Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thought their recent small screen stuff has been bad. Even with the legendary Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill still doing the voice work and using the best stories like the killing joke, they still cant get it right. Batman and harley quinn was awful also
    I've enjoyed all their animated stuff. Batman and Harley Quinn was a bit too silly for my tastes but Killing Joke was fantastic minus the opening batgirl arc. The problem with Killing Joke is that its too short of a story for a full film, it still killed it in the box office for its budget and limited release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I've enjoyed all their animated stuff. Batman and Harley Quinn was a bit too silly for my tastes but Killing Joke was fantastic minus the opening batgirl arc. The problem with Killing Joke is that its too short of a story for a full film, it still killed it in the box office for its budget and limited release.
    Killing Joke story is pretty small, but they could have stretched it out better with barbara as oracle to make her tragedy more compelling. Instead they go a weird route with batgirl sleeping with batman and flirting with a douchey criminal leader for half the feature. Seemed like Bruce Timm has become the fan fic he reads online

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Thanks to this thread I'm totally hooked on listening to this guy's stuff. Which is both great and not great lol.

He really could learn to be a bit less verbose, but he generally makes great points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Thanks to this thread I'm totally hooked on listening to this guy's stuff. Which is both great and not great lol.

He really could learn to be a bit less verbose, but he generally makes great points.
    I like him but every time he speaks I keep hearing Joe Pesci :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it doesnt really matter who they pick. the fact that dc has changed who is helming their cinematic universe 3 times and were only 5 movies in shows they have no fucking idea what theyre doing.

hes talented, but the fact that they had to change people at all is troubling, especially when the only successful dc movie was also the only one that had johns influence.

if this means we get johns being more involved in the arrowverse like he was before taking over for the film division though im all for it i care more about that then these movies
    It's sort of crazy, since part of the problem with Suicide Squad and Justice League also stems from the mishmash of reshoots as they changed folks midpath. SO now they're changing folks again, before they really even gave the current guys a good shake at a complete movie, IMO.

The other problem of course is that they want to jump right to mega-films, rather than make some nice small stories. I don't care that Justice League assembled the league without individual stories, I find that pointless complaining from the same people that complain if you give Batman/Superman another origin. But the idea that you go from 0 to world ending it sort of silly. I like the idea of a shared world, group ups make sense rather than ignoring/ isolating and pretending there's no other supers in the world for independent movies, but having them all show up for a world invasion before most of them have met, meh. Batman could have looked up/ recruited Flash and/or Cyborg totally separate from fighting parademons.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Last edited by t1saif; 2018-07-21 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my god SHAZAM looks amazing, finally DC is not taking themselves so seriously

Aquaman is still very meh' although those underwater battles look cool

Two DC movies I am actually pumped for... That hasnt even happened yet lol. Even Wonder Woman (as good as it was ) I didn't go in pumped, I went in afraid they would fuck it up, these two though actually have me nodding my head with approval.

Hopefully DC turning things around
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-21 at 07:35 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Shazam looks fun! They got the tone just right imo. And there's also a Batarang in the new style in it, so I am guessing the movies are in the same universe?

And SWEET BABY JESUS does Aquaman look good!!!
    These are the most promising DC movie trailer I've seen! Actually hyped for Aquaman!
    Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2018-07-21 at 07:38 PM.

All I hope is that they give Patrick Wilson some good stuff to work with as the villain

Hes a great actor whos never given a fair crack of the whip

Aquaman looks like another DC movie with way too much CGI, so much that it's just fake and uninteresting.

Shazam actually looks like it could be good. I liked Zachary Levi in Chuck and he seems right for this role, except the costume seems a little too big(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Shazam looks fun! They got the tone just right imo. And there's also a Batarang in the new style in it, so I am guessing the movies are in the same universe?

And SWEET BABY JESUS does Aquaman look good!!!
    These are the most promising DC movie trailer I've seen! Actually hyped for Aquaman!
    I'm about the same as with Wonder Woman, it looks good, hopefully it IS good. I never really got that vibe from something like Suicide Squad, so cautious optimism is the word of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Aquaman looks like another DC movie with way too much CGI, so much that it's just fake and uninteresting.

Shazam actually looks like it could be good. I liked Zachary Levi in Chuck and he seems right for this role, except the costume seems a little too big(?).
    It's still a ways off, so I think they said something about tweaking the suit some. It looks a bit "early", but then it IS an artificial magic construct, so not a big deal maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not feeling Aquaman. Looks like its Black Panther and Thor:Ragnarok with a heavy filter that will get annoying 20 min into the movie. The DCU movies look good...in small doses. I loved Wonder Woman but it also had some weird cinematography going on, maybe its just me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm not feeling Aquaman. Looks like its Black Panther and Thor:Ragnarok with a heavy filter that will get annoying 20 min into the movie. The DCU movies look good...in small doses. I loved Wonder Woman but it also had some weird cinematography going on, maybe its just me.
    My theory is that all Marvel and DC movies are unlit and such to prevent good camera-bootleg videos...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Damn. Aquaman looks epic, Shazam looks hilarous and apparently Wonder Woman was very well received as well.

Could DCs fate be turning around?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well... Damn. Aquaman looks epic, Shazam looks hilarous and apparently Wonder Woman was very well received as well.

depends on whether or not the movies make enough money to leave people in charge.

if they get another justice league level flop theyre gonna keep playing musical chairs until they give up.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

I wouldnt say that.

Aquaman doesnt look that original. "You will unite both worlds" has been done to death and whats the general theme of the movie? Can you even tell? Fighting for your throne from your brother. It could be ok but its nothing ground breaking.

Shazam has potential to be a surprise hit but it does look kinda low budget.

They still are not hitting the right story notes for me. I think its a better move they focus on some of the other characters though and give batman a bit of a break.

I still want a proper superman movie though where the director understands the character and we finally get to see him fully unleash to protect his loved ones and they get really creative with his power use and make it look awesome with high level cgi

wheres the martian at. Hes one of the best characters with story points that havent been seen on the big scene yet

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I still want a proper superman movie though where the director understands the character and we finally get to see him fully unleash to protect his loved ones and they get really creative with his power use and make it look awesome with high level cgi
    I don't like Cavill as Superman, I guess they're talking about a Sup3 with him, but he just feels all wrong to me. Part of it may be direction, granted, but bleh.

wheres the martian at. Hes one of the best characters with story points that havent been seen on the big scene yet
    They are all over the place with characters, so who knows what the future holds. I think they're looking for "different" stories to tell right now, but next weeks executives might change everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't like Cavill as Superman, I guess they're talking about a Sup3 with him, but he just feels all wrong to me. Part of it may be direction, granted, but bleh.

They are all over the place with characters, so who knows what the future holds. I think they're looking for "different" stories to tell right now, but next weeks executives might change everything.
    I havent decided yet if hes a good actor or not. Some times hes pretty weak but I need to see more of his acting, most of the subject material with superman has been lame, over stuffy and pretentious.

Even when you have him getting mad and starting to lose control you have Jesse Eisenberg opposite him saying "martha, martha, martha!" "WHERE IS SHE"

then half the movie is superman moping around with voice overs and montages of late night hosts and news reporters asking obnoxious questions like "We've been so busy asking what superman can do, we didnt ask if he should"

"Must there be a superman?"

Like efgh fuck off and have him fly through the planet in under 1sec over shotting it and heading into deep space or something please! Hes one the strongest superheroes around and they never do anything interesting with him.

And when he does finally fight hes blowing up half the city like a matrix film or something instead of finding a safer place where he can finally unleash and not "Live in a world of cardboard" because most of the time he is worried about hurting people so always holds back
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-07-21 at 09:47 PM.

The only Shazam incarnation I am familiar with is the one in the Justice League animated movie where they fight Darkseid, where he's voiced by Sean Astin. I think that movie looks like a lot of fun. Curious to see more of it.

Aquaman looks a little generic, but the underwater theatre is so far completly unexplored, and Jason Momoa is so epic as the titular character he alone might be the saving grace of the movie.