Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Top 3 most OP specs in PVP for legion?

Top 3 most OP specs in PVP for legion?

I feel like Disc will be one of the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a RPS system with the classes, kinda like what we had in TBC.

For Example Frost Mage>Arms Warrior >Sub Rogue> Frost Mage.

That way your class/spec will be strong over some combinations while weaker to others. The whole "One Spec > Mostly Everything" Is pretty unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrusDH View Post
    Considering nothing is final... None?

Or are you asking what people think will be the most OP?
    We are fast approaching launch, as time progresses there will be fewer and fewer changes and what we have will more and more be what we are going to have with launch. Especially true for PvP as blizzard isnt doing much balance on the PvP talents it seems.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

They have more tuning knobs then ever. Marksman hunter was OP on PTR for a week, its damage is cut by 50% and now it does comparable damage to all other specs.

Meanwhile in PVE MM hunter is unaffected.

They have PVP talents and %DPS %Healing %DMGReduction added to their list, so tuning OP classes down is very very quick and easy to do. No more Battlegrounds with 10 of a singular spec anymore.
    Is this perfect? Nope, but its better for balance than anything that has happened before for WoW.

Well as of now on Beta it is: 1) Prot pally 2) Blood DK 3) Rogue or BM hunter????

Don't know about BG's, but I'd say that one of the game changers for Arenas will be prot warriors. Saw Swifty's video couple of days ago about making that small window to literally do 1 shots anyone.

I'm still waiting to see that nerfed and it probably will be, unfortunately

Not including the broken tanks.

Sub rogue, hpaladin, havoc dh, enh shaman, fire mage. Those seem to be the dominant specs so far, of course, the gear we get in the beta is only 810 ilvl, we dont know how things will be when people have proper 840+ gear.

With my limited experience I see TURBO being very popular (Healer+Enh+Warrior) now what spec will the Warrior be not sure ..

Warrior is insanely good right now WITH a healer and Enh is more powerful than WoD .. Sub is cutting through players like a knife through butter ..

In any case Im really curious how tanks will play in 3v3 ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    With my limited experience I see TURBO being very popular (Healer+Enh+Warrior) now what spec will the Warrior be not sure ..

Warrior is insanely good right now WITH a healer and Enh is more powerful than WoD .. Sub is cutting through players like a knife through butter ..

In any case Im really curious how tanks will play in 3v3 ..
    For "warrior" you mean arms or fury? I saw a few videos and arms seems pretty squishy right now, but maybe in that composition are already better than fury?

From my point of view ( and experience with anticipating trends ), tanks will be nerfed before the first legion season begins I can assure you, maybe prot pala will remain strong due to utility but the damage won't be as strong as other dps classes.

As for what I am sure will be a top spec for at least the first arena season:

Melee Tier 1: Arms warrior , Enh shaman ( this spec is so solid on beta ), Sub rogues.
    Tier 2: Assassination rogue, Ret pala, Feral druid, Unholy DK, WW monk,Survival hunter.
    Tier 3: Frost Dk, Fury warrior, Havoc DH, Outlaw Rogue.

Ranged Tier 1: Fire mage, BM hunter, Demo lock.
    Tier 2: Arcane mage, Affliction lock,Balance druid, Shadow priest.
    Tier 3: Destro lock, Ele shaman, Frost mage, MM hunter.

Healer Tier 1: Resto druid, Holy pala.
    Tier 2: MW monk , Holy priest, Resto shaman.
    Tier 3: Disc priest( this would be in Tier 2 but its output is weak and needs to be scaled better).

No tank tier needed, Prot pala is the strongest tank due to the utility provided, as tank damage is nerfed across the board, prot pala will be the only tank with enough utility to be viable in comparison to other tank specs.

Do note that all specs/classes are viable , the only difference between the specs stated above is that these specs are exceptionally deadly while either providing CC,utility or simply more raw damage than the ones stated in tiers below them.

Another thing to note is the fact that these tiers are catered towards the first season's balance of power, meaning that melee will heavily dominate and as such a lot of the results will change as more seasons pass , as the scaling increases a lot of classes/specs will rearrange themselves in different tiers.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-06-29 at 12:24 PM.

..what if they don't nurf tank damage but instead make them a bit more 'squishy?' They did say they might do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ..what if they don't nurf tank damage but instead make them a bit more 'squishy?' They did say they might do that!
    Then be ready for a season full of prot paladin and prot warrior crittIng you for half your hp or more. With the prot paladin with more control abilities then a rogue and more healing and support ret paladin ever add, with more mobility.

Reducing their survivability doesent do anything they will still be dpser with more utility. How exaclt can you nerf prot paladin survivabilty anyway. The spec has like 5 shield wall of different power and cooldown.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-06-29 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Then be ready for a season full of prot paladin and prot warrior crittIng you for half your hp or more. With the prot paladin with more control abilities then a rogue and more healing and support ret paladin ever add, with more mobility.

Reducing their survivability doesent do anything they will still be dpser with more utility. How exaclt can you nerf prot paladin survivabilty anyway. The spec has like 5 shield wall of different power and cooldown.
    Yep, if they nerf tank survivability instead of damage, tanks will outperform standard damage specs.

If Prot and ret deal the same damage, prot has more utility and will end up being the go to spec, I'd imagine the same reaction on all other tank spec dilemmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    We are fast approaching launch, as time progresses there will be fewer and fewer changes and what we have will more and more be what we are going to have with launch. Especially true for PvP as blizzard isnt doing much balance on the PvP talents it seems.
    The exact opposite happens - this is when we get the most number changes to classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Assassination Rogue (Rupture needs a big nerf)
    Sub Rogue (mainly because of teleport from Shadowstrike. Shadow Dance was just changed though, so uptime might be less now)
    Blood DK/Vengance DH/Prot Paladin (Basically immortal)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Assassination Rogue (Rupture needs a big nerf)
    Sub Rogue (mainly because of teleport from Shadowstrike. Shadow Dance was just changed though, so uptime might be less now)
    Blood DK/Vengance DH/Prot Paladin (Basically immortal)
    It used to have a 5% chance to gain a shadow dance charge per combo point spend. Now it gives a 3 second guaranteed cool down reduction per combo point spend.

So you either have a 25% chance on each finisher or a 15 seconds guaranteed cooldown reduction.

The probability of getting a free charge with the first system was 68.35938% after four finishers.
    With the new system you get a charge every four finishers. In most cases you will probably not need the 4th since you cant spam finishers constantly.

So I think you might have a better overall up time on shadow dance charges then before, It won't be as crazy with lucky RNG though.
    I think it's better for sub rogues since they never really were a RNG spec, which a lot of people liked about it.

The one you enjoy the most. Because blizz can't nerf your happiness except when they remove dispel from shield slam on Gladiator Warriors... or remove Gladiator full stop.. That's a beat we can all dance to.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-06-29 at 02:16 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Pick a mage, a warlock or a healer and enjoy being OP forever.

Even when you're arguably 'bad' you'd always find ways to spam fear / be immortal / be annoying.