Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is more accurate to say both rated and unrated will collapse like what happened in WotLK. Everyone just facerolled heroics/raids in WotLK and Legion is no different in that regard.
    Wrath PvP was saved by Wintergrasp. It's a shame they've never been able to replicate that fun.

But yeah, you have a good argument about ladder collapse.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Wrath PvP was saved by Wintergrasp. It's a shame they've never been able to replicate that fun.

Wrath had the highest number of players playing rated arena in the history of WoW...

Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Wrath had the highest number of players playing rated arena in the history of WoW...
    Sorry but you're wrong.

Here's some stats recently posted on percentage of Arena players 2v2 and 3v3: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745676130

It's not perfect as the poster said, but it's pretty good based on what is known. The point is that BC had highest arena participation, by 2x to 4x more than Wrath.

2v2

TBC:
    Season 3: 10.82%
    Season 4: 7.95%
    WOTLK:
    Season 5: 3.79%
    Season 6: 4.19%
    2S NO LONGER REWARDS TITLES:
    Season 7: 3.49%
    Season 8: 3.49%
    CAT:
    Season 9: 4.01%
    Season 10: 2.65%

3v3

TBC:
    Season 3: 8.76% | Sub Count: 10.9M
    Season 4: 4.83% | Sub Count: 11M
    WOTLK:
    Season 5: 2.05% | Sub Count: 11.5M
    Season 6: 2.36% | Sub Count: 11.5M
    2S NO LONGER REWARDS TITLES:
    Season 7: 2.25% | Sub Count: 12M
    Season 8: 2.96% | Sub Count: 12M
    CAT:
    Season 9: 2.56% | Sub Count: 11.5M
    Season 10: 1.92% | Sub Count: 10.2M
    MOP:
    Season 14: 3.42% | Lowest Rank: 232811 | Sub Count: 6.8M
    Season 15: 3.32% | Lowest Rank: 331813 | Sub Count: 10M
    WOD:
    Season 16: 4.65% | Lowest Rank: 260561 | Sub Count: 5.6M
    Season 18: ?.??% | Lowest Rank: 230448 (As of Posting This) | Sub Count: ?.?M

So trying to defend Blizzard's Legion revert back to Wrath-like bullshit simply doesn't work.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-07-05 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Sorry but you're wrong.

Here's some stats recently posted on percentage of Arena players 2v2 and 3v3: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745676130

It's not perfect as the poster said, but it's pretty good based on what is known. The point is that BC had highest arena participation, by 2x to 4x more than Wrath.

So trying to defend Blizzard's Legion revert back to Wrath-like bullshit simply doesn't work.
    My mistake then, it def felt like a lot more ppl were playing in wrath, or it might have been that more specs were viable.

My mistake then, it def felt like a lot more ppl were playing in wrath, or it might have been that more specs were viable.
    BC arenas were inflated somewhat by PVE player participation. The problem with WotLK arena in season 1 and 2 was DKs were so overpowered it forced a lot of players away. It didn't help that there was no entry level PVP weapon and tier 1 PVP weapon and tier 2 PVP weapon were gated by high ratings. WotLK was more balanced towards the end of the expansion but the damage was already done. Long queue times for unrated BG's and rated play fighting against DK's shadowmourne or strong PVE trinkets still drove players away.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Not sure on Wrath, but MoP PvP up to 5.4 certainly seemed better balanced overall IMO.

They have never been able to replicate it because they don't understand PVP. Wintergrasp had clear goals. Defend or attack. The side objectives either helped or hindered the attackers/defenders.

Tol Borad was kind of close but Ashran is schizophrenic in that the events had little to do with the main road objectives. Take out the events from Ashran and it instantly becomes a better world PVP "instance".
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

More bad players, less good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    They play the company over the 'player' pushing forward organizational objectives over what the vast majority may want. Take 3v3 and how they have shoved that bracket down the player base throat .. How many actually play actively 3v3? Now how many play actively random BG's? 3v3/e-sport is a niche and its a cool niche so isolate it from the rest of the random game play .. put 3v3 and RBG inside a bubble and leave PvE/wPvP/Random BG's the FUQ alone ..
    Pretty much this. They need to make a system that promotes better personal play and and getting rewarded for it during solo/random queues. That's how FFXIV currently does it and even though its pvp is worse than WoW (not by much though), my time spent pvping in that game is better rewarded. Plus I get cool mounts without having to group up and earn them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, each time WG was up and I was online, I dropped what I was doing and did that instantly. I even cancelled a raid one day to go play it.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!