Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vengeance DH Spell Animations, Blue Posts, Build of the Month, Elemental Preview

Mouse Sale: Amazon has the G502 mouse on sale

Double Blood Shard Weekend, Season 6 Ending Soon

Popular Decks of the Week for July 10

Heroes WTF Moments #57, Heroes Funny & WP Moments #74

Behind the Scenes with Sombra - July 21st at Comic-Con, Leaver Skill Rating Calculation Change

Legion - Vengeance Demon Hunter Spell Animations
    With the pre-expansion patch approaching and new spell animations mostly finalized, we are going back and finishing up our series of previews.

Warcraft Movie Update
    Warcraft has now been released for at least a week in all markets. There is a nice interview about the work ILM did on the movie here.

• The movie is up to $430M worldwide now.
    • When doing motion capture, up to nine orcs could be displayed in real time, superimposed over the actors on the monitors and through the lens for the camera operators.
    • Baby Thrall was one of the hardest characters to get right, designed for maximum cuteness with the right amount of Orc.
    • ILM worked on the movie in some capacity from Comic-Con 2013 to April 2016.
    • Over 1,000 people were working on the movie effects at one point.

Grove Warden Mount Availability
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hopefully not too off-topic... While this testing is going on - anyone know if the moose is still dropping at 100% in heroic on the PTR? Never was any confirmation that I could find if it was going away in the pre-patch (like the SoO wolf) or going away at Legion launch. Important for guild planning. Thanks in advance.
    The Remnant of Chaos that awards the Grove Warden should be available until Legion launches on August 30 (along with the guaranteed Mythic mounts becoming rare drops). We'll have a blog in the very near future with details about what's changing when.

Shop Helm Transmogrification Updates
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the upcoming Transmogrification system updates coming in Legion, the purchasable helms from the Shop— Crown of Eternal Winter, Hood of Hungering Darkness, and Jewel of the Firelord —will automatically be added to your Collection within the Appearances tab.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    On PTR & Beta Stability
    We're aware of the surge of reports in the last 24 hours, no updates but we're working on it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Emerald Nightmare raid zone is now accessible in Normal difficulty, with Xavius active. Normal difficulty scales from 10 players up to 30, and players must manually form groups to enter the zone. Player level and item level will be scaled accordingly. Please use this thread for feedback. We plan on keeping Xavius available over the weekend. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

In case any groups are feeling curious/generous and want to try out new class mechanics in an all-too-familiar raiding environment, Hellfire Citadel is open on all difficulties on the PTR.

Please use this thread for any bug reports or tuning feedback. With a global nerf aura active now, and taking into account changes like the loss of passive stat raid buffs, the goal is for the zone to feel somewhat easier across the board in 7.0.3 than it does in live 6.2.4. Logs are especially appreciated. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Armory Stats - I Choose You
    Today we are taking a look at the "I Choose You" achievements. The data used today is a sample of 2.6 million US and EU accounts that have been active since April 2016. While you wait for your phone to recharge before playing some more Pokemon Go, you could probably go earn one or two!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Name Points Reward
    I Choose You Complete the Grand Master Aki quest.
    I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive in 10-player mode.
    I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim as the last member alive in 25-player mode.
    I Choose You, Steelbreaker (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive in 10-player mode.
    I Choose You, Steelbreaker (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Steelbreaker as the last member alive in 25-player mode.
    I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir (10 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive in 10-player mode.
    I Choose You, Stormcaller Brundir (25 player) Defeat the Assembly of Iron with Stormcaller Brundir as the last member alive in 25-player mode.

Poll - Pokemon Go
    Are you playing Pokemon Go?

Build of the Month - July 2016
    Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

All of the parts on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you purchase your parts through them it helps support the site!

This month
    Important: The GTX 1080 ($700) and GTX 1070 ($450) are here. Unfortunately stock is very limited, resulting in expensive cards. Differnet versions with nicer coolers are starting to come in stock. New cards from AMD are also on the way.

The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale.

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 6700K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals

Narwhal

MonitorDell U2414H Monitor$222
    KeyboardLogitech G710+$138
    MouseLogitech G502$60
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1$50

Unicorn

MonitorDell U2715H$475
    KeyboardCorsair K70$110
    MouseRazer Naga 2014$62
    SpeakersLogitech Z523$81

Puppy and Dolphin
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

Puppy

Updated July 10, 2016
    $555
    CaseNZXT Source 210$47
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B$40
    CPUAMD FX-6300$99
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$25
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2.0$105
    Memory8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600$37
    Graphics CardGigabyte R7 370$110
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$70
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW$22

Dolphin

Updated July 10, 2016
    $671
    CaseNZXT Source 210$47
    Power SupplyEVGA 600B$40
    CPUAMD FX-8350$160
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$25
    MotherboardASUS M5A99FX PRO$115
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600$42
    Graphics CardR9 380 / GTX 960$150 / $180
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 1TB$70

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

Narwhal

Updated July 10, 2016
    $1047
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912$63
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$90
    CPUIntel 6600K$240
    HeatsinkScythe Mugen 4$55
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A$155
    Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$79
    Graphics CardR9 380 / GTX 960$150 / $180
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
    SSDCrucial BX200 250GB OR
    Samsung Evo 850 250GB
    $70
    $92

Unicorn

Updated July 10, 2016
    $1282
    CaseCorsair Air 540$130
    Power SupplyEVGA G2 650W$90
    CPUIntel 6600K$240
    HeatsinkNoctua 6 NH-D15$88
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A$155
    Memory16GB Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4$79
    Graphics CardGTX 970 OR
    GTX 1070
    $250
    $504
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Black 2TB$123
    SSDSanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB OR
    SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB
    $105
    $127

Final Boss - Elemental Shaman Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-07-10 at 10:38 PM.

Thats an odd combination of achievements on the armory stats. I mean, I get it, its because of the Pokemon name, but the one isn't related to the others which makes it look rather odd.

Deleted
    Yeah wth was that armory stat and poll? I don't get it. I really don't. I understand there's not that much new info coming at this point, but this really felt random.

It says that "The data used today is a sample of 2.6 million US and EU accounts that have been active since April 2016." Would that be an estimate of current wow population or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It says that "The data used today is a sample of 2.6 million US and EU accounts that have been active since April 2016." Would that be an estimate of current wow population or nah?
    It's been the same number for years now iirc.

I hear that Pokemon Go thing is pretty huge--Imgur had a lot of posts about it, and allegedly there's already a flourishing subreddit. A particularly charming post I saw on Imgur was the story of two teenagers that were in a park very late at night. A police officer noticed and asked what they were doing, and they were playing Pokemon Go-- they found out a Growlithe was in the area. So the cop went and got his phone and helped them look lol

And Its true, because someone else found that a cop put up a post 12 hours before the kid did, saying that he was catching pokemon instead of just criminals and was running around with a couple of kids at night looking for them xD I love that!

The new AMD card has been released already - currently either out of stock or overpriced everywhere, similar to the Nvidia cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I hear that Pokemon Go thing is pretty huge--Imgur had a lot of posts about it, and allegedly there's already a flourishing subreddit. A particularly charming post I saw on Imgur was the story of two teenagers that were in a park very late at night. A police officer noticed and asked what they were doing, and they were playing Pokemon Go-- they found out a Growlithe was in the area. So the cop went and got his phone and helped them look lol

And Its true, because someone else found that a cop put up a post 12 hours before the kid did, saying that he was catching pokemon instead of just criminals and was running around with a couple of kids at night looking for them xD I love that!
    Your tax dollars at work.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Your tax dollars at work.

Eh, I'm fine with it--stuff like that shows kids that cops are people too. Community stuff is important especially nowadays when everyone is batshit crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Yeah wth was that armory stat and poll? I don't get it. I really don't. I understand there's not that much new info coming at this point, but this really felt random.
    A fun bonus on the Sunday news for the 37% of users playing Pokemon Go. (I'm a little sad it isn't higher)

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    An estimate of the US + EU population that is in our database, sure. Not an estimate of subscriber numbers or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    The new AMD card has been released already - currently either out of stock or overpriced everywhere, similar to the Nvidia cards.
    Yeah, I'll be editing it in on the build of the month page once they are actually in stock somewhere at a reasonable price. Until then, coming soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Go mania infects mmo champ main page poll. ughhhh

Spirit Bomb? A bit late in the game(Beta) but thats sounds very Druid or Priest to me. They should imho rename it to Soul Bomb, that sounds a bit more Demon Hunter-y to me.

The pokemon shit is annoying the hell out of me.

Glad to see the movie didn't make any money. 70m short of the black. Maybe the chinese will get a straight to dvd sequel and you guys can wait for a translation.

I went to church today for the first time in <looks at watch> 20 years because it was a Pokestop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post

Glad to see the movie didn't make any money. 70m short of the black. Maybe the chinese will get a straight to dvd sequel and you guys can wait for a translation.
    Seems somebody didt get enough hugs as a child and has grown up to hate everything and everyone
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could be playing Pokemon GO but unfortunately my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 are not compatible.

You hate the pokemon game and are glad the movie was a financial flop. Do you have a dislike for things being successful?

Pokemon Go makes me want to get a phone, been about 4 years since I had one.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Ahh, A classic case of "Tall Poppy Syndrome", hate on anything that is successful or on its way to being successful.. It is really sad when you have people like this.. But as seeing who the poster is not surprised one little bit at their negativity..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    You hate the pokemon game and are glad the movie was a financial flop. Do you have a dislike for things being successful?
    As in my other post they have a classic case of "Tall Poppy Syndrome" where they hate anything that is a success or on its way to being successful..

10+ Year Old Account
    That Fel Devastation reminds me of the girls I used to pick up from the bars.

I miss the "I Choose You" mechanic in raids, the Paragons kind of had it and so did the elders in ToES but everyone followed the same order I think. If they made choosing a kill order effect the loot outcome or even the way the raid plays out would be an interesting factor to raiding.