Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Okay. So everyone will be in that bracket. Doesn't make what I said untrue.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Rating is a gauge of skill, prestige level is a gauge of # of games played.
    Takes like 10 world quests (pvp ones) to get to lvl 10. If you can't do that, you just ain't trying.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Fucking it up.
    Fucking it up some more
    And Continuing to fuck it up.
    It was quiet enjoyable the first few weeks of WoD. Ashran was bad and everyone knew it. Then we were getting constant patches for it, most of which made it worse. It started at a point where people were going "This cant possibly get any worse" and Holinka proved them wrong time and time again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Takes like 10 world quests (pvp ones) to get to lvl 10. If you can't do that, you just ain't trying.
    Counterpoint: if players arent meant to feel like there are huge powergaps between each other, why bother having to unlock the first 10 at all? Why not have the first 10 free, then you start unlocking for instance?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    You sure he said that?

    The transcript says: "The Honor Level is being used as a gauge of experience. A few weeks after launch, if you are below honor level 10 and prestige level 0, you will be placed in a different bucket from everyone else for random battlegrounds."
    What'll be really interesting is if all the really hardcore elite PvPers start whinging about their queue times as a result.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    What'll be really interesting is if all the really hardcore elite PvPers start whinging about their queue times as a result.
    Brilliant Holinka! Que times are already bad, lets make them worse!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It was quiet enjoyable the first few weeks of WoD. Ashran was bad and everyone knew it. Then we were getting constant patches for it, most of which made it worse. It started at a point where people were going "This cant possibly get any worse" and Holinka proved them wrong time and time again.
    I had this image of Holinka slamming a person-sized island of Ashran up against a grimy brick wall, throat clasped around its proverbial neck, mouth a half inch from its ear as he hoarsely whispers...

    "....I'm going to iterate the shit out of you."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    What'll be really interesting is if all the really hardcore elite PvPers start whinging about their queue times as a result.
    I don't think this will have an effect on queue times - it's not a rating system, it's just a separation of the kindergarten. (There is more chance the kindergarten folks will have issues with queues in the middle of the addon - but perhaps if the queue runs for too long, Blizzard will just mix them - individually - into the general pool.)

    All in all, this is a small gimmick. Potentially useful, but pretty insignificant either way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It was quiet enjoyable the first few weeks of WoD. Ashran was bad and everyone knew it. Then we were getting constant patches for it, most of which made it worse. It started at a point where people were going "This cant possibly get any worse" and Holinka proved them wrong time and time again.
    Yeah, it was pure comedy.

    A disaster after disaster, every couple of weeks a new way to AFK to win if you are on the right side and a couple of new stupid twists.

  7. #27
    Nobody cares about PvP in general, let alone random BGs. Let them do what they want.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Nobody cares about PvP in general, let alone random BGs. Let them do what they want.
    Nobody cares about anything apart from getting to max-level then, because more people PVP than raid, etc.

    Although with what they are doing, PVP has all chances to be reduced to something you do for initial gear when you roll a new character and then forget.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think this will have an effect on queue times - it's not a rating system, it's just a separation of the kindergarten. (There is more chance the kindergarten folks will have issues with queues in the middle of the addon - but perhaps if the queue runs for too long, Blizzard will just mix them - individually - into the general pool.)

    All in all, this is a small gimmick. Potentially useful, but pretty insignificant either way.
    I probably should have elaborated on that a bit more. To kind of piggyback off your analogy, depending on the demographics of the playerbase we could find the kindergarten filled with 98% of all the potential students. The remaining 2% might end up not being a large enough pool of players to successfully handle fast queue times for some matchmaked content. Things like skill differential within that 2%, which BGs people flag as their "ignores" numbers of people queuing for the 40-mans, what the ratio of Horde:Alliance players is queuing, all that kind of stuff skews a lot more with a smaller pool.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I probably should have elaborated on that a bit more. To kind of piggyback off your analogy, depending on the demographics of the playerbase we could find the kindergarten filled with 98% of all the potential students. The remaining 2% might end up not being a large enough pool of players to successfully handle fast queue times for some matchmaked content. Things like skill differential within that 2%, which BGs people flag as their "ignores" numbers of people queuing for the 40-mans, what the ratio of Horde:Alliance players is queuing, all that kind of stuff skews a lot more with a smaller pool.
    I thought the separation applies to just random BGs. Anyone who queues into something rated won't be subject to the separation. In random BGs, the separation will make queue times in both pools worse than they would be without the separation - and it can even make times in either or both pools intolerable, but if that happens, PVP would have much bigger problems (ie, PVP would have to be so terrible that most of those who try it quit after a couple of BGs not getting to level 10). We'll see, I guess.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Garadar, Nagrand, Draenor
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Holinka's new PvP matchmaking system will likely fail
    Just like his career as a video game developer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •