Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    James Gunn's The Suicide Squad (after The Batman... tons of imagination here lol) filming is over

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...39084909453312

There are a few pictures here and there but nothing game-changing though - at least Idris Elba seems to be having fun

I mean I guess. Cross overs are popular. Personally im not a fan of them. I prefer the stories with 2 or 3 main characters so its more focused rather than 50 dudes/ladies getting 2mins of screen time each to show off a cool move or throw out a whippy one-liner snap.

Plus I think there are more interesting "what if's" for superman like evil superman, and even communist Russian superman is more interesting than "superman beats up dude" because he can already do that better than anyone.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-05-27 at 08:18 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    I mean I guess. Cross overs are popular. Personally im not a fan of them. I prefer the stories with 2 or 3 main characters so its more focused rather than 50 dudes/ladies getting 2mins of screen time each to show off a cool move or throw out a whippy one-liner snap.

Plus I think their are more interesting "what if's" for superman like evil superman, and even communist Russian superman is more interesting than "superman beats up dude" because he can already do that better than anyone.
    If you have to get one crossover between Marvel and DC I would advice the JLA/Avengers crossover event from 2004. IT was amazing.

I expect nothing less from the team of Kurt Busiek and George Pérez., legends!

They managed to fit so much into this series, and Pérez even busted up the wrist drawing all that fantastic art.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-05-26 at 09:32 PM.

Word is that Henry Cavill will be back as Superman, in a standalone movie, with JJ Abrams maybe producing or directing or both. I didn't like Man of Steel much, but I do like the Witcher as Supes.

That's good news. I thought Cavill was a good choice for the role to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Word is that Henry Cavill will be back as Superman, in a standalone movie, with JJ Abrams maybe producing or directing or both. I didn't like Man of Steel much, but I do like the Witcher as Supes.
    I think it would honestly be nice if DC or Disney to not use Abrams or Snyder for fucking once with their movies. Just stop. Try someone new.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Jon Favreau wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Jon Favreau wouldn't be bad.
    Busy working with the competition over at Disney with Mandolorian.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Might be the first time I watch a DC movie since Man of Steel.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Comics explained

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Can anyone recommend any comic focused YouTube channels other than Comicstorian which aren't right wing bullshit nonsense peddlers?
    Comics Explained
    ComicTropes
    Comic Drake
    Linkara - Atop the Forth Wall < My personal favourite.

Linkara has been around for like 12 years and I have stuck with him this whole time. He doesn't really do anything newly released its more a look back and critical analysis at bad comics and sometimes some good comics. Recently he's tried to separate himself from the whole 'angry critic' thing which I respect. But he's still pretty funny and insightful
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-02 at 11:49 AM.

DC's Greatest Ships: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy Are Fabulously In Love

So now it's official in the animated series, they need to bring Harley/Ivy to the books. The best thing about it is that it's not out of nowhere, this has been built up over the years in various media so none of that MRA whining about diversity
    harley and ivy have dated off and on in the books before
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I just hate it because of how this is going to turn out for Kiteman.

So, Warren Ellis's two-page origin of B-Rex has been pulled from the Dark Nights one-shot at Warren's request. Not sure how I really feel about all this. AFAIK all the women were of legal age so the only real issue is that an older man with power was using that power to seduce the women. And honestly that seems to happen all the time with both women and men. And his apology was pretty serious it seemed. I just dunno. At the very least, he's a bit of a creep towards women.
    Yeah, he was basically getting women to sleep with him cause he was a minor celebrity. Same as rockstars, actors, athletes, etc the world over, of both genders, for pretty much ever. From all the accusations I've seen, there was no threats, no force, no blackmail, he wasn't promising women jobs or to get them into the industry or anything like that, all women were of legal age...sounds to me like he's just a womanizer/player/man-whore/whatever who used minor fame to get into women's pants for one night stands, rather than charm or looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Nothing to see here>
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-24 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So it looks like there is a rumoured line up for the X-Men MCU. Apparently there is a lot of brain storming going on. I cannot stress RUMOURED enough
    Wrong thread, you want the MCU thread.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wrong thread, you want the MCU thread.
    God dammit.... xD

I thought I read that Doom Patrol season 2 was HBOMax, but not positive. I know I saw that StarGirl is moving to CW entirely.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So apparently Harley Quinn is heading to HBO Max, further signalling that DC Universe may not last much longer.
    I suspect they’ll roll universe into a direct competition/clone with Marvel Unlimited and move the video portion to hbo max. The shows have all been solid, though not without fault. I wonder what it means for budget however.

First image of Steppenwolf from Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League coming to HBO Max next year.

Anyone else thinks it actually looks worse than Joss Whedon's version? Because I do. It looks more like a Mantid or something. Here is Whedon's version for comparison.

While not particularly a great design, it's much closer to the comic book.

Steppenwolf is still a humanoid. The issue with Zack Snyder still is that he doesn't know his source material, figuratively and literally. Whedon's Justice League sucked, yes, but that's because he was picking up the scraps of an already awful vision. Steppenwolf should have never been the villain, and therein lies the issue, but that's beyond the point. Bask in the awfulness of Zack Snyder's Steppenwolf, because it's a preview of things to come. You thought 2017's Justice League was bad? Just wait until you have to watch 4 hours of it uncut.