Deleted

Ads crashing Firefox

Something is wrong with ads on this forum since yesterday. Some ad is crashing Firefox. First scrolling becomes slower, then even slower, then browser just halts. Even when posting this thread it crashed once. It appears on every 3-4th page.

In browser console I see infinite loop that sends requests to bunch of ad servers. Here are screenshots of network requests, I closed window when it reached 600 requests for that page because browser was about to crash.

Link to album with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/VtkNS

Reason #244647823 of why Adblock is a thing that people should be using.

I'd love to support MMO-C and other sites via ads, but not when it's still possible for shit ones to pass through that play sounds, video or pop-up crap.

Deleted
    Same issue here using Chrome. The browsers freezes for a few seconds, then I can use it for a few seconds, then freezes again.
    It doesn't affect other tabs.

Deleted
    I've blocked bunch of hosts forum tries to connect to when it causes browser to crash, seems to solve issue and doesn't show ads:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 fw.adsafeprotected.com
    127.0.0.1 redir.adap.tv
    127.0.0.1 u-ads.adap.tv
    127.0.0.1 dtm.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 pixel.admedia.com
    127.0.0.1 pixel.yabidos.com
    127.0.0.1 rtbg.admedia.com
    127.0.0.1 usadserver.com
    127.0.0.1 c.betrad.com
    127.0.0.1 z.moatads.com
    127.0.0.1 events.dashbida.com
    (code above should be added to /etc/hosts on mac, c:\windows\system32\etc\hosts on windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Reason #244647823 of why Adblock is a thing that people should be using.

I'd love to support MMO-C and other sites via ads, but not when it's still possible for shit ones to pass through that play sounds, video or pop-up crap.
    I totally understand that approach, but for me its not an option because of my work. Besides, its very rare that things like this happen.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-07-07 at 04:30 PM.

LISTEN!!!

It doesnt matter what internet browser you are using. It is absolute something wrong with mmo-champion site that SPAM to make lag. It is getting worse and I have no idea why you still running with crap connect to like http://imp.videojam.tv/ and other links or whatever you use and it needs to STOP. Just FIX it and I am sure 99 % of people have problem like me.

I am running chrome!