Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I was set on playing Ench Shaman, but now I really have to seriously consider. Given their history with balance changes (or lack of it), I don't want to play a subpar class that require you to do a lot of work and good skill execution just to do subpar damage.

Any suggestions what class to play if I want to mainly pvp and solo pve? My choices were:
    - Ench Shaman
    - Ele Shaman
    - Fire Mage
    - MM Hunter

I actually enjoyed MM Hunter.. But this thread made me consider Ench Shaman... Now I really want to reconsider again =\

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    I was set on playing Ench Shaman, but now I really have to seriously consider. Given their history with balance changes (or lack of it), I don't want to play a subpar class that require you to do a lot of work and good skill execution just to do subpar damage.

Any suggestions what class to play if I want to mainly pvp and solo pve? My choices were:
    - Ench Shaman
    - Ele Shaman
    - Fire Mage
    - MM Hunter

I actually enjoyed MM Hunter.. But this thread made me consider Ench Shaman... Now I really want to reconsider again =\
    What's up with people and enchanting shamans, there is no "ch" in enhancement.

I'd say your choices are alright,though maybe ele is the weakest one of the bunch you've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post

- Ench Shaman
    - Ele Shaman
    - Fire Mage
    - MM Hunter

All of them are good choices .. You may want to look at BM though ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindog View Post
    So mages and melee. Gotcha.
    When is it ever not Mages ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

There are three kinds of people in this thread:

Those making best guesses off of what they know (You the real MVP!). Those being sarcastic. Those afraid to commit while simultaneously acting like it's "impossible" to know anything.

For those in the first group, I'd like to offer a loud and booming: Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    Have to say i've been absolutely crushing it with Unholy DK in this latest build, very strong
    Have you had problems against certain specs?

As always, don't look at numbers. They change - frequently, and rarely matter at any good rating. Look at what they can *do*.

Mobility Gods:
    Arms Warrior
    Fury Warrior
    Demon Hunter
    Sub Rogue
    WW monk once you have PVP talents

Not much to say here - these classes can stick to damn near anyone. Warriors have something like 4-6 gap closers depending on how you talent. Demon Hunter has Fel Rush on a tiny cooldown, their 5 minute CD is a heroic leap with 25% haste attatched(and empowered abilities), Felblade is charge that can randomly reset..hard to escape these guys. Sub rogues spammable ability is, quite literally, a teleport. It's attached to a CD but they start with 2/3 charges of it and it refreshes after a few hits - you can assume ~80% up time on it. (60 second recharge, -3 seconds per combo point spent, lasts 6 seconds). WW Monk breaks roots/snares when rolling/torpedoing, along with the massive 50 yard Flying Dragon Kick. Not directed mobility - so they can use it to escape as well.

Kings of CC:
    WW Monk
    Frost Mage
    Outlaw Rogue

WW monk has 2 AoE Stuns - both instant, both impossible to react to, one has a ton of damage attatched. They're both on short CDs too. They also have Paralysis which is also on a short cooldown. If they decide to opt out of the 2nd AoE stun - they have other various CC options. Frost mages are Frost mages, if you've pvped before you know what to expect. Outlaw rogues have a 20 second CD stun as their primary damage ability, along with the usual tricks - sap, gouge, blind.

Tanking monsters:
    Affliction Lock
    Prot Warrior

If you've seen either of these classes in PVP - you have some idea of what to expect. They only get tankier at 110. Affliction locks snag an immunity to interrupts/silences in the pvp tree. With tons of shields, interrupt immunity, and various healing abilities...these guys are going to get on your nerves - I guarantee it. Prot Warriors simply mitigate 90% of damage taken once under a certain health threshold. The shield reaches absolutely ridiculous numbers - I was fighting 1v1 in Arena and he reached 37 million health shield - you can basically just consider Prot Warriors to have 2 health bars.

AoE Damage AKA RBG must-haves:
    UH DK
    Afflic Lock
    Spriest

UH DK will top every bg you see them in at 110. I almost guarantee it. Afflic locks and Spriests will battle it out for #2. Dots actually deal damage now, making these specs frightening if left alone in BGs/RBGs to multi-dot the field. I haven't actually seen Balance Druids or tried 'em out, but I expect them to be up on this list as well.

Mobile Ranged:
    Fire Mage
    BM Hunter
    Ele Shaman (in BGs)

Not much to say here. Ranged classes with high mobility. Ele shammy might come as a surprise - but simply put, you just Flame Shock everything and instant cast Lava Burst forever and ever and ever...

Just my take on my limited(~15 hours) of testing in beta! Just because a class/spec isn't here doesn't make it bad, it's just they have less of a clear identity in my mind. EG: Feral Cat is very similar to assassination rogue - dot based stealth class with so-so mobility. Enh Shammy has very high random fluxuating DPS not tied to any significant CD - it's fully possible to just randomly lose huge chunks of health vs them or effectively completely ignore their paltry damage entirely. SPriests are probably one of the highest bursting classes I've seen without CDs, if that amounts to anything.

You can never go wrong with warlock. Also have you seem some of their pvp talents...

no one mentioned arcane mage?

double blink + reverse blink

Last edited by Kovan; 2016-07-21 at 09:31 AM.

Nicely articulated by Yoshimiko!

I like what I've read about Sub in this thread. It was emerging as my favorite for Legion main, despite the numbers being low at times. Their mobility is superb, and I think something can be said for their self-healing, with certain talents.

I've spent most of my time on beta playing rogue, but I tried everything besides mage/lock. As rogue, frost/fire mages were tough to deal with at times because of their mobility and slows/roots. I enjoy where all 3 rogue specs are right now, each spec has its nuances to play effectively against almost every class. Disc priests were tough to kill, too.

Any word on which healing specs are performing well?

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    Any word on which healing specs are performing well?
    Currently in prepatch, Disc (Likely wont stay for 110) and resto are doing really good. Have not tried holy paladin, but they seem really hard to kill, albeit did hear healing is on the low side. Monks seems bad.

I tried resto for a bg in beta at 110. And it was pretty strong, don't know about current.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I like the sound of that #beimmortal #beannoying
    Nothing beats a rogue in the #beannoying department when he decides to just stealth around and sap people midfield for the whole game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'm hoping for a RPS system with the classes, kinda like what we had in TBC.

For Example Frost Mage>Arms Warrior >Sub Rogue> Frost Mage.

That way your class/spec will be strong over some combinations while weaker to others. The whole "One Spec > Mostly Everything" Is pretty unbalanced.
    RPS system is bad for mmos. It would mean that you can't play Arms at all if mages were popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but since everyone and their brother roll Blood Death Knights or Feral Druids where the self healing was retarded couldn't play an arms warrior as well.

You would also have to consider other teammates in the RPS system.

But then again 7.0 is out and I'm hoping some of the problematic pvp issues have been address.