Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can anyone recommend any comic focused YouTube channels other than Comicstorian which aren't right wing bullshit nonsense peddlers?
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Comics explained

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Can anyone recommend any comic focused YouTube channels other than Comicstorian which aren't right wing bullshit nonsense peddlers?
    Comics Explained
    ComicTropes
    Comic Drake
    Linkara - Atop the Forth Wall < My personal favourite.

Linkara has been around for like 12 years and I have stuck with him this whole time. He doesn't really do anything newly released its more a look back and critical analysis at bad comics and sometimes some good comics. Recently he's tried to separate himself from the whole 'angry critic' thing which I respect. But he's still pretty funny and insightful
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-02 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm checking them all out. I'm kinda getting back into comics after many, many years away so it's nice to have resources to catch up on things I missed and find out what's going on in the industry.

On a related note I finally read DCeased. What a fantastic, thrill-ride little six issue run of a book! At first I shied away from it 'cause I was thinking "eh, Marvel already did zombies really well" but this was different and great.

Completely by accident I also discovered Casually Comics on YouTube. She's only at about 37k subscribers so a smaller channel but I really like her style.

DC's Greatest Ships: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Are Fabulously In Love

So now it's official in the animated series, they need to bring Harley/Ivy to the books. The best thing about it is that it's not out of nowhere, this has been built up over the years in various media so none of that MRA whining about diversity

DC's Greatest Ships: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Are Fabulously In Love

So now it's official in the animated series, they need to bring Harley/Ivy to the books. The best thing about it is that it's not out of nowhere, this has been built up over the years in various media so none of that MRA whining about diversity
    harley and ivy have dated off and on in the books before
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I just hate it because of how this is going to turn out for Kiteman.

So, Warren Ellis's two-page origin of B-Rex has been pulled from the Dark Nights one-shot at Warren's request. Not sure how I really feel about all this. AFAIK all the women were of legal age so the only real issue is that an older man with power was using that power to seduce the women. And honestly that seems to happen all the time with both women and men. And his apology was pretty serious it seemed. I just dunno. At the very least, he's a bit of a creep towards women.

So, Warren Ellis's two-page origin of B-Rex has been pulled from the Dark Nights one-shot at Warren's request. Not sure how I really feel about all this. AFAIK all the women were of legal age so the only real issue is that an older man with power was using that power to seduce the women. And honestly that seems to happen all the time with both women and men. And his apology was pretty serious it seemed. I just dunno. At the very least, he's a bit of a creep towards women.
    Yeah, he was basically getting women to sleep with him cause he was a minor celebrity. Same as rockstars, actors, athletes, etc the world over, of both genders, for pretty much ever. From all the accusations I've seen, there was no threats, no force, no blackmail, he wasn't promising women jobs or to get them into the industry or anything like that, all women were of legal age...sounds to me like he's just a womanizer/player/man-whore/whatever who used minor fame to get into women's pants for one night stands, rather than charm or looks.

<Nothing to see here>
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-24 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So it looks like there is a rumoured line up for the X-Men MCU. Apparently there is a lot of brain storming going on. I cannot stress RUMOURED enough
    Wrong thread, you want the MCU thread.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wrong thread, you want the MCU thread.
    God dammit.... xD

So apparently Harley Quinn is heading to HBO Max, further signalling that DC Universe may not last much longer. Also it seems that there are no longer yearly subscriptions available for the service. I'm fine with the offerings of DCU folding into HBO Max and just subscribing to one larger service that provides more. Plus, this is great news for Harley Quinn which is a fantastic show.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#2867007528ee

I thought I read that Doom Patrol season 2 was HBOMax, but not positive. I know I saw that StarGirl is moving to CW entirely.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So apparently Harley Quinn is heading to HBO Max, further signalling that DC Universe may not last much longer.
    I suspect they’ll roll universe into a direct competition/clone with Marvel Unlimited and move the video portion to hbo max. The shows have all been solid, though not without fault. I wonder what it means for budget however.

First image of Steppenwolf from Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League coming to HBO Max next year.

Anyone else thinks it actually looks worse than Joss Whedon's version? Because I do. It looks more like a Mantid or something. Here is Whedon's version for comparison.

While not particularly a great design, it's much closer to the comic book.

Steppenwolf is still a humanoid. The issue with Zack Snyder still is that he doesn't know his source material, figuratively and literally. Whedon's Justice League sucked, yes, but that's because he was picking up the scraps of an already awful vision. Steppenwolf should have never been the villain, and therein lies the issue, but that's beyond the point. Bask in the awfulness of Zack Snyder's Steppenwolf, because it's a preview of things to come. You thought 2017's Justice League was bad? Just wait until you have to watch 4 hours of it uncut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You thought 2017's Justice League was bad? Just wait until you have to watch 4 hours of it uncut.
    I’ll only watch this so I can see what Whedon did to try to save this movie. I attribute any good character moments to him, and the majority of the schlock this was to Snyder. I’m open to being wrong, but I’d be surprised if i was.

Danny Trejo should have played Steppenwolf instead of a CGI abomination.

Speaking of Whedon, did he fall out of favor after the Ultron/JL one-two punch? Did I miss him getting cancelled or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’ll only watch this so I can see what Whedon did to try to save this movie. I attribute any good character moments to him, and the majority of the schlock this was to Snyder. I’m open to being wrong, but I’d be surprised if i was.

Danny Trejo should have played Steppenwolf instead of a CGI abomination.

Speaking of Whedon, did he fall out of favor after the Ultron/JL one-two punch? Did I miss him getting cancelled or something?
    Trejo should have only ever been cast as Lobo, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    There was that and he got caught in the metoo movement.

As someone that loves the Buffyverse it was really disappointing.