's 2h's. sub and sin rogues can't share kingslayers... so and so forth. Nevermind that artifact skins are able to overwrite any weapon options from what it looks like (demo warlocks using 1h and thalkiel's skull even when using a 2h)
    i know the reasons why...

im asking if its a reasonable change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    But then they have to do it for every class spec,Besided BFA might gives us a bunch of new glaives to transmog into.
    bfa gives us ~12 more glaive models iirc via placeholders.

however, why not let all classes use their mogs regardless of spec? legion will be dead and gone in 6 months. why not let its content and weapon mogs be farmable and moggable for all specs for that class

Deleted
    Totally agree. I'd love to have the ability to use all the models regardless of my spec. There just aren't that many choices otherwise, especially not if you want something that matches all the cool sets from legion really well. Not really up for using troll style warglaives on my elfy edgy demon hunter

Letting us use from all the warglaives would give us a pretty varied, decent pool of stuff to choose from, with many styles and tints. It would genuinely be a good change. I can't comment on whether the other specs should get that chance but honestly - why not? We've done the whole locked and prestige thing already. Just make them class locked skins like the old sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolto View Post
    Totally agree. I'd love to have the ability to use all the models regardless of my spec. There just aren't that many choices otherwise, especially not if you want something that matches all the cool sets from legion really well. Not really up for using troll style warglaives on my elfy edgy demon hunter

Letting us use from all the warglaives would give us a pretty varied, decent pool of stuff to choose from, with many styles and tints. It would genuinely be a good change. I can't comment on whether the other specs should get that chance but honestly - why not? We've done the whole locked and prestige thing already. Just make them class locked skins like the old sets.
    right?! the models we have seen suck and other than those, we dont have a lot to choose from unless they let us use maces and fist weapons.

Deleted
    Why cant you mog a venge glaive skin when you are havoc? i thought venge and havoc both used glaives...

should we petition blizz to let all glaives be used by all specs, because we have so few glaive mogs post legion?

druids have the shapeshift mog options. why not us?
    exactly, its spec locked. The only thing that will change with either few weeks or 14th august bfa launch, is that you'll have access to spec specific mage tower on any char on any realm - provided its the same class & spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurendi View Post
    exactly, its spec locked. The only thing that will change with either few weeks or 14th august bfa launch, is that you'll have access to spec specific mage tower on any char on any realm - provided its the same class & spec.
    with the launch of bfa, there are more druid skins than warglaive mogs.

venge dh doesnt get new warblades, they have to use glaives like everybody else.

they should just let all DH use any DH glaive mog.

I agree. But rogues and warriors should also be able to t-mog to Glaives.

No fun allowed. What do you think, this is a game??
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I just wish I could transmogs glaives into fist weapons! Demon Hunters can equip them, just not sure why it's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I agree. But rogues and warriors should also be able to t-mog to Glaives.
    can you guys even equip them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creutzfeldt View Post
    I just wish I could transmogs glaives into fist weapons! Demon Hunters can equip them, just not sure why it's not an option.
    maybe in bfa fist weapons will drop that we can use

5+ Year Old Account
    As well as the fact that artifact appearances are spec locked, I feel like the reason this is the way it is, is because of class / spec fantasy. Vengeance warglaives are very defensive, for a defensive, tanky spec. While havoc warglaives are very offensive, for a dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree and this is a reasonable change. But let's not kind ourselves : not happening anytime soon. Blizzard loves adding restrictions to vanity/cosmetic features of the game because, hey, would we be able to handle all teh fun ?
    (Yeah I'm a bit sour I can't wrap my head around such restrictions who don't affect gameplay whatsoever)

At least we have new models, pre-Legion models and those from the starting zones. Those are cool enough. Also if you want a "tonfa-looking" weapon usable for Havoc, you have to fist weapon available : the one that drop on Gun'Drak (LK dungeon), and another on that drops on the Felguard boss in HFC ; obviously only moggable on fist weapons but that's something, I guess. ^^

can you guys even equip them?
    We can Warglaives of Azzinoth, so why not others?

We didn't have any occasion for them to drop for rogues/warriors(we had artifacts in Legion).

I think it is a reasonable change if you look at it from only "would I like to" but when you figure the time and resources it will take to make ONE class mog between specs the "is it really worth the effort" starts to lose ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    We can Warglaives of Azzinoth, so why not others?

We didn't have any occasion for them to drop for rogues/warriors(we had artifacts in Legion).
    That’s a purely gamey reason. In Legion we already defeated Illidan in BT and can’t go back and defeat him again. Since DHs weren’t a playable class in TBC they are categorized as swords. And since Blizzard doesn’t want any other class to wield warglaives (other than WoA) after Legion they created warglaives as a separate category only for DHs.

Logically any class can wield any weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    That’s a purely gamey reason. In Legion we already defeated Illidan in BT and can’t go back and defeat him again. Since DHs weren’t a playable class in TBC they are categorized as swords. And since Blizzard doesn’t want any other class to wield warglaives (other than WoA) after Legion they created warglaives as a separate category only for DHs.

Logically any class can wield any weapon.
    I understand that Warglaives of Azzinoth are swords category. But DHs shouldn't be the only one that use glaives.