Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    The only issue with your results is that you can't estimate the proper answer simply because the results are skewed by the fact that the skill level of people you're facing in skirmish on beta could range from absolutely terribad to R1, which in term makes it hard to properly gauge the state of balance with beta skirmish results, although I do agree casters won't be bad, or to be accurate some ranged specs will be viable, while the majority of melee will have a T1 comp.

What I mean to say is it might be a tad different once legion hits and results vary compared to beta skirmishes.
    With this thread I'm simply saying one thing... there's a chance melees wont roflstomp everything. But no, everybody keeps missunderstanding ^^ and I play both caster and melee... I want balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Have you met melee cleaves with a brain? Because I played DH/War/MW monk and I can assure you, not a single caster will live through them. Everyone is a kill target as dh/war.
    I was talking about 2s skirmishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I laughed so hard with this. So the game is pretty balanced now that no melee teams can beat you (so minimum 50% of games can't beat you) and now the game "will be decent" and you was false "for screaming in sadness a few weeks ago" (when game was probably more balanced and melee classes had a chance against you).

Seriously man LOL @ you. We need useful opinions regarding pvp not emo fotm rerollers who go wherever holinka takes the balance. "No melees could win us really" is NOT balanced pvp is just happy hour for bads who need a boost before they can start winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Your RBG recipe isn't very accurate. You can easily replace warrior with a destro lock and keep the other as affli and you can easily replace the enhance shaman for a frost mage with secondary fire spec for some maps (Eots comes to mind).

Generally speaking its not good to have a cooking recipe when it comes to RBG.
    By all means, laugh on. But out of all the 2s skirmishes I did as me on boomkin and a random guy on shadow, we beat 90% of the double melees we came across. That just means we didn't really face any good people. Why the F are you overthinking everything I wrote? Putting own meaning behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is way worse than mine, as you just bashed me for no reason and I actually tried to give some slight hope to casters who don't have access to beta.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it makes you feel good about yourself trying to step on others. But what can I expect here on mmo champion but some lowly one trying to tear apart anything I say. The whole F point of this thread was that most people say their spec is bad (Boomkin) yet I found it to be very very strong. (example).
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2016-07-06 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    so you're saying that melee seem to underperform and in the same breath call it balanced?

"except few specs" would after reading your statement mean "every melee".

i get that its fun to dominate, but yeah, you contradict yourself here
    i dont know how balance actually holds up in pvp atm (but i guess its rather bad with current "tuning")
    Melee always start off slow(er) than others. But by the end of the xpac it has always been the opposite, and then the disparity is also always worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Melee always start off slow(er) than others. But by the end of the xpac it has always been the opposite, and then the disparity is also always worse.
    and now melees and casters will both start off with good stats, so melees will seem to get ahead I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Meta will most likely be with casters.
    As it the natural state of the game.

More than anything I'm worried about having ridiculous stats and numbers in my face, I want to get an addon that can decrease everything by a factor of 10 or 100 or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post

More than anything I'm worried about having ridiculous stats and numbers in my face, I want to get an addon that can decrease everything by a factor of 10 or 100 or something...
    I wouldnt worry about stats in our PvP templates for 2 reasons 1) There is nothing we can do about it, since Blizzard will do all the numbers 2) if some stats are too high or too low, Blizzard will balance to which ever number they deem appropriate (not saying it will be Balanced however)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon;41163849[B
    ]Ranged has always dominated melee.[/B] Thats why i cant do rated pvp. I dont like arena, and i dont play healer, ranged, dk or rogue so i cant get into RBGs.
    did you play WoD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    did you play WoD ?
    I think he referred to RBGs as per range dominating Rated PvP (for an exception of DK or Rogue as he pointed out). I would add Enhance shammy to that list, since they top dmg meters on par with shadow/boomies in RBGs, but other melee in my opinion (Ret, Feral, WW) don't have a good spot in top end RBGs, Wars maybe be useful but I rather bring DK or a Caster or a hunter over War.

Arena Wise, most melee are doing pretty decent in arena atm compared to casters (every melee other than Ret that is

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    With this thread I'm simply saying one thing... there's a chance melees wont roflstomp everything. But no, everybody keeps missunderstanding ^^ and I play both caster and melee... I want balance.

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about 2s skirmishes.

- - - Updated - - -

By all means, laugh on. But out of all the 2s skirmishes I did as me on boomkin and a random guy on shadow, we beat 90% of the double melees we came across. That just means we didn't really face any good people. Why the F are you overthinking everything I wrote? Putting own meaning behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion is way worse than mine, as you just bashed me for no reason and I actually tried to give some slight hope to casters who don't have access to beta.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it makes you feel good about yourself trying to step on others. But what can I expect here on mmo champion but some lowly one trying to tear apart anything I say. The whole F point of this thread was that most people say their spec is bad (Boomkin) yet I found it to be very very strong. (example).
    I called your BS and now you come back whining and posting a lot of "F"s because you are too PC to even swear properly and get hit by the consequences of your inadequacy.

So once again I call your BS:

1. You are nowhere near capable enough of posting any kind of estimates based on experience and yet you somehow posted it
    2. You make false assumptions that "since we beat everyone we were OP and they were bad lol"
    3. You have an imbalanced understanding of the game that makes you favor just what YOU play and not the balance
    4. Your reading comprehension is not good enough to understand my points
    5. Your game understanding is very limited to the class you play and to skirmish experiences
    6. You lose your temper and swear at someone you don't know
    7. You post to make a fuss but can't take constructive criticism on your obviously biased and FALSE assumptions
    8. I just laugh at all FOTM players who are like "hey this week rogue is good" "hey this week shadowpriest is OP". Yeah ok mate play whatever you think can kill the classes you cant kill with your current toon and break yourself and the game even more. We certainly need more rerollers and we re not tired of waiting for half the playerbase rerolling regearing and then re-failing because by the time they managed to l2p the new class something else is FOTM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post

MSCombat text can make numbers into whatever you want them to show. Or you can just hide numbers altogether and use SUF to see percentages

I'm not sure how people can say either range or melee "dominate" each other when close to every class was represented in the NA Qualifiers last week. And outside of a selected few, most setups that were ran were 1 melee 1 range, and if you were to count them up I'm certain the % of each would be close to 50.

Range vs Melee is about as balanced as humanly possible right now. Sure, rogues and ferals are overrepresented as melees and mages as range, but with so many classes and specs it's a pretty good job on Blizzards part.