Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Aquaman was fantastic and I have been super critical of DC movies.

Aquaman looks terrible to me but then again I grew up with the clean cut version and I'm 100% disinterested in seeing him turned into some edgelord badass. There's tons of characters like that, would be nice to do it differently and make a clean cut hero movie once in a while.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Aquaman looks terrible to me but then again I grew up with the clean cut version and I'm 100% disinterested in seeing him turned into some edgelord badass. There's tons of characters like that, would be nice to do it differently and make a clean cut hero movie once in a while.
    no one was interested in the gay version wearing green pants and riding dolphins

Aquaman was always the "outside the group" member of the justice league, pointing out their bullshit because his main focus is Atlantis.

Hes an outsider.

Jason momoa is a perfect fit for the character

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    no one was interested in the gay version wearing green pants and riding dolphins
    You realize that is the Superfriends version, NOT remotely close to how Aquaman is, right? And that clean cut Aquaman with green pants has traded blows with Superman, Darkseid, and Wonder Woman, right? Aquaman has been a badass for ages, no matter what his hairstyle or attire was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't enjoy it, maybe I just am too familiar with the comics?
    dick grayson is my favorite character and aside from upping the violence i thought it was a pretty damn accurate modern retelling of his and bruces fallout.

some of the retcons are a bit weird and im hoping beast boy learns how to turn into something other than just a tiger but they got the spirit of most of the characters pretty well imo and thats most important.

also the episode that showed hawk and doves origin really hit close to home for me because i dealt with a similar situation and i felt like it was one of the most accurate onscreen portrayal of how that type of trauma affects someone

- - - Updated - - -

i also loved how they made it clear why someone like robin/nightwing is on the team and can compete with people like the other titans and wonder girl.

he may not have powers but because of bruce and his training he's a leader he may not punch as hard as wonder girl can but the punches he does give out are calculated and pinpointed and because of him the whole team works better because theyre more coordinated.

the choreography for all of his fight scenes was on point at all times. reminded me alot of some of captain americas scenes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Red Letter Media destroys Aquaman in its latest episode of Half in the Bag

these guys are cynical assholes, not fun to watch
    Be feared, or be fuel

my favorite ones

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You realize that is the Superfriends version, NOT remotely close to how Aquaman is, right? And that clean cut Aquaman with green pants has traded blows with Superman, Darkseid, and Wonder Woman, right? Aquaman has been a badass for ages, no matter what his hairstyle or attire was.
    Im a fan of aquaman in the 90s animated series where he has a hook for a hand and is a badass rarely used.

Still a dude with blonde hair and green pants.

Its a hard look to pull off. Jason Momoa is doing fine and will be hard to replace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    these guys are cynical assholes, not fun to watch
    Holy christ, not only that but read the damn comments. Marvel fanboys are the worst of the worst.

Aquaman was always the "outside the group" member of the justice league, pointing out their bullshit because his main focus is Atlantis.

Hes an outsider.

Jason momoa is a perfect fit for the character
    He's awful for the character. Aquaman is NOT some biker edgelord badass. There's PLENTY of other characterisations that succeed like Charles Xavier, Beast, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Ant Man etc, etc. Watching Momoa in this is like watching Lobo trying to play Aquaman. Just doesn't work.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Enjoyed it so much it actually pissed me off. Makes me think about what could have been in the DCEU. Except for Flash, they have a great cast. Now, who knows what the future holds for Superman and Batman. Instead, we’re getting movies like Shazam and Birds of Prey that shouldn’t have come out until the DCEU& was truly established. It’s just a mess outside of a couple of films.

I have to wonder if Batman and Superman are just too damn iconic to ever fit into the movie medium.

He's awful for the character. Aquaman is NOT some biker edgelord badass. There's PLENTY of other characterisations that succeed like Charles Xavier, Beast, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Jean Grey, Ant Man etc, etc. Watching Momoa in this is like watching Lobo trying to play Aquaman. Just doesn't work.
    I disagree.

And hes smashing it as the character. Hes taken the character that was seen as a joke in hollywood like in shows like Entourage and has made a successful aquaman film into reality.

I seriously disliked Aquaman when it came to plot... Black Manta somehow taking atlantean tech and adapting it to his shit... unlikely.... Atlanteans trusting him with a brand new super powerful weapon.... unlikely especially when the King thinks that Atlanteans are so much better... why would he not give it to his atlanteans. Mira interrupting the fight to save his ass... showing he cowardly ran away...and then who knows how many atlanteans he killed during that war... and yet somehow people are ok with him being king. Ocean master Vs. Power of the Trident? Also... When Mira literally says we need to stop this fight as soon as possible because casualties are growing... and then takes a 5 minute kiss break... just shoot me now... Also seriously your telling me the Queen survived the trench without flares or fire... and that aquaman somehow doesnt mind killing the beings in the deep when he can literally talk to all sea life? I was literally expecting him to come to an agreement with them through his speaking stuff... also... how did the King find out about her having a son..... most likely... her other son told him and hence he killed his own mother indirectly which is cool but they could have done something about that.... and somehow the King wasnt executed on the spot for murdering a King of another tribe... and starting a war. He was put in prison and looks like he will live a long time huh.... cause he was just "misunderstood"....

On the other side... the visuals were stunning, the fight scenes were fun. I genuinely enjoyed Mira exploring the land was cute. Aquaman is also really hot too so that helped. Overall it wasnt horrible but the plot was so irritating by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to wonder if Batman and Superman are just too damn iconic to ever fit into the movie medium.
    Honestly, the problem is that where the hell does Batman fit into a battle of super powered beings and "gods" in a Justice League scenario? He got regulated to silly Batman from the serious one we got in the BvS movie (minus the whole "Martha!" PTSD we got). Superman should be no problem with these things. They just make him a little bitch for some reason.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Honestly, the problem is that where the hell does Batman fit into a battle of super powered beings and "gods" in a Justice League scenario? He got regulated to silly Batman from the serious one we got in the BvS movie (minus the whole "Martha!" PTSD we got). Superman should be no problem with these things. They just make him a little bitch for some reason.
    Easily.

Batman is the strategist. He knows everyones powers better than themselves and he helps them utilize the league better and make up the battle plans

Along with martian manhunter who has op Telepathy/communication skills which helps when members are cross planets/space

did you not see owlman. An evil version of Batman, dude was literally gonna end all life. Batman has skills.

Batman has skills.
    That is the main thing about Batman. Most Leaguers have superpowers that let them do things normal humans cannot, but beside his SOTA equipment he needs so many skills to have more ways of dealing with problems because he cannot rely on just his body/muscles to carry the day. Nearly every hero/villain with superstrength just tries to punch harder to solve problems, but Bats, Arrow and Lex Luthor can't do that so they must use their brains.

A good example would be from the old Batman/Superman: Apocalypse movie. Sure, Supes, WW and Big Barda could have beaten Darkseid in battle to get their way, but it was Bats who came up with a plan that required no fisticuffs with a god. And he succeeds.
    Last edited by segara82; 2018-12-30 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

I went in w/o expectations and I enjoyed it. DC trying some jokes, heh.
    It's not an exceptional movie, of course... but it's what DC needed after the dumpster fire that JL was.

Aquaman is NOT some biker edgelord badass.
    Then I guess it's a good thing he wasn't portrayed as such in the movie. I have a hard time believing you say this due to anything other than his appearance...because in the movie he's just a normal guy. He likes to fight (presumably because he's good at it), he likes to have fun, and he's completely out of his depth lolol when it comes to all that Atlantean crap. I don't see how his being a clean-shaven blonde guy would have changed any of that.

If DC had started their post-Nolan movies with stuff like this, they might have been accused of simply copying Marvel's formula, but at least they would have been making entertaining (if vapid and flawed) movies.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-12-31 at 09:30 AM.

DC animated knocked it out of the park with Constantine: city of demons.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?