Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully DC will keep handing Gunn money. Didn’t expect to be looking forward to peacemaker each week more than Boba Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I'm just going to say it. I think Peacemaker is a very entertaining show so far, with a great cast. Cena is indeed underrated. He's a fun dude to watch.
    Cena and Bautista actually feel like credible actors as opposed to another wrestler who will be soon joining the DC and shaking up the DC hierarchy whatever that means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Series has been wonderfully cheerfully demented so far. Give Gunn all the moneys please, DC and HBO Max.

I'm impressed by how well Eagley is rendered.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

They should have dumped it all at once! I need to watch this all in one go. A week is too long a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m enjoying having to wait. I just wish more friends were watching so I could discuss with them. The last episode is supposed to be kinda crazy so I’m eagerly looking forward to that. Gunn actually fought to make sure it was the one episode nobody got to see early due to spoiler potential.
    It's so good. Although I am a mark for Gorillas in comics and as soon as it was revealed I hoped it was Grodd or Mallah. It was delightful!

I hope Detective Chimp shows up at some point.

Also, Robert Patrick is just wonderful. When he talks with the Asian detective- gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Peacemaker continues to be the best shit going right now. 2 episodes left.
    Agreed. Has been outstanding. Will be interesting to see the resolution of it.

One minor criticism is how dull the colour grade is. Could be more vibrant to match the colourful outfits and production design.

Peacemaker is easily going to go down in my top superhero shows if they stick the landing, and I have faith Gunn will pull it off. I wonder who they’ll give him next.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I wonder who they’ll give him next.
    It's more like "I wonder who he'll choose next."
    They asked him to pick anyone from SS and he chose Peacemaker. And I believe that's currently the same choice. I guess they want him to keep going.

I love the way they continue to raise the ante each episode of Peacemaker. The writing and acting is so good. The end of credit scenes in particular are such a treat.

Murn and Leota are delightful. The whole conversation about alien pussy was hysterical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whew, nice save, Peacemaker... I was about to riot.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2022-02-12 at 01:26 AM.

Peacemaker

Amazing series, it felt a bit too much for me the first couple of episodes, i dont know if it grew on me or got better but the only show i can recently remember where i am waking up and looking forward to watching it on the day it came out. Maybe early GoT and mid expanse.

A bit predictable but that couldnt be helped and as soon as they mentioned the bit i predicted i just kinda smiled and then laughed when it happened

im struggling not to give it a ten

The cameos at the end of Peacemaker were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's more like "I wonder who he'll choose next."
    They asked him to pick anyone from SS and he chose Peacemaker. And I believe that's currently the same choice. I guess they want him to keep going.
    I really wonder how well The Sucide Squad would have done if it was not cross streaming on HBO Max? Feels like Gunn pretty much owns the DCEU now and effectively has a blank check for any project he wants,

10+ Year Old Account
    Satisfying end to a surprisingly fun season.

Sad to see Annie Chang and Lochlyn Munro's characters dead. I enjoyed her hard-boiled detective and his goofy sidekick.

Not seeing Wonder Woman and Superman clearly was funnier than The Flash and Aquaman joking about fucking fish.

What a great finale to the season. So entertaining.

Just finished Peacemaker. Its not just great but even greatly exceeded its source material. Back when I saw SS1 I never, ever expected to end up here.

Although I still kinda wish they didn't sacrifice Amanda Waller's character to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Just finished Peacemaker. Its not just great but even greatly exceeded its source material. Back when I saw SS1 I never, ever expected to end up here.

Although I still kinda wish they didn't sacrifice Amanda Waller's character to get here.
    Waller is amoral and ruthless,she will do whatever to whoever to get the job done,your kid,her kid,she doesn't care,she will cheerfully burn a children's hospital to the ground in order to win.

What I think I liked most about this (and Doom Patrol, which I was just recently getting caught up on) is their willingness to just...do stupid superhero stuff. Its very nice that we seem to finally be past the point where we need to see the origin story for every jackass in a costume that shows up in these settings where jackasses in costumes have been around for decades. And of course I recognize the irony of saying that, when the Peacemaker series was basically an origin story for that character. But you get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

Totally agree on the first part. I had minimal expectations and this has been a watch it as soon as I can show each week. Although a different type of superhero show I don’t mind ranking it up with DD as just a well done facet of the genre.

The second part I feel was the problem in gunn’s movie too: Waller uses the squad as pawns, and sacrifices them as need be. I don’t ever recall her just wiping them out for frankly spite. You don’t throw away a potential tool and I thought how she used team A was very anti-Waller like, from the Waller I recall from Ostrander’s run on the book, though I admit it’s been awhile since I read it.

However, how about the anti-Batman like behavior? The fake journal came in a “Wayne Foundation” bag. To me implying Batman’s involvement. I do feel the journal was a dumb and weak plot point, and would love to see that angle explorer instead of ignored. Batman would help to wrongfully incriminate a man? Or someone in his organization is helping Waller? They should be at odds and that chess game would be fun to watch play out over multiple shows and
    Movies.

Show is an easy 9/10. Will likely rewatch next time I’ve got a free afternoon and see if it holds up on the rewatch. I don’t know much of Cena as an actor but I hope to see more of him all around, he really impressed me in this show.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is no peacemaker thread? I waited for final episode to come out before binging whole season...

and I feel bad for the alien kaiju moo cow, it was an innocent defenseless creature that wasn't hurting anyone, they could have saved it, deprived the butterflies access to it, there was no need to murder that poor innocent chubbeh baby...it was not evil in any way, nothing like that darn starfish.. when the cow was being zapped by the malfunctioning teleporter-machine, i felt so bad for the creature...sad nobody in the show felt any empathy for the creature whatsoever...fuckers..

Eagley was the best thing since aligator loki, not as good, but pretty good
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-02-20 at 03:05 AM.