Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Facebook Streaming, AMR Simulator, Raid Testing, Blue Posts, Assassination Preview

Play Your Way Returns - Davlok's "One Kick Monk" Build, Anthony Evans' Templar GR Setup

Yong Woo Dev Interview - Donuts, Americas Spring Championships this Weekend, Jaina vs Gul'dan

Basic Matchmaking Concepts, MMR & the Soft Reset Explained

Overwatch PTR Patch - Competitive Season 1, Golden Guns, Animated Spray, Competitive Strings, Textures, New Interface Features

Battle.Net - Facebook Streaming
    Tonight's Battle.Net Alpha update added the code to allow for users to stream to Facebook.

We tested the quality with Hearthstone, but you can stream any of the games in the launcher. The quality isn't great, but keep in mind that this feature is not actually released or even active yet.

AskMrRobot - Legion Simulator
    AskMrRobot has released a simulator to model Legion bosses and gameplay. You can read all of the details in their intro post and help page.

• Lots of the details of simulation are contained on a wiki for everyone to see and edit.
    • This includes how spells work, how buffs interact, and the assumptions made in spell rotations.
    • The simulator will model every boss in Legion with multiple scenarios.
    • Simulation setups can be shared and modified.
    • Currently every DPS spec is implemented with basic rotations, most Legion gear is added, and web based simulations are available.
    • In the future a client is coming so that more intensive simulations can be run locally, batch simulations, distributed simulations, stat weight generation, and more.

Warcraft Movie - China Box Office Update
    The Warcraft Movie earned $0.95M in China on Friday, bringing the total to $215.5M.

Raid Testing Schedule - June 24-27
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Within a few hours, we will be opening the first Raid Finder wing of the Emerald Nightmare. We'll leave it open over the weekend.

On Monday, June 27, we will continue our Legion Mythic raid testing.

Remember that Heroic difficulty scales for any group size between 10 and 30 players, so feel free to assemble and bring a group of any size within that range. Mythic, of course, requires 20 and does not scale.

Monday, June 27

Chronomatic Anomaly - Mythic Nighthold
    13:30 PDT (16:30 EDT, 22:30 CEST)

Trilliax - Mythic Nighthold
    15:00 PDT (18:00 EDT, 00:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The first week of the Emerald Nightmare raid is now open in Raid Finder, containing Nythendra, Il'gynoth, and Elerethe Renferal. Players level 100+ may queue, and players' level and item level will be scaled accordingly.

Please use this thread for any feedback on mechanics, clarity, tuning, bugs, etc.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Level 100 Template Characters
    When you make a character there should be a bar at the top of the screen to select level 1 or level 100. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legion Transmog
    Cudgel of the Warmaster. The lfr appearance shows up in my appearance tab as not collected. As far as I know dragon soul lfr weapons not from deathwing never dropped on live servers and this is an unobtainable item. I mean, if you're gonna have them start dropping from DS LFR that's great, though.
    This is now a thing. Get your recolors on. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Beta Crash Every Morning
    We've figured out why this keeps happening; we don't have a fix in place yet but it's definitely going to need fixing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Horn of Valor Nerf
    Is it as intended for regular heroic horn of valor to have the same agility on use effect as a titanforged mythic horn? I have a titanforged and it feels so underwhelming to have the same agility on use as a heroic version.
    This is a data bug and will be fixed in a future build. Thanks! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Vengeance Demon Hunter -- Legion Beta Feedback
    The current damage of Soul Cleave (after a hotfix overnight) is the intended damage after the recent redesign. The tooltip will be corrected in an upcoming build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Fire Mage -- Legion Beta Feedback
    There may still have to be some tuning on Phoenix Flames, once we see how the auto-crit fits into the rotation. Overall it's an effect we like, and part of the reason is that it helps stop Combustion from being the only correct time to use PF. But the 90sec recharge is too long--that will be reduced next build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Enhancement Shaman Feedback -- Legion Beta Feedback
    To clarify a few things:
    --This build caught the middle of a few changes. Next build, Maelstrom Weapon will affect autoattacks and Windfury attacks. That should keep Windfury relevant to the rotation, but still leave Maelstrom generation lower than before (which we found to be too high). In addition, there is no longer the confusing and unnecessary fact that Stormstrike and Lava Lash both spent and generated Maelstrom.
    --There's no intended change to Feral Spirits; that's a tooltip bug.
    --The rotation with Boulderfist is meant to be Maelstrom-limited (i.e., it should have open GCD's, unlike the usual rotation). After Maelstrom Weapon is working properly, we'll see if the Boulderfist rotation is correct as far as pacing, and can tune the damage from there. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Final Boss - Assassination Rogue Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-06-25 at 10:12 AM.

Legion Transmog
    Cudgel of the Warmaster. The lfr appearance shows up in my appearance tab as not collected. As far as I know dragon soul lfr weapons not from deathwing never dropped on live servers and this is an unobtainable item. I mean, if you're gonna have them start dropping from DS LFR that's great, though.
    This is now a thing. Get your recolors on.

Nice

hhmm, wanted to take a look at the FB Live Streaming, I am on the same Alpha build as you (1.5.0.7620) but don't have the 'Game Streaming' menu item.
    Is there something else you need to enable / do to see this to test it?

Thanks China. No JK.

Quote Originally Posted by sadsurfer View Post
    hhmm, wanted to take a look at the FB Live Streaming, I am on the same Alpha build as you (1.5.0.7620) but don't have the 'Game Streaming' menu item.
    Is there something else you need to enable / do to see this to test it?
    think its like select few or not enabled yet for people.. its suppose to be an update you get (one was pushed last night).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Thanks China. No JK.
    well to be fair, we probably wouldnt get a chance to expand the franchise without china. so, yea. thx china.
    Hi

Ugh the quality on that FB streaming is absolute garbage

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    $.95M for the movie in China on Friday is pretty brutal, and the US is expected to only be in the $2M range this weekend. It just didn't have legs as they say. I'd be surprised if it's on the schedule in next week's theaters at least in the US. Sadly the odds for a WC2 movie are dwindling. The retail blu-ray/digital sales will need to be pretty huge I think to come close to their break-even target of $500M. But supposedly a good 30% was cut from the theater version, so maybe fans eager for a full director's cut including cut and behind the scenes content will boost it. It would seem unlikely to boost the net revenue that much though.

This Mr.Robot simulator looks amazing! I've always wanted to be able to Sim my characters but always found WoWsims kind of intimidating and not easy to understand. I loved the boss feedback logs and info that Mr. Robot already does and having a resource to be able to sim my characters in what seems to be a fairly easy to understand and use simulator makes me very excited. Resources that can help make "casuals" better players are a benifit for players at all levels.
    Last edited by Rawklobster; 2016-06-25 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Why the hell are they investing in Facebook streaming and not Twitch? Who uses FB in 2016, sorry don't want to be that guy but for real - why blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FadricGamer View Post
    Who uses FB in 2016
    dear sweet summer child.

Why the hell are they investing in Facebook streaming and not Twitch? Who uses FB in 2016, sorry don't want to be that guy but for real - why blizzard.
    Facebook probably paid them. That's why? Also, facebook still has millions of users. A lot of whom probably play Hearthstone.

Not alot of people are gonna buy the DVD unless there is a directors cut that adds in the 40 mins that the movie desperately needs

facebook paid for this, its not a blizzard initiative. This is just Blizzard accepting a cash infusion. If blizzard gave half a ^#$% about the gaming community, they would have added a useful feature.(aka. twitch)

Their goal is to be able to put an ad on facebook so that new players can start playing by just clicking a link and not even needing a battle.net account anymore. Login's can be handled via facebook API. The day battle.net goes away and "log in with facebook" becomes the only way to play, will be the last day I play a blizzard game. Or worse yet, facebook will do what they do best.... buy blizzard/activision for a few billion dollars. That will be the real wow killer. Facebook. I. hate. facebook.

ok, i'll take off my tin-foil hat now.
    Last edited by kaesden; 2016-06-25 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    how long ago was it that blizzard first talked about facebook integration...like 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponsmith Wulf View Post
    Not alot of people are gonna buy the DVD unless there is a directors cut that adds in the 40 mins that the movie desperately needs
    I will definitely buy it. I enjoyed the movie and didn't look for any of the easter eggs, I just watched it as I would any other movie. I would like to see a director's cut to see the 40 minutes. I also came away with a theory that was hinted in the movie that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else. I don't know if it was overlooked or just didn't register with people. At any rate, director's cut or not, I will buy the DVD. And I hope there is a sequel. I came out of the movie alongside a mother and her teenage son and they were saying they wondered what movie the critics saw because they loved the movie and wanted to see a sequel. I asked and neither of them play WOW. I asked if they had problems following the story and they said no.

Again with World of Warcraft movie box office results in China? Why? It would be much more relevant to see the US numbers or any of the other English speaking countries since most of your readers fall into that category.

Seriously..all my friends are in their 26s 30s
    noone use facebook except the women...why waste resources on this crap

do a deal with twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    well to be fair, we probably wouldnt get a chance to expand the franchise without china. so, yea. thx china.
    that is exactly my point

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I will definitely buy it. I enjoyed the movie and didn't look for any of the easter eggs, I just watched it as I would any other movie. I would like to see a director's cut to see the 40 minutes. I also came away with a theory that was hinted in the movie that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else. I don't know if it was overlooked or just didn't register with people. At any rate, director's cut or not, I will buy the DVD. And I hope there is a sequel. I came out of the movie alongside a mother and her teenage son and they were saying they wondered what movie the critics saw because they loved the movie and wanted to see a sequel. I asked and neither of them play WOW. I asked if they had problems following the story and they said no.
    I liked the movie too... I gave it a 7/10.. My main problem, was that it was rushed. Especially in the beginning. Im watching it and im like really? 1 or less minute on one scene, then skip to another which takes place later. and so on.. the pacing was bad too. Thats why I really wanted the 40+ minutes.. I mean, As a lore buff, Even the lore changes didnt bother me that much.. It was all the pacing... I even liked Garona, and alot didnt like her performance.