Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Deleted

    Question (Legion) Casters in PvP??

    I don't have access to the beta, but I watched a few videos that has left me a bit worried.

    I saw a top 5 PvP burst video and more worrying a top 5 PvP mobility video (and according to the guy who uploaded it, it wasn't just his opinion but bases on a discussion by a bunch of talented pvp'ers) AND every single one in both videos were melee...

    Now I don’t care about playing “the Best” or topping the meters… I just want to have fun and I’ve always enjoyed casters the most… Dying all the time in BGs just isn’t fun.

    Anyway, long way to ask, how are casters doing in Legion PvP? Are they doing ok???

  2. #2
    Ignore any top 5 burst, or anything really like that... It's beta. Tuning is still happening. People are playing dumb broken specs just to one shot people in duels.

    Hell, if you want, a Frost Mage can literally one shot people with their Glacial Spike talent, so go figure, there's no need to worry about casters.

    Edit: Good timing, I just checked my Youtube feed - Xaryu (Frost Mage)
    3v1 vs 2x Melee/Healer. Obviously there's a massive skill gap but... yeah.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrJl8M5dFE
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-06-30 at 02:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Sure. That makes perfect sense.

    I'm more worried about mobility and survivability.... Seems fine and dandy if you're and Arcane Mage with 5 blinks But other specs and classes....

    They said they'd make locks less mobile, but more tanky.... My question is just HOW tanky? And how are the others doing?

    I know it's hard to say when the numbers aren't rigth. I was just hoping to get a feel for things

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Kanariya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,085
    Casters lost mobility, peels and escapes while melee kept all their gap closers and got them buffed (with the exception of Ret, as per usual). Melee also put out a massive amount of instant damage, while caster damage is abysmal.

    It's going to be another melee dominated expansion. We've heard the "it's just beta, they'll fix it" line before, it's not going to get "fixed" til Season 2.

  5. #5
    Deleted
    It's all set in stone who bursts who will not. Ignore people who think it's still beta. Blizzard made Alpha because of them and even then burst specs were done and set in stone.

  6. #6
    Unless Blizzard completely redesignes caster pvp talents, everyone is going to play melee. Current problems with casters go way beyond dmg tuning.

  7. #7
    expect to see a lot of survival hunter, the ability to give melee -50% crit chance, a net -80% hit chance and other CC it will be a nightmare for melee to deal with, just net a dps probably not even dispellable as it will be physical, 6 seconds of 80% miss, cooldown? 10 seconds rofl.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Yeah..... I just saw a video by Cartoonz (who I think we can all agree, is a pretty competent mage) showing just how mobile arcane mages are (being the most mobile caster in the game (Legion)). He duels a warrior and barely beats him. Saying at one point that, he's as mobile as I am....

    And back to the other Top 5 mobile PvP classes video I mentioned before..... Warrior didn't even make it to that top 5.... :/

    Really sad and disappointing....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    It's all set in stone who bursts who will not. Ignore people who think it's still beta. Blizzard made Alpha because of them and even then burst specs were done and set in stone.
    That's why changes are happening constantly then, is it? As someone who has been playing Assassination Rogue, they had their Exsanguinate changed from 400% to 200% the other day. If that's not reducing burst then what is?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr View Post
    Yeah..... I just saw a video by Cartoonz (who I think we can all agree, is a pretty competent mage) showing just how mobile arcane mages are (being the most mobile caster in the game (Legion)). He duels a warrior and barely beats him. Saying at one point that, he's as mobile as I am....

    And back to the other Top 5 mobile PvP classes video I mentioned before..... Warrior didn't even make it to that top 5.... :/

    Really sad and disappointing....
    It'd be nice if we could go back to the stage that there doesn't have to be an arms race of mobility though. If Casters don't fuck over melee when they are at range, and melee don't fuck over casters as soon as they get on them - it's fine.

    As a melee, I hate the mobility arms race. Requiring us to use the likes of Burst of Speed just to catch up to any ranged was BS in WoD. It wasn't fun at all. It should be about getting the opponent to use their mobility cooldown before you do to stay on them. Not the opponent having infinite slows whilst you spam BoS to stay near them. Boring. :/
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-06-30 at 06:00 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr View Post
    Cartoonz (who I think we can all agree, is a pretty competent mage)
    and the award for the best joke of the day goes to jacklindr, gz

  11. #11
    Deleted
    [QUOTE=Soisoisoi;41151975]That's why changes are happening constantly then, is it? As someone who has been playing Assassination Rogue, they had their Exsanguinate changed from 400% to 200% the other day. If that's not reducing burst then what is?/QUOTE]Yeah patchlogs are too much for you. Gameplay and roles didn't change much since alpha. Surv hunter got a bit weaker in aoe but... no sorry it's just your imagination

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's why changes are happening constantly then, is it? As someone who has been playing Assassination Rogue, they had their Exsanguinate changed from 400% to 200% the other day. If that's not reducing burst then what is?
    Yeah patchlogs are too much for you. Gameplay and roles didn't change much since alpha. Surv hunter got a bit weaker in aoe but... no sorry it's just your imagination
    You being wilfully ignorant of changes does not mean they are not happening. If you're going to post, post something useful.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You being wilfully ignorant of changes does not mean they are not happening. If you're going to post, post something useful.
    You are ignorant to tuning and what it means. You have no clue what roles/specs changed and what the tuning did to them.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr View Post
    I don't have access to the beta, but I watched a few videos that has left me a bit worried.

    I saw a top 5 PvP burst video and more worrying a top 5 PvP mobility video (and according to the guy who uploaded it, it wasn't just his opinion but bases on a discussion by a bunch of talented pvp'ers) AND every single one in both videos were melee...

    Now I don’t care about playing “the Best” or topping the meters… I just want to have fun and I’ve always enjoyed casters the most… Dying all the time in BGs just isn’t fun.

    Anyway, long way to ask, how are casters doing in Legion PvP? Are they doing ok???
    In short you are punching bag and thats about it. The problems most castes have are far more then simple numbers tuning, everything from honor/artifact talents issues , rotation bot gameplay, lack of decision making are dramatic
    I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.
    -Donald J Trump.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    You are ignorant to tuning and what it means. You have no clue what roles/specs changed and what the tuning did to them.
    Alright, feel free to point out where on the tuning that is happening that it... isn't happening? I mean, go ahead. That's a thing you can definitely do.

  16. #16
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Alright, feel free to point out where on the tuning that is happening that it... isn't happening? I mean, go ahead. That's a thing you can definitely do.
    I did you didn't.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    I did you didn't.
    So, me saying they changed the way Exsanguinate works mechanically in PvP - by reducing the tick speed by half and thus lowering burst - is you saying that there's nothing happening to tune burst? Got'cha.


    I'm just going to leave you to it now.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Alright, feel free to point out where on the tuning that is happening that it... isn't happening? I mean, go ahead. That's a thing you can definitely do.
    slight numbers tuning is happening but thats 1/3 of the problem, doesn't fix the rotational bot / script gameplay or lack of "skill" or decision making abilities
    I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.
    -Donald J Trump.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    and the award for the best joke of the day goes to jacklindr, gz
    I was just thinking the same thing

  20. #20
    Deleted
    Mage seems fine, Warlock seems ok-ish.

    No clue about the others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •