Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I like it.

    People complain there's nothing to do, they give us something to do then people complain we have something to do. It's the same thing every time, lol.
    My complaint is that there is a detriment being attached for no reason. Its not complaining about a reward, its complaining that PvPers are the only one who have to sacrifice something other than time for a gain.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  2. #42
    I'm sure it will slow down a bit, but I got the first 3-4 talents in one night.. only pvping for 2-3 hours. So I do not think it will make a noticeable difference, and I like the idea of a prestige system. I mainly raid, but also enjoy some pvp as well. Since most of my time is on PvE, I don't have a serious 2's or 3's team, to get rating, so this system adds a form of progression for the non-rated pvper. This progression is also open to the rated pvp players on top of their normal brackets. It is just my opinion and I am not saying anyone else is wrong, but I like the system better then a currency.. that felt super boring to me.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I'm sure it will slow down a bit, but I got the first 3-4 talents in one night.. only pvping for 2-3 hours. So I do not think it will make a noticeable difference, and I like the idea of a prestige system. I mainly raid, but also enjoy some pvp as well. Since most of my time is on PvE, I don't have a serious 2's or 3's team, to get rating, so this system adds a form of progression for the non-rated pvper. This progression is also open to the rated pvp players on top of their normal brackets. It is just my opinion and I am not saying anyone else is wrong, but I like the system better then a currency.. that felt super boring to me.
    Its not really open to rated PvP players as rated PvPers cant be reseting their talents and still be competitive.

    Its one of the faults of the system, people who PvP seriously cant really be serious about PvP if they keep removing their talents. Just like a serious raider cant be a serious raider if their entire right column of talents is unavailable.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    WoW is a giant skinner box.

    every theme park MMO is a giant skinner box.

    But I agree : I find the new prestige / honor system very clumsy
    it is clumsy
    but anything is better than counting numbers
    currency trading is boring and ruins immersion as it locks your mind into these small daily/weekly chores and checklists

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its not really open to rated PvP players as rated PvPers cant be reseting their talents and still be competitive.

    Its one of the faults of the system, people who PvP seriously cant really be serious about PvP if they keep removing their talents. Just like a serious raider cant be a serious raider if their entire right column of talents is unavailable.
    I see what your saying, and I completely understand. It does feel that the prestige system is aimed at the casual pvp audience. Though the addition of the system would not negatively affect you directly, you feel like you cannot take part in this alternate progression system. I did not think of it that way, but you raise an interesting point. Only thing I could think of (and this is just me talking out loud and not like a suggestion) is to try and prestige during off season time... if that's a thing? I know that is a terrible solution.. but there is only 4 levels of prestige to start.. so you maybe able to knock 1-2 out before the season starts and after the first one ends? They are clearly committed to this system, but I am trying to think of a work around so you don't feel handicapped in rated play.. Maybe you always have all of your talents unlocked in rated battlegrounds or rated arena... but then you go through the prestige system in your un-rated play? like normal battlegrounds or arena skirmishes ? Again, just throwing out ideas.

  6. #46
    I think that you are likely to get an increase in the pvp population from this system especially from the kind of people that would play a little, break, play a little. The current pvp scheme is "come get stomped into the ground for a set period of time without any hope before you can make an informed decision if you like this or not". Many people probably quit during the "being stomped" part.

    The addition of people who consider pvp a side activity makes shorter queues and longer ladders.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I think that you are likely to get an increase in the pvp population from this system especially from the kind of people that would play a little, break, play a little. The current pvp scheme is "come get stomped into the ground for a set period of time without any hope before you can make an informed decision if you like this or not". Many people probably quit during the "being stomped" part.

    The addition of people who consider pvp a side activity makes shorter queues and longer ladders.
    This system punishes players that stop playing aka casual players.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  8. #48
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I like it.

    People complain there's nothing to do, they give us something to do then people complain we have something to do. It's the same thing every time, lol.
    Nobody wants to work in a labor camp just cause it's something to do. People want something enjoyable.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    People complain there's nothing to do, they give us something to do then people complain we have something to do. It's the same thing every time, lol.
    This.

    And what more is that players fail to see it is a CHOICE! If you do not like it, then do not do it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its one of the faults of the system, people who PvP seriously cant really be serious about PvP if they keep removing their talents. Just like a serious raider cant be a serious raider if their entire right column of talents is unavailable.
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRESTIGE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR DENSE SKULL!!!

  10. #50
    Prestiging is not a choice unless you are a complete imbecile.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    This.

    And what more is that players fail to see it is a CHOICE! If you do not like it, then do not do it!!!


    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRESTIGE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR DENSE SKULL!!!
    I dont get why people keep ignoring the whole point here.

    Why are PvPers the only ones who have to sacrifice to gain rewards
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Why are PvPers the only ones who have to sacrifice to gain rewards
    Just because there are no rewards that you want does not mean there are no rewards at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Prestiging is not a choice unless you are a complete imbecile.
    Force the player to do something, and he will complain.
    Give the player a choice, and he will complain.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,781
    I think Holinka should get to experience the wonders of Prestiging for himself. Blizzard can reset his salary back to entry-level and he gets a little gold star to wear on his shirt collar. The best part is he won't lose any mandatory talents.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Just because there are no rewards that you want does not mean there are no rewards at all.
    ... what?

    That has nothing to do with what you quoted at all. Are you even reading at this point, or just quoting randomly?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral Phurox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Garrison, Frostfire Ridge
    Posts
    1,037
    During leveling from 1 to 50 :

    Along the way, you'll earn a number of rewards, including Gold, Artifact Power, and a brand new set of PvP-only Honor Talents.

    So you also get other things than just honor levels.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    ... what?

    That has nothing to do with what you quoted at all. Are you even reading at this point, or just quoting randomly?
    It does, you jut refuse to see it.

    I have no need to waste my precious time and effort on some random player that cries about anything and everything just for attention. If you want to continue to ignore the obvious and focus on the tiny spec that you feel is negative even though it is completely optional and has no impact on your personal life or choices, then you can do that on your own.

  17. #57
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I think that you are likely to get an increase in the pvp population from this system especially from the kind of people that would play a little, break, play a little. The current pvp scheme is "come get stomped into the ground for a set period of time without any hope before you can make an informed decision if you like this or not". Many people probably quit during the "being stomped" part.

    The addition of people who consider pvp a side activity makes shorter queues and longer ladders.
    Except it currently takes like 2-7 days to get a full set of conquest and rolf stomp on, which is perfect.

  18. #58
    It is a way to make gear less important, while also giving benefit to playing more. In some ways it is just a shell game, move one thing to another place and call it something different and people are tricked and happy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  19. #59
    Deleted
    Eh aren't bragging right rewards meant for bragging? So isn't prestige a way of going "Hurr hurr I'm so dedicated/skilled, I can get shit done without full setup!"?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Just because there are no rewards that you want does not mean there are no rewards at all.



    Force the player to do something, and he will complain.
    Give the player a choice, and he will complain.
    Presitging isn't a choice for competent players. So, there is no "choice" but only the illusion of choice.

    Derp.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is a way to make gear less important, while also giving benefit to playing more. In some ways it is just a shell game, move one thing to another place and call it something different and people are tricked and happy.
    Yup. The casual players will be stomped trying to prestige or earn honor ranks while the players with full honor talents go around stomping them. The QQ will be immense as you can imagine.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •