Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Pretty disappointing. The Joker seems alot more human in this incarnation, giving him an origin story detracts from the character for me and his plan ends in utter failure whilst also being pretty puerile and simple it's hard to imagine him as Batmans intellectual equal and nemesis. Much preferred The Dark Knight Returns over this. It's not bad by any means, it's just showing it's age I think because like Lost Zero points out, it's pretty tame by modern standards.
    In the comics its taken as the version Joker is telling at that time.

It's hard to find a review that reviews it, most are just about the feminist implications of having men in Batgirl's story. Which from what I read is a deviation from her character.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-07-25 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post

It's hard to find a review that reviews it, most are just about the feminist implications of having men in Batgirl's story. Which from what I read is a deviation from her character.
    its not about men being in batgirls story, its people mad that a story that already is pretty shit for her has now changed her backstory so that she becomes batgirl pretty much just to fuck batman, and then fucks batman and acts like a jilted lover because bruce stops talking to her after he fucks her
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not about men being in batgirls story, its people mad that a story that already is pretty shit for her has now changed her backstory so that she becomes batgirl pretty much just to fuck batman, and then fucks batman and acts like a jilted lover because bruce stops talking to her after he fucks her
    I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment which is why I said I read there was a deviation. It could just be that Bruce Timm is trying to relate it to his animated series and its continuity where Barbara was cheating on Dick and was pregnant with Bruce's child. From what I read I'm probably not going to like the change to her character though.

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment which is why I said I read there was a deviation. It could just be that Bruce Timm is trying to relate it to his animated series and its continuity where Barbara was cheating on Dick and was pregnant with Bruce's child. From what I read I'm probably not going to like the change to her character though.
    thats where i think the idea came from too. but in the animated series it was downplayed. in the movie theres a straight up sex scene and its her main motivation.

they said they were going to make the story better for her but honestly it just made it worse, now instead of just being crippled and possibly raped shes now crippled and possibly raped not because shes a hero and part of bruces family but because she wanted to fuck a guy.

her whole character in the movie revolves around fucking batman like shes cupid from arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

also it doesnt help that when someone asked about it at comicon they called the guy a pussy for complaining
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

also it doesnt help that when someone asked about it at comicon they called the guy a pussy for complaining
    I actually applaud them for that. He wasn't called a pussy for complaining he was called a pussy for running away after he said it. Like he thought it was twitter where he could get a quick jab in and run away.

I actually applaud them for that. He wasn't called a pussy for complaining he was called a pussy for running away after he said it. Like he thought it was twitter where he could get a quick jab in and run away.
    from what i heard he yelled it in the crowd

probably because warner brothers has a pit of lava ready to dunk him in if justice league isnt better and already replaced him as the guy in charge of the dccu :P
    Unfortunately they replaced him with Geoff Johns, whose editorial vision is a prime contributor in DC Comics' creative bankruptcy.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-07-25 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Unfortunately they replaced him with Geoff Johns, whose editorial vision is a prime contributor in DC Comics' creative bankruptcy.
    dc comics have gotten pretty good lately and johns is one of the main reasons the arrowverse exists which is great

- - - Updated - - -

kiersey clemons is iris west, which means just like the show wally west/kids fllash will likely be black in the teen titans movie

I hope they will merge the characters so it has the original's personality. Hes just a way better character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    You mean the guy that brought back the GL's to their former glory? Yeah what a shit guy...

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    You mean the guy that brought back the GL's to their former glory? Yeah what a shit guy...
    Yeah, Johns' GL is awful.

EDIT:

More than Johns' comics being bad - and they are - is Johns' event-centric, continuity-obsessed style for DC's overall vision has resulted in a company-wide disaster for the last decade, starting with the Johns-penned Infinite Crisis. Now not all of that is Johns' fault since he isn't EiC, but still.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-07-25 at 09:14 PM.

Who am I supposed to blame for the lack of a Batman TV series? Is that this Geoff Johns' fault?

Who am I supposed to blame for the lack of a Batman TV series? Is that this Geoff Johns' fault?
    theres a justice league show coming out later this year

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they will merge the characters so it has the original's personality. Hes just a way better character.
    the problem with that is that they will probably merge wally with barry just like the tv show.

Jeez can't do anything these days with woman characters. Such a twitter gold mine of trolling and hate. Don't really understand all the hate batman the killing joke is getting over batgirl.

Spoilers if you havent seen Batman the killing joke yet.

It didn't seem to me they made Batgirl out to be a "jilted lover". Yeah she was pissed Batman was ignoring her but she also said she just wanted things to go back to normal and fight crime with him, but the current criminal at the time had a thing for her and was making it personal and Batman didnt want her to get involved and possibly hurt from possibly making a mistake over the personal interest. It seemed to me more like an attempt to make it a more well rounded movie with the love interest and sex scene. Get those gritty adult themed points in a cartoon. I can kind of understand they are annoyed her story didnt really go anywhere but hey, it was pretty sad what happens to her and Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Jeez can't do anything these days with woman characters. Such a twitter gold mine of trolling and hate. Don't really understand all the hate batman the killing joke is getting over batgirl.

It didn't seem to me they made Batgirl out to be a "jilted lover". Yeah she was pissed Batman was ignoring her but she also said she just wanted things to go back to normal and fight crime with him, but the current criminal at the time had a thing for her and was making it personal and Batman didnt want her to get involved and possibly hurt from possibly making a mistake over the personal interest. It seemed to me more like an attempt to make it a more well rounded movie with the love interest and sex scene. Get those gritty adult themed points in a cartoon. I can kind of understand they are annoyed her story didnt really go anywhere but hey, it was pretty sad what happens to her and Gordon.
    yes you can do things with women characters, but, when you take a previously established character and make her arc almost completely about fucking a guy and say its supposed to make it better it just makes things worse.

the fans wanted to see babs be a badarse not fawn over her super dad and fuck him.

you dont see the mistake in making a story that for alot of people already had weird sexual connotations and making it even more about sex?

how does making babs wanna fuck batman improve her character or her arc in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

To be honest I think its why you don't see as many female leads. It's just too much risk of having to deal with the backlash from someone being offended.

To be honest I think its why you don't see as many female leads. It's just too much risk of having to deal with the backlash from someone being offended.
    we dont see female leads because studios dont think female led movies make money.

nobody cares about backlash, they care about money.

how does making babs wanna fuck batman improve her character or her arc in anyway?
    I dont think it does improve her character arc, I said it felt like a bit of a gimmick to get "adult themes" brownie points. They could have done better for sure. The people complaining about this kind of stuff though I imagine them as fat woman foaming at the mouth that once again woman characters are being objectified.

- - - Updated - - -

we dont see female leads because studios dont think female led movies make money.

nobody cares about backlash, they care about money.
    And yeah I pretty much agree, money earned is all that matters. Sometimes negative publicly helps that.

I could be fine with that, but who's he telling the story to if this is the case?

Not having read the source material it's interesting to hear that the Batgirl section has been altered radically. FWIW I thought the first half was fine, it was the Joker I found disappointing, not Batgirl.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...this new development of her wanting to seduce and screw Batman is just...gross. Like...the definition of everything wrong with DC comics. It's disgusting. They took something they could have redeemed and looked amazing and made it terrible. Fuck you DC. You ruin everything.
    BAD WOLF