The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Will this GPU be compatible with my motherrboard?

hi, i am planning on replacing my ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II 2GB OC possible with a MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB (cause im on a budget )
    however i am not very sure if this new gpu will be compatible with my motherrboard which is a ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard

hope someone can help me out with this
    cheers !

10+ Year Old Account
    It will work. It's the PSU you need to worry about. Also why GTX 970 when RX 480 is around corner?

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    hi, i am planning on replacing my ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II 2GB OC possible with a MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB (cause im on a budget )
    however i am not very sure if this new gpu will be compatible with my motherrboard which is a ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard

hope someone can help me out with this
    cheers !
    GPU will be compatible with every normal consumer board. You should wait for the RX 480 to come out in 3 days(29th) instead of getting a 970. The RX 480 will be 200$ for the perfomance equal to or above a 980. What powersupply are you using? I don't imagine it wouldn't handle a RX 480 but better to check.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    GPU will be compatible with every normal consumer board. You should wait for the RX 480 to come out in 3 days(29th) instead of getting a 970. The RX 480 will be 200$ for the perfomance equal to or above a 980. What powersupply are you using? I don't imagine it wouldn't handle a RX 480 but better to check.
    that is the power supply

that is the power supply
    It's unlikely you'll ever break 550w with overclocking included. 750 is perfectly fine!

that is the power supply
    Yep you should be good to go then, just wait for the RX 480 to come out and grab one of those! ^^