Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Arena master achieve going away in legion confirmed

    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...28656186585088

    Soooooooo its becoming FOS, but i cant really tell if the title is also being removed from the not helpful comments or being kept. i mean i wear this title on all chars right now so definitely gonna be a little buttmad if they actually removed the title
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

  2. #2
    i guess every1 has 1.5 more month to get AM =). Ques are long but games are easy, most teams are just trolls or LF easy cap. There are few R1 teams streaming but u can beat them and make them fools on live stream or que dodge them. It takes aprcox 2 month to get 2.2k in 5s but its worth it

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Cant believe people are getting so up in arms about this, u had 8 years ppl.
    this is flying all over again, blowing shit out of proportion.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Cant believe people are getting so up in arms about this, u had 8 years ppl.
    this is flying all over again, blowing shit out of proportion.
    So what if they had 8 Years? what about people who have only just started and haven't done PvP? or don't like how it is in WOD?. While blizzard want to remove it people still might want it and were planning to do PvP In legion. They shouldn't announce it when legion is so close and (what i've heard) is Queue times are stupidly long. What they should have done is 1) Announce it waaaaay earlier and if they ddint know exactly what they were doing 2) Remove it in a later patch in legion and announce it today
    Last edited by Rehok; 2016-06-23 at 10:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    So what if they had 8 Years? what about people who have only just started and haven't done PvP? or don't like how it is in WOD?. While blizzard want to remove it people still might want it and were planning to do PvP In legion. They shouldn't announce it when legion is so close and (what i've heard) is Queue times are stupidly long.

    Should've gotten good dumbass

    Arena master is already nerfed to the fucking ground because of all the schizos who couldn't get 10 wins over 2k in a row

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by user7893 View Post
    Should've gotten good dumbass

    Arena master is already nerfed to the fucking ground because of all the schizos who couldn't get 10 wins over 2k in a row
    Im not complaining that its being removed. I dont care for the Title. I don't think its a good title. Its purely the fact that they are announcing it with little time for those who haven't done PvP so have no PvP Gear and now need to grind it all out in little time.

  7. #7
    I really don't see the point in removing this (I don't arena, I don't see a point in it for my playstyle), what is it being replaced with?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I really don't see the point in removing this (I don't arena, I don't see a point in it for my playstyle), what is it being replaced with?
    Its not getting replaced.

  9. #9
    I don't see the point in removing this, unless they were removing arena outright, not just 5v5.

    Doesn't affect me (no longer playing, nor was I ever good enough at arena to earn it), other than being a bit baffling.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Twistedelmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    813
    aww all i need is 2200 in 3s and 5s

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    aww all i need is 2200 in 3s and 5s
    Just L2bot (or play on bot teams) and yes, you too can have such an "awesome, distinguished" title in no time.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Rorke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    2,744
    Arena master is useless when Rank 1 titles are just better anyway.
    rip Dave Zablidowsky

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,879
    I'm happy they are removing it.. also considering how hard it is to achieve in TODAYS games, the way it works in legion is a bit different, so - They are removing it from the points system. I honestly think it's a good move. I love feats/legacy, honestly that's the second half of the entire reason I play the game (first half is friends+random bg's lol), but let me say this: MOST of the people who got this, got it when the 12,000,000 players played, and people were hitting 3400 rating.. today is TONS less, and to bat, ONLY elite play the game. I'm not saying I was ever good enough for arena master with my 1800-1900 arena rating between my characters, but I'm saying that it's a GOOD thing for blizzard to remove things that are just not obtainable for 99.9999999999999% of the playerbase in the foreseeable future

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Just L2bot (or play on bot teams) and yes, you too can have such an "awesome, distinguished" title in no time.
    IDK if botting will just net you 2.2k lol - You need a real team, with real people #Iknowyourkiddingbtw

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Im not complaining that its being removed. I dont care for the Title. I don't think its a good title. Its purely the fact that they are announcing it with little time for those who haven't done PvP so have no PvP Gear and now need to grind it all out in little time.
    I don't think even 1 year is enough time to get 2200 in ALL brackets if you're a carebare, you need a ton of time to be good enough to net 2200 in all brackets, it's just not obtainable for most of the people who play.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

    IDK if botting will just net you 2.2k lol - You need a real team, with real people #Iknowyourkiddingbtw
    Not kidding at all. Kickbots, fly hacks, lag hacks, scripts, ddos, wintrades, paid carries & pilots, exploits...just ask people like Bcostco, Bailamos, ABN, Bayter, Datacus, Ocean...on and on...

    Most if not all of the ladders now are a joke. Most PvP titles now mean less than nothing because they can be had so easily with cheats/hax.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-23 at 08:26 PM.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Not kidding at all. Kickbots, fly hacks, lag hacks, scripts, ddos, wintrades, paid carries & pilots, exploits...just ask people like Bcostco, Bailamos, ABN, Bayter, Datacus, Ocean...on and on...

    Most if not all of the ladders now are a joke. Most PvP titles now mean less than nothing because they can be had so easily with cheats/hax.
    I thought about the pilots/carries, but I figured those are perma bannable, people are dumb if they think blizz can't tell someones playing your character haha. But I do hear about those big streamers/pvp'ers getting paid to pilot people to R1 and stuff... Kickbots/hacks again IMO, idk how deep it goes, but I know blizzard LOVES to perma ban, and ban people for that stuff. Wintrading sucks, and I don't have anything around it, sometimes blizzard takes action, sometimes it doesn't. I still see a lot of good people up top in the very tip top of pvp, but obviously - I'm not even on that level of play, currently my CR is like 1650, so I'm not even in that world (I don't try to push rating, I just play to have fun, most of this is playing with friends, or randoms - it's not a crutch, just me not being good enough for anything but challenger haha).

  16. #16
    Honestly you dont need any of those carries, bots, hacks etc all u need to find a stable team and just grind it up (talking about 5s), yes after 2k cr it takes like 20-30 min for que to pop and if u win, u get 1-2 points or lose 10. My best advise try get ppl who are at least 2.2 xp in 3s and just run a stupid OP comp either Aids or Healer killer, for the latter if you have a kick bot on ur melee, u can pretty much steam roll to 2.1k with no problem. The Hardest part for me was just to get every1 on at the same time, because ppl have either RLF stuff work, family or they raid in wow or w/e so best advise to get 2.2k in 5s is to be patient, took me approx 2 month to get 2.2k in 5s WoD, i got 2.1k within 1st week, then took rest of time finding proper people and not giving up after dropping to 2k after facing a multi R1 team.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Caolela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I thought about the pilots/carries, but I figured those are perma bannable, people are dumb if they think blizz can't tell someones playing your character haha. But I do hear about those big streamers/pvp'ers getting paid to pilot people to R1 and stuff... Kickbots/hacks again IMO, idk how deep it goes, but I know blizzard LOVES to perma ban, and ban people for that stuff. Wintrading sucks, and I don't have anything around it, sometimes blizzard takes action, sometimes it doesn't. I still see a lot of good people up top in the very tip top of pvp, but obviously - I'm not even on that level of play, currently my CR is like 1650, so I'm not even in that world (I don't try to push rating, I just play to have fun, most of this is playing with friends, or randoms - it's not a crutch, just me not being good enough for anything but challenger haha).
    No, Blizz does not love to perma-ban, that's why they've given out mostly 6-month bans in the last several "banwaves". They even sent Lore out to babble something about some "study" that showed people are less likely to keep cheating if they get temp bans instead of permas. It's all bullshit that fits Blizz's excuse-making and spin. Fact is they perma'ed more when they had 12 mil. subs but not anymore.

    When you have the rampant cheaters openly bragging about their deeds on Blizz's own forums, yet they constantly buy new accts. and come right back then you know there's a very big problem. Blizz does love selling more copies of the game that's for sure, and they don't ban by payment method, address, or hardware which they could do if they were serious.

    There are a few at the top ranks that probably don't cheat themselves, but they can hardly win much against all the rest so they've played with cheats on their teams - whether knowingly or not.

  18. #18
    I basically got mine Arena Master title one month ago, for over 6 years I needed 2200 in 2s and 3s and then I've managed to push rating in both brackets with the interval of 5 days between each of them, tnx the gods!
    Last edited by Stefanus; 2016-06-24 at 07:50 PM.

  19. #19
    I don't think I have it in me to get 2200 in 2's like seriously I can't fucking stand 2's and 5's is a dead bracket. Rip.

    O well.
    Hi Sephurik

  20. #20
    Isn't Arena Master the running gag of PvP achievements?
    “The weak are always anxious for justice and equality. The strong pay no heed to either.” ― Aristotle
    Your signature is pending verification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •