Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Hidden artifact model

Do any of you guys know how the havoc demon hunter's will be getting their "hidden" artifact model? I know that you have to collect an item from an npc for mages, and for disc priests you need to go around the world collecting books, but does anybody know what we have to do to get the havoc dh hidden model?

I don't think that information has been discovered yet. It's been asked here a couple times with no real answer.

They've (mostly) confirmed that is exists, but seem to be trying to keep as close a lid as possible on the hidden models, for reasons that are fairly obvious. I'm certain that if it's not discovered in the beta, it'll be well published on wowhead once everything goes live.

One hidden Artifact weapon skin exists for each Artifact weapon, but only a few have been discovered like the Reinhardt hammer for Holy Paladins.

I think it will be found soon after launch. By that time, it should be able to be datamined effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Uviux View Post
    Do any of you guys know how the havoc demon hunter's will be getting their "hidden" artifact model? I know that you have to collect an item from an npc for mages, and for disc priests you need to go around the world collecting books, but does anybody know what we have to do to get the havoc dh hidden model?
    Didnt realize a mage one has been found, anymore info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    One hidden Artifact weapon skin exists for each Artifact weapon, but only a few have been discovered like the Reinhardt hammer for Holy Paladins.
    Also didnt know someone found the holy pally one? So when you say its been discovered someone has found how to get it in game? anymore info on that?

Edit: Also apparently the Resto Shaman one just straight up drops from a boss in Eye of Azshara so more of them might be dungeon drops which is kinda lame. also couple people have claimed to get theirs (prot pally WW monk) at the end of the withered scenario in suramar... so thats also kinda lame that they didnt come up with cool ways to get these unlocks.

Another Edit: Some people have gotten theirs from their Tier 2 order hall upgrade so one of ours (veng or havoc) probably comes from the boss in the twisting nether upgrade when ever the hell blizzard decides to fix it and make it work.
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-06-24 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uviux View Post
    I think the most people know about the DH Havoc hidden Artifact is that it has Azgalor in the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Also didnt know someone found the holy pally one? So when you say its been discovered someone has found how to get it in game? anymore info on that?
    Just the model, no information on how to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Just the model, no information on how to unlock it.
    OMG it's Palahardt!

Found it for Havoc. I've searched everywhere and have found nobody else reporting it or using it, so it's possible this is the first instance of a player obtaining it. Or I'm just mistaken and a presumptuous idiot.

The first thing you'll need to do is obtain "Candrael's Charm" from a random drop - I assume it comes from Suramar guards, because that's where I got mine. No idea if that's the case.

Once you have that, you'll notice the gem has "C.T." engraved on it. This stands for "Candrael Twinsoul." If you go into the Felsoul Hold crater area in Suramar, there's a path visible on the map that runs west. Go up the incline and double-jump/glide along the rocks to get to the top of the cliffside. Follow it around to a large tree and you'll find Candrael Twinsoul, a Blood Elf Demon Hunter. She's by a large tree, some bird/porcupine mobs just before her.

If you show her the charm, her immediate reaction is to assume you're a thief and kick you off the side of the cliff - ya know, as you do. Her kick will send you straight at "Downfall," a large felbat with around 10 million health. You may've noticed him floating around in the general questing area. There's "violent winds" around him which will keep you aloft. You basically can "swim" in the spiral around him, but can't go too high or low or else you will drop out of the area and will reset (you can go to Candrael to continue attempting it). After damaging him for a little bit, Downfall will fling you off in a direction. You basically need to stay afloat using Glide and fall back on top of him to get kicked up by his winds again.

From my attempts (took around 5-10 to realize this was a DH only encounter and I had to be creative) it seems like you need to cancel Glide once you get back to his winds or it'll be buggy and let you fall right through. He'll fling you around again randomly even when you get back into his "bubble" of wind.

Kill him and you get the Guise of the Deathwalker. The good news is, it's cool. The bad news is, the graphic is bugged at the moment. I have a few 20 yard long polygons jutting out of me at the moment. Can't post any pictures.
    Last edited by Azarakal; 2016-06-25 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Fixed certain details, Charm vs. Pendant, etc.

What Suramar guards just any around the city?

I didn't exactly farm it up, so I don't really know. I pretty much dumb-lucked into the whole thing. The only reason I even know about Candrael's location was because I thought there was a similarly named NPC in the cave nearby to her (and I was wrong). That one warlock coven quest hub in the Felsoul crater-ish area.

When I killed the guards in question to drop it, it was the ones that drop the Control Orbs that unlock the prison cages for the one World Quest. But theoretically it can drop from any guard - or any mob period. I dunno. :/ It just happened to drop off the guards in particular that I killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sow hen you unlocked it, did it unlock all the colors for that model, or just a single color?

Just the default, fel green. The first requires 100 dungeons completed using the hidden appearance. The next is 200 world quests using it. The last is 1000 enemy players killed using it. Turquoiseish-Purple-Red. Same way it's shown on the artifact calculator.

Can we get pictures for confirmation that you have it?

Imgur, attach RR9XsdR to it.

There's the weapon non-bugged after being visually "reset."

Same thing but W0v7Z76 demonstrates that, with prolonged movement...WEIRD things start to happen. Already put in a bug report.

Azrakal on Beta Realm 01.
    Last edited by Azarakal; 2016-06-25 at 06:27 AM.

Ive been farming in the area you got it, but no luck yet although the server has been lagging very badly. Wonder if its just a low drop % of theres some other pre requisite to get it to drop.

Some other details - I've finished just about every dungeon on heroic, haven't completed Court of Stars, but did do Arcway before it was converted to Mythic only.

I'm at around 831 ilevel.

I'm up to Statecraft completion and unlocking Court of Stars in the Suramar progression (i.e. I have the quest that rewards the Qiraji Idol but haven't completed it).

I'm up to prepping for Invasion in the Class campaign. Just doing the table missions.

Can't think of any other details really that would influence a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarakal View Post
    Imgur, attach RR9XsdR to it.

There's the weapon non-bugged after being visually "reset."

Same thing but W0v7Z76 demonstrates that, with prolonged movement...WEIRD things start to happen. Already put in a bug report.

Azrakal on Beta Realm 01.
    http://imgur.com/RR9XsdR
    http://imgur.com/W0v7Z76

Here ya go.

So I actually managed to make it to the bat without the neckless using a combo of toys but fucked up his first knockback because its laggin super hard, but waiting for the toy CD each attempt is annoying.

Yeah suramar is lagging way to bad to try this anymore going to wait till tomarrow.
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-06-25 at 07:29 AM.