Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I feel DK is a safe bet along with WW monks.

Deleted
    no idea what is going to happen after tuning.

Sadly with everyone having the same ilvl and power the flavour of the month class is going to be more important than ever. Having an equal playing field is nice with everyone having the same gear/stats, but it only works if classes are balanced really well. That is something Blizzard isn't known for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    no idea what is going to happen after tuning.

Sadly with everyone having the same ilvl and power the flavour of the month class is going to be more important than ever. Having an equal playing field is nice with everyone having the same gear/stats, but it only works if classes are balanced really well. That is something Blizzard isn't known for though.
    I agree that classes need to be balanced well to make it work. It reminds me of when I played Guild Wars, over a decade ago by now I guess, and they used to tune skills weekly based on what was being used the most in pvp, using over representation as a means of singling out what must be overpowered and nerfing it. Made for lots of fun meta shifts.

All that being said though, how would it be any better if gear weren't balanced? I would much rather have one fixed variable like gear with skill tuning dependent than have them both dependent and force blizzard to just randomly guess at what might fix the issue, seeing as how I highly doubt many of them are as skilled as plenty of players are at pvp and therefore won't understand what the actual problems are.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Arms has insane mobility. What the fuck are you smoking? 2 charges and 3 heroic leaps. That's actually more than Havoc(DH).

And in any sort of organised PvP they will have BoF on them constantly anyway.
    That's fury with 3 heroic leaps, not arms. Also neither arms nor fury can reliably spec double time because stuns continue to remain super important.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by bonicus View Post
    whats assassination like?
    Super stronk

Have to say i've been absolutely crushing it with Unholy DK in this latest build, very strong

prot pally lol def not hunters anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to tell. I still don't think they've even started on tuning pvp yet. There's no way the game is going live the way it is on beta.

Legion beta literally feels like you're playing in a level 70 twink bracket especially after the huge prune. You can legitimately kill people with some classes in 10 seconds without using offensive cds or anything other than regular damage. Everything feels extremely limited to the point where if you don't play a tank and you get ganked by just 2 people, you're going to die really fast. Healers also flop the second they get caught by a mob of angry dps.

Could change tomorrow, so any answer we give will likely be out of date within a day or two.

that's the answer in a nutshell.

Deleted
    We sat and laughed once, and commented on how the ineviteable tuning would fix the issues.

The issues were never fixed, the beta? Wrath of the Lich King.

Im not quite confident they will tune enough, this exact thing happend and "Wotlk'D" went live, and it stayed broken for months.

WoW "esport" might be garbage, but i will never forget that Hunter/EnhSham/Holy Pala globaling another pro team, it was a classic. The camera cut to the 3 commentators, the middle one looked at the camera, gave a smirk "that is...that folks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It's too early to tell. I still don't think they've even started on tuning pvp yet. There's no way the game is going live the way it is on beta.

Legion beta literally feels like you're playing in a level 70 twink bracket especially after the huge prune. You can legitimately kill people with some classes in 10 seconds without using offensive cds or anything other than regular damage. Everything feels extremely limited to the point where if you don't play a tank and you get ganked by just 2 people, you're going to die really fast. Healers also flop the second they get caught by a mob of angry dps.
    Does it make me a bad person, if i smiled reading about healers dying fast and approved it in my mind lol those damn healers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    -snip-
    Do you remb in Wrath s7 was it? When Elem/Destro/Hpal could global some1 with procs along without popping major cds, fun times facing that team as a melee dps =(

Classes that are still retarded on Beta(after several nerfs):

Frost Mage.
    Arms Warrior.
    Fury Warrior.
    Ass Rogue.
    Sub Rogue.
    Fire Mage.
    Frost Mage.
    WW Monk.
    Frost DK.

The worst offenders by far are Arms, Fury and Frost Mage. 2 GCDs to kill someone.
    Are Frost DKs really that bad? Outside of their 5 min cooldown, they didn't seem to hit all that hard compared to other melee last time I tried one about a week ago. Correct me if I am wrong because I would be honestly curious and MMO Champion does a terrible job keeping up to date with PvP template changes.

As for the Fire Mage situation, yeah it's kind of silly but with the way things are with many melee having near 100% uptime and insane damage, they seem to be a product of design. If you did anything to force them to hard-cast, they would be a free kill for melee like literally every other DPS caster right now. Even Frost Mages for all their potential damage need a long setup to do that and can be fairly easily interrupted while they try.

Personally, I would like to see things toned down on both sides but you cannot simply say things like "Make Fire Mages have to hard cast!" and leave it at that in the current climate of melee dominance.
    Last edited by Torais; 2016-07-15 at 02:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    I really want to play Ench Shaman in Legion, but I'm worried I'm gimping myself. From what I read so far, it seems Warrior (Arms/Fury), Rogue or even Monk outperform Ench Shaman =\
    Nah it's cool. Professions don't give combat bonuses anymore so it doesn't matter if you have enchanting or not. Your spec will matter more.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Nah it's cool. Professions don't give combat bonuses anymore so it doesn't matter if you have enchanting or not. Your spec will matter more.
    Nice one dude.

nobody knows because balance is non existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have spend half a day trying to make Fury work in pvp on beta..... Mixing talents ideas ect.

With retarded 30% damage taken YOU DIE BEFORE BLADESTORM ENDS !!!
    As i see it there is 0 defensive coldowns.
    Have not played arms as i never like it but has loads of good deff cds !!!

Played prot.. Think i will play full on prot this xpack... Maybe You dont have mega burst but at lest you dont get blown up in 8 seconds on arenas !!!!

It reminds me start of wotlk pvp where people just blow up other people !!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Classes that are still retarded on Beta(after several nerfs):

Frost Mage.
    Arms Warrior.
    Fury Warrior.
    Ass Rogue.
    Sub Rogue.
    Fire Mage.
    Frost Mage.
    WW Monk.
    Frost DK.

The worst offenders by far are Arms, Fury and Frost Mage. 2 GCDs to kill someone.
    So mages and melee. Gotcha.

Meanwhile destro locks chaos bolt isn't even worth having on your bars anymore. Now you have to spec for instant casts that tickle the enemy. It's like being a poor man's fire mage (less damage and mobility) on beta.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

As someone who hasnt done much beta yet. Which specs have good solo survivability? For doing world pvp that is. Should I be hitting up my prot or fury first?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    As someone who hasnt done much beta yet. Which specs have good solo survivability? For doing world pvp that is. Should I be hitting up my prot or fury first?
    Survival category goes to tanks Blood DK / Prot Pala
    DPS wise Warrior needs a pocket healer / Ret is crazy strong damage wise but no mobility (you can be CC'd on that 3sec horse thingy) and once bubble (both of which with the new shiled can be dispelled) is gone gg die pala / Enh solid choice / Feral plays really close to live so yes a solid choice / Rogue solid choice we all know why / WW is the most mobile and again solid choice / Prot Warrior meh /