Aide said clinton didn't want emails accessible to 'anybody'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin said in a legal proceeding that Clinton did not want the State Department emails that she sent and received on her private computer server to be accessible to "anybody," according to transcripts released Wednesday. Her comments provided new insights into the highly unusual decision by the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate to operate a private email server in her basement to conduct government business as secretary of state.

Abedin also said under oath that she was not aware whether Clinton personally deleted any emails during her tenure as secretary.

Abedin told lawyers for the conservative group Judicial Watch in a deposition Monday that she could not recall whether she or Clinton discussed with any State Department officials Clinton's use of her server exclusively for government business. Abedin was Clinton's deputy chief of staff at the State Department, now works with Clinton's president campaign and often travels with the candidate. Abedin used an email account on Clinton's server occasionally for government business, although Abedin also used a government address.

"I assumed it was OK to do," she testified.

Abedin is one of several former State Department officials who are being deposed by the conservative group in a civil lawsuit over the agency's failure to turn over files under the Freedom of Information Act. A transcript of the proceeding was released by Judicial Watch on Wednesday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-29-17-38-07

She's cheating on Bill. Calling it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Would not be surprised.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

cool beans.

With who Abedin?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    With who Abedin?
    If her being a lesbian became public knowledge I can guarantee she'd gain 100% of all young liberal voters.

If her being a lesbian became public knowledge I can guarantee she'd gain 100% of all young liberal voters.
    That's probably true.

The full quote of what she said, straight from the article. But less sensational:
    "I would imagine anybody who has personal email doesn't want that personal email to be read by anybody else," Abedin explained. "I read it the same way as she has written it."
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- Longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin said in a legal proceeding that Clinton did not want the State Department emails that she sent and received on her private computer server to be accessible to "anybody," according to transcripts released Wednesday.
    I didn't read the transcripts, and the answer to my question may be contained therin, but I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and say, that without context, her statement could be read to mean that Clinton didn't want her server to be able to hacked by anybody, and that she wanted it to be secure. I don't know that Huma's statement means that Hillary didn't want her server to be accessible by anybody, including people in the government.

Sounds like she wanted a secure server. Kudos to her.

"I assumed it was OK to do," she testified.
    So, is she stupid or lying? As has been covered in just about all of these threads, everyone that works for the government is informed about proper email protocol. Failing to know things that are this straightforward almost has to be a lie.

"Personal email" about terrorist attacks or other things of national importance aren't personal just because Clinton says they are, that's really the heart of the problem.

Such as, sending her daughter an email stating that terrorists attacked Benghazi today while publicly telling the American people it was a protest in response to a youtube video that some random filmmaker produced.

Some might argue that's a personal email. Those people are total fucking idiots.

The fact is, Clinton doesn't want anybody to ever be in a position to hold her accountable for her actions, including and especially her peers. But that isn't really how power is or is supposed to work.