Tricks of the Trade in Legion

First off I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I haven't seen it written about here. I was playing around with the talent tool on wowhead, and when I moused over ToT, it said it gave a 15% buff to my target AND to me.

Is this really a thing? And does anyone think this actually has a chance of seeing live? Personally I'm happy to take any buff I can get, but I remember the days when everyone was so glad Blizz removed the extra damage component to Tricks. I never thought I'd see it back.

At least this time, I get the buff as well as my target.

Again, I apologize if this is a dumb question. Thanks for any and all feedback.

That's with a PvP talent only, not baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's with a PvP talent only, not baseline.
    Which is......weird.

ToT isn't used in pvp since there's really no point. So essentially this has turned it into a mindless yet obligatory cd. Which it used to be. Which almost everyone said they hated.

But thanks for the rapid reply.

I actually kind of liked the old tricks. People in raid always begging for my ToT...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Which is......weird.

ToT isn't used in pvp since there's really no point. So essentially this has turned it into a mindless yet obligatory cd. Which it used to be. Which almost everyone said they hated.

It was used in pvp before the damage bonus was removed. An extra 15% burst for your frost mage friend was a pretty huge deal.

Which is......weird.

Like Roncero said, it *was* used before for PvP when it had it originally. Now it will be used again. I also never hated it in PvE, in fact, I loved being able to open instantly knowing I wouldn't out-agro the tank and get blown up. Similarly, I could help get new or stray adds to a tank with TotT>step>FoKs. I really like TotT and was saddened it was completely removed initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I actually kind of liked the old tricks. People in raid always begging for my ToT...

Haha yeah, me and the other Rogue on my raid team always traded it with each other. I had people offering to pay me gold for TotT priority, lol.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Like Roncero said, it *was* used before for PvP when it had it originally. Now it will be used again. I also never hated it in PvE, in fact, I loved being able to open instantly knowing I wouldn't out-agro the tank and get blown up. Similarly, I could help get new or stray adds to a tank with TotT>step>FoKs. I really like TotT and was saddened it was completely removed initially.
    Just to be clear, I disliked the damage bonus, not the ability itself in pve. Nowadays it's pretty hard to pull threat off even a semi-competent tank, but I still use it on the pull just in case, especially if I'm in a pug and I don't know just how competent that tank really is.

The damage buff was just annoying. I hated being obligated to push a button just to give some mage a quick buff. Selfish of me, I realize. Now, if that extra damage had shown up in MY recount, that might have been different.

Just to be clear, I disliked the damage bonus, not the ability itself in pve. Nowadays it's pretty hard to pull threat off even a semi-competent tank, but I still use it on the pull just in case, especially if I'm in a pug and I don't know just how competent that tank really is.

The damage buff was just annoying. I hated being obligated to push a button just to give some mage a quick buff. Selfish of me, I realize. Now, if that extra damage had shown up in MY recount, that might have been different.
    I think the way they have changed the combatlog system (something to do with rets Might/Kings etc buffs for Legion) it might well work like that now. I could be wrong though. Not heard or seen anything of it. But again that'd be for PvP only so it won't matter now.