[PvP] How do you properly utilize Recuperate and Feint (Elusiveness) in arena?

I am rather new to the game and love playing Assassination Rogue in 2v2s.

When watching Rogue arena streams of the top players in the world, most of them Sub Rogues as I am yet to find a good educational Assa Rogue, I notice them going for like 90% Recuperate and Feint uptime. During fights they seem to be hitting like a wet noodle, but they do not die at all. Is this a thing exclusive to Subtlety Rogues, as they need that 'bridge' in between their Shadowdance burst windows? As an Assassination Rogue, when there is no opportunity for a oneshot, I can dish out very serious and continous damage as long as I can stick to my target and have the energy to spam Envenom with 100% Rupture uptime; if I were to keep up Recuperate and Feint 90% of the time I would do laughable damage.

The one time I use them both alot is after a CC+Burst combo to nuke a priority target (stealthed w/ CP>=3,Cheap,Smoke,Kidney,Vendetta, ShadowReflection,Vanish,Envenom,MFD,Envenom,Prep,Vanish,Envenom). To pull off that combo I often also have to pop another defensive cooldown/Blind if the target I nuke is being protected.
    After that combo the target either is dead or has had to pop trinket+defensive cooldowns like bubble to stay alive. I sometimes like to midigate damage through the likes of Recuperate and Feint afterwads for a bit.

Can you guys give me some insight on their use and functionality in certain scenarios (2v2 vs 3v3, teamcomps, state of the game etc)?
    Last edited by GerardSama; 2016-07-08 at 01:33 PM.

Sub Rogues as a general rule do no damage until they can burst anyway. So, you spend most of your time CCing and just being an annoyance to keep pressure up (stopping them healing). So you might as well keep Feint/Recup up during that time.

Assassination and Combat are slightly different, they can put out decent sustained too. Though I guess it depends what you are playing with, if you need to line burst up to get kills or spread pressure to rot a team over time. Say, if you're playing with an Affliction Lock or Frost Mage, they might both be very different playstyles.