Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Yeah it's stupid how people go batshit crazy over sport. It's almost bad as religion sometimes
    You mean like how some people love playing WoW?

Was enjoyable watching England get wrecked against Iceland the other day. Cya!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You mean like how some people love playing WoW?
    Last I checked wow fans didn't riot cause their arena team lost. Difference between league and union is after a tackle in league they reset the lines and roll the ball back to start a new play and you only get so many tackles before a turnover (similar to American football). Union doesn't stop play after a tackle and can keep going. That's the main difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Was enjoyable watching England get wrecked against Iceland the other day. Cya!
    The supermarket has a football team?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just tell them you watch American Football, that will get them to shut up. :P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Just tell them you watch American Football, that will get them to shut up. :P
    That would probably cause decade long ridicule

Deleted
    I find all sorts of sport horribly boring.

Well watching them on tv, that is.

Not that I even own a TV, but you get the idea.

Why lie? If you don't like something. Don't lie about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Why lie? If you don't like something. Don't lie about it.
    Because I was 9.....

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Because I was 9.....
    I did the same lol. Did it with cars as well heh

You mean soccer, and im a huge sports fan but soccer is the one sport I cannot seem to get interested in at all, its beyond boring and it doesnt even come close in excitement level to anything else ever. Granted thats my opinion lol.

I think soccer players are tremendous athlete's with great skill but the game is boring as hell for me to watch. The only sport I enjoy watching is American football for the strategy and violence involved. I don't like basketball, baseball or hockey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Watching sports is just as boring as watching youtubers play video games. Can just play them myself instead of watching someone else play.
    It's a different experience, playing a game and watching someone play a game is very different. Much as playing a sport and watching a sport.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

As i'm sure many know England is somewhat obsessed with football and consider it our national sport. Unfortunately for me this sport manifested itself in occasionally awkward moments growing up as a boy for if you're English and male it is automatically assumed you like football. Now my family were never into football or sport in general besides motor-racing so naturally I didn't enjoy football. Despite this however I was still repeatedly asked by various people the same questions "Did you watch the match last night?" "What team do you support?" "Fancy watching the game?" which almost always ended with an awkward silence upon saying "I don't really like football". Eventually it got to the point where I would lie and just play along to avoid the awkwardness.

Any other people here suffer similar whilst growing up?
    If its friends you enjoy spending time with, you should accept the invitation, even if you dont care about the game. Else you will soon find yourself not invited.

15+ Year Old Account
    That would probably cause decade long ridicule
    Thats when you say that England actually sucks at football and you need to into a real sport, something that actually takes skill and strategy and american football rules make so much more sense than football penalty cards do. Then you tell them they must cheer for the Raiders.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As i'm sure many know England is somewhat obsessed with football and consider it our national sport. Unfortunately for me this sport manifested itself in occasionally awkward moments growing up as a boy for if you're English and male it is automatically assumed you like football. Now my family were never into football or sport in general besides motor-racing so naturally I didn't enjoy football. Despite this however I was still repeatedly asked by various people the same questions "Did you watch the match last night?" "What team do you support?" "Fancy watching the game?" which almost always ended with an awkward silence upon saying "I don't really like football". Eventually it got to the point where I would lie and just play along to avoid the awkwardness.

Any other people here suffer similar whilst growing up?
    I wishe you guys would stop like americian fucking sports.

Now NFL teams have to travel to London at the expense of having less home games in the U.S.

Now, I have to wake up at 9 in the morning this season just to watch my Bengals thrash the Redskins.

So thanks....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

Now NFL teams have to travel to London at the expense of having less home games in the U.S.

Now, I have to wake up at 9 in the morning this season just to watch my Bengals thrash the Redskins.

So thanks....
    That is the NFL trying to popularise the game in the UK, they have been trying to do it for years and are failing miserably. American football is far too slow in comparison to proper football and the two rugby codes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Last I checked wow fans didn't riot cause their arena team lost. Difference between league and union is after a tackle in league they reset the lines and roll the ball back to start a new play and you only get so many tackles before a turnover (similar to American football). Union doesn't stop play after a tackle and can keep going. That's the main difference.
    I don't judge a sport by its worst fans or by the people who are purely in it for the fighting, but sure, feel free do that if you want to.

Sounds like growing up in Wales and Rugby. Only at least this last few weeks everyone in Wales became a football fan when they realised we weren't that shit anymore. My dad was big into Rugby (he played for Wales youth even) and Motorsports such as F1 and Rallying, infact my dad used to have a Mini Cooper Rally car and did some amateur Rallies.

So pretty much growing up I thought my dad was the greatest Rally driver alive and the best Rugby player. I don't care for Rugby, definitely don't care for Football but Motorsports really hooked me in when I was young and I still love it. I wouldn't say Motorsports seems that popular though, most people that I know and the rest of my family have only a passing interest in it at best.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-07-03 at 06:19 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    If its friends you enjoy spending time with, you should accept the invitation, even if you dont care about the game. Else you will soon find yourself not invited.
    Why would I do that? I aren't going to torture myself for 3hrs because I was invited. Besides my friends know I don't do football

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post

So thanks....
    We don't like it, NFL just desperately tries to get us liking it. Blame NFL