Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Munson85 View Post
    Who gives a shit if Batman kills people
    Batman doesn't kill people.

Gravity, impacts, explosions, fires, car accidents, and general reckless disregard CAUSED by Batman kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Wake up with hell on earth and people in the groups discussing that DCEU is officially dead.

Removing Superman and batman for batgirl, supergirl and Shazan, erasing snyder movies, No more Henry or Affleck, as Keving Feige laugh at the distance
    While I'd like to see more DCEU movies, Snyderverse being erased is good news.

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin "Laughs" that now he can get Cavill a marvel hero and do him justice, he deserves better
    I think he has expressed interest in playing Captain Britain, but I'd much rather see him as the Supreme Power run of Hyperion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I’ve seen that « leak » or prediction too. If true… yeah DCEU is dead.

WB ego is so huge they aren’t willing to work on Snyder’s JL success, and they prefer erasing all in favor of characters nobody gives a shit about. I can’t see them succeeding that way.

Guess we’ll see what The Flash looks like before judging though
    More like Snyder fans' ego is so huge they can't admit they enjoy something subpar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Batman doesn't kill people.

Gravity, impacts, explosions, fires, car accidents, and general reckless disregard CAUSED by Batman kill people.
    That's like saying Batman kills people but with extra steps. If I shoot at somebody with a gun, I don't get to walk by saying "I don't kill people, the bullets I fired kill people."
    Last edited by Clone; 2022-01-03 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's like saying Batman kills people but with extra steps.
    Well look at that, someone's discovering the true meaning of sarcasm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well look at that, someone's discovering the true meaning of sarcasm!
    Oh shit man, my bad.

Batman doesn't kill people. Gravity, impacts, explosions, fires, car accidents, and general reckless disregard CAUSED by Batman kill people.
    That works for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    He blew up a truck with people inside... but he wasn't aiming to kill anyone? Blows up a flamethrower without intending on killing the guy wielding it?

Be serious.

At the very least that's depraved-heart murder
    Like i said, he didn't aim to kill then, he use brutal force, but if they die, he didn't care.

If you're going to say something like he was forced out... I would expect you to remember why.

And think about it logically... if they forced him out in the first place...why would they invite him back to do the Flash?
    Like i said i don't rly remember the news, i just remember there was troubles with him and warner(?), and since the movie didn't went well they cut him off.

Of course, could be wrong, or the news being wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    While I'd like to see more DCEU movies, Snyderverse being erased is good news.
    i think the snyder cut was very enjoyable, all things considered, would not mind going from there.

Plus, want the green lantern of John stewart so bad.
    I think he has expressed interest in playing Captain Britain, but I'd much rather see him as the Supreme Power run of Hyperion.
    I hope is someone who can stay for plenty of movies, an avenger, but i don't know who he can play

Like i said, he didn't aim to kill then, he use brutal force, but if they die, he didn't care.
    You're just being ridiculous. You can't blow up someone's car with them inside it and then be like "Well, I wasn't actually trying to kill them".

You know what, this is pointless. I'm going to just be the bigger person and walk away from your nonsense.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-04 at 06:08 AM.

You're just being ridiculous. You can't blow up someone's car with them inside it and then be like "Well, I wasn't actually trying to kill them".

You know what, this is pointless. I'm going to just be the bigger person and walk away from your nonsense.
    You clearly didn't understand him. He blew up that guy's flamethrower to give him severe burns. /s
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You clearly didn't understand him. He blew up that guy's flamethrower to give him severe burns. /s
    He's just sleeping. Poor little guy is all tuckered out.

7+ Year Old Account
    if he did aimed for that, why not walk around with a gun shooting people it would make his job way easy? and you know, many people he could have killed and didn't, marked and nd let it the cops get it.

now that would be a first

now that would be a first
    Maybe it's something you could learn from...

- - - Updated - - -

if he did aimed for that, why not walk around with a gun shooting people it would make his job way easy? and you know, many people he could have killed and didn't, marked and nd let it the cops get it.
    Considering he's actually using guns...that isn't a compelling argument...but whatever. You think that someone that explodes other human beings isn't actively trying to kill them. Cool story. Let's move on.

Daredevil doesn't kill either, but there's gotta be a few in that stairwell fight sequence in season 2 that won't be waking up.

Considering he's actually using guns...that isn't a compelling argument...but whatever. You think that someone that explodes other human beings isn't actively trying to kill them. Cool story. Let's move on.
    Really I think the point is that comic book movies in general (plenty of exceptions) don't just gun people down and kill people. They do however, ignore all the deaths that MUST happen in most of their fights. Affleck/ Snyder batman did some things that must have ended in death, but Nolan batman also just drove through the city blowing stuff up and firing randomly at things that blocked his way. Certainly Keaton tossing someone off a tower is not a healthy life experience.

It's like the "peak human" thing, comic book humans aren't real humans. They can be punched through walls and get back up without bruises.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Really I think the point is that comic book movies in general (plenty of exceptions) don't just gun people down and kill people. They do however, ignore all the deaths that MUST happen in most of their fights. Affleck/ Snyder batman did some things that must have ended in death, but Nolan batman also just drove through the city blowing stuff up and firing randomly at things that blocked his way. Certainly Keaton tossing someone off a tower is not a healthy life experience.
    The difference between Bale and Afflecks Batman is, for the most part, They never show Bale's Batman Actually Killing people. Yes, one can assume that there would have been collateral deaths in some of the things he does... but he doesn't engage enemies with a clear intent of murdering them. Affleck's does.

The exception would be Ras Al ghul...which would fall into your, "He didn't care if they lived or died" caveat. He doesn't actually murder Ras.... but he does set up the situation that results in his death and was fully aware of that. But, like I said earlier, that would still classify as "depraved-heart murder".

And I've never stated that Bale's Batman was comics accurate either. He's far too grounded in "realism". He's a good fighter...but he hasn't mastered every fighting style in the world. He's got his gadgets....but he's not the super-genius designing and building them... he's got Lucius for that.

Now, can we just move on? If you still don't believe that Afflecks Batman actively murdered people... there's nothing more I can say to convince you. And you're never going to convince me that someone that makes the decision to explode another human being wasn't intending for that person to die.

It's like the "peak human" thing, comic book humans aren't real humans. They can be punched through walls and get back up without bruises.
    Which is what we were trying to explain to you in the other thread.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-04 at 10:12 PM.

The difference between Bale and Afflecks Batman is, for the most part, They never show Bale's Batman Actually Killing people. Yes, one can assume that there would have been collateral deaths in some of the things he does... but he doesn't engage enemies with a clear intent of murdering them. Affleck's does.

The exception would be Ras Al ghul...which would fall into your, "He didn't care if they lived or died" caveat. He doesn't actually murder Ras.... but he does set up the situation that results in his death and was fully aware of that. But, like I said earlier, that would still classify as "depraved-heart murder".

And I've never stated that Bale's Batman was comics accurate either. He's far too grounded in "realism". He's a good fighter...but he hasn't mastered every fighting style in the world. He's got his gadgets....but he's not the super-genius designing and building them... he's got Lucius for that.

Now, can we just move on? If you still don't believe that Afflecks Batman actively murdered people... there's nothing more I can say to convince you. And you're never going to convince me that someone that makes the decision to explode another human being wasn't intending for that person to die.

Which is what we were trying to explain to you in the other thread.
    I mean, you are replying to me, but think you're replying to someone else...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's something you could learn from...
    but here you are back at it again

yeah, rule of cool, big explosion, cool effects overide that.

now if you ahve batman with a shotgun blasting off people in sight instead of punching then senseless, then we can argue.

Nevertheless, still prefer him as Batman for a justice league

yeah, rule of cool, big explosion, cool effects overide that.

now if you ahve batman with a shotgun blasting off people in sight instead of punching then senseless, then we can argue.
    I've got quite a bit more than that.

Again, watch the video.

He's using vechicle mounted machine guns to kill people.

Just let it go... Affleck's Batman intended to murder those people. To pretend otherwise is just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I mean, you are replying to me, but think you're replying to someone else...
    Sorry, right you are....it's the other "S" name that I was refering to.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-04 at 11:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've got quite a bit more than that.

Again, watch the video.

He's using vechicle mounted machine guns to kill people.

Just let it go... Affleck's Batman intended to murder those people. To pretend otherwise is just silly. .
    "just let ti go"

like i said, you do you, he could have killed much more if he aimed for that, that is also, totally a sideway point, that 1) i don't care 2) have nothing to do if he would be a good batman for a justice league or not.

"just let ti go"

like i said, you do you, he could have killed much more if he aimed for that, that is also, totally a sideway point, that 1) i don't care 2) have nothing to do if he would be a good batman for a justice league or not.
    Ok, so let's move on. You think a man that makes a decision to blow other human beings up wasn't trying to kill them. Fine. I'm no longer interested in convincing you otherwise.

"He could have killed waaaay more people if he tried to...therefore he didn't try to kill anyone"

Ok. I'm done now. Let's move on.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-05 at 04:44 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Daredevil doesn't kill either, but there's gotta be a few in that stairwell fight sequence in season 2 that won't be waking up.
    This is actually a thing in the current daredevil run what happens when daredevil hits some one and they hit there head and die, amazing story.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.