[Movie] Need help identifying sci fi anime movie

There was an old anime movie between 2000 and like 2008 that I can't remember the name of.

It had a futuristic setting and the main characters were a group of girls.
    The movie seemed to be about a murderer that no one knew who it was.
    The world is about as futuristic as Accel World with that kind of technology.

That's about as much as I remember, Thanks to anyone who can identify it.
    Last edited by Yuyukoyay; 2016-07-06 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    EDIT: Did not notice it was a anime, did gess it was Strange Days but that is a live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyukoyay View Post
    There was an old movie between 2000 and like 2008 that I can't remember the name of.

hm..ocean blue? ghost in a shell? probably neither but sounds vaguely familiar

10+ Year Old Account
    Old movie...

2000-2008...

Gods I feel old :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Old movie...

2000-2008...

Gods I feel old :'(

Here I was just thinking the same thing.

There was an old movie between 2000 and like 2008 that I can't remember the name of.

This seems really vague, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing maybe something like Kara no Kyoukai Movie 1: Fukan Fuukei or Patlabor WXIII? If you give some more details, maybe I can refine my search.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

The story reminds me of Garden of Sinners, but there was no tech in it if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero-tan View Post
    This seems really vague, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing maybe something like Kara no Kyoukai Movie 1: Fukan Fuukei or Patlabor WXIII? If you give some more details, maybe I can refine my search.
    Thanks for the replies.
    It's not either of these.

The main character is a girl and like her entire house is controlled with a PC. The world seems to reflect this tech. Her friend is really detached from this tech though. There happens to be like murders in the area. They don't full on investigate it or anything but they do notice weird things.

Not Paranoia Agent either. XD As that is another possible wrong conclusion at this point.

It was once on Anime Network if that helps. Though the quality of their old stuff drastically differed. This was one of their better showings. It could have been a movie or a OVA. There is a small chance it could have been slightly newer than my dates as well. Those are just the most likely years it's from but it could have been slightly later. I'm thinking it was probably an OVA because I think it was cut into 3 parts.

Another more accurate list of dates might be more in the 2004-2009 area. I just can't remember when I saw it exactly and Anime Network's site doesn't really give me a lot of info on the stuff from that time period.
    Last edited by Yuyukoyay; 2016-07-06 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks for the replies.
    It's not either of these.

The main character is a girl and like her entire house is controlled with a PC. The world seems to reflect this tech. Her friend is really detached from this tech though. There happens to be like murders in the area. They don't full on investigate it or anything but they do notice weird things.

Not Paranoia Agent either. XD As that is another possible wrong conclusion at this point.

It was once on Anime Network if that helps. Though the quality of their old stuff drastically differed. This was one of their better showings. It could have been a movie or a OVA. There is a small chance it could have been slightly newer than my dates as well. Those are just the most likely years it's from but it could have been slightly later. I'm thinking it was probably an OVA because I think it was cut into 3 parts.

Another more accurate list of dates might be more in the 2004-2009 area. I just can't remember when I saw it exactly and Anime Network's site doesn't really give me a lot of info on the stuff from that time period.
    the closest anime I can think of that matches this premises is an older series called serial experiments lain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds kinda like SoltyRei or Noein: To Your Other Self, but those are just normal series not OVA or movies. Maybe Armitage III?

Not much info to work with on this, though.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Sounds kinda like SoltyRei or Noein: To Your Other Self, but those are just normal series not OVA or movies. Maybe Armitage III?

Not much info to work with on this, though.
    I'm personally having a hard time trying to find a sci-fi movie that isn't giant robots or dystopian.

10+ Year Old Account
    By chance either of these?

Loups=Garous
    Mardock Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    By chance either of these?

Loups=Garous
    Mardock Scramble
    Loups=Garous is the winner. Thanks =3

Such a unique story. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Loups=Garous is the winner. Thanks =3

Such a unique story. xD

Happened to see it listed on hulu recently. Haven't really watched it yet, but your description sounded familiar.