Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Legion Pre-Expansion Patch Is Nearly Here

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The skies over Azeroth are growing darker. . . .
    The Legion pre-expansion patch is coming soon, and we wanted to give you a heads up about what to expect—and when you can expect it.
    This update will include a wide variety of features and content that set the stage for the expansion, including system changes, quality-of-life improvements, and major in-game events. Some of these features will be available immediately, while other content will be unlocked in the weeks leading up to the expansion’s launch. Read on for more details.

The Opening Salvo[/b][/size][/center]
    When the pre-expansion patch initially goes live, players will be able to immediately access many of its key system-related features. Some of these major updates include:

Transmogrification Updates

The new Transmogrification Collections system will make it easier than ever to collect, store, and sort through the gear you want to use for transmogging—without taking up storage space in your inventory, bank, or Void Storage. As you collect items that can be used with the system, you can browse through them—as well as sort by class or slot—in the Appearances tab in your Collections interface.
    Class Updates

We’re making some significant changes to classes and their specs for Legion to further strengthen their identities. The core changes to spells, talents, and more are going into effect as soon as the pre-expansion patch goes live. For more information on what’s new for each class and spec, read our earlier class preview blogs.

We’re also making it easier to switch between specializations for different content. Players will be able to queue up for dungeons, raids, Battlegrounds, or Arenas as any role that is available to their class, while continuing to play as another role while they’re waiting. When they enter the content they’ve queued for, they will automatically switch to the suitable role upon entering (at no cost) and then switch back automatically when they leave the instance.

The March Toward Legion[/b][/size][/center]
    In the weeks following the pre-expansion patch, we’ll be unlocking even more content that leads into the August 30 launch of Legion. We’re still determining the exact timing of these events, but players who pre-purchase Legion can expect to be playing a Demon Hunter around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally). We’ll share more details in the weeks ahead, but here’s a look at what’s in store:

Burning Legion Invasions

Before all hellfire breaks loose upon the Broken Shore, the Burning Legion will begin its assault upon Azeroth, turning some familiar stomping grounds into demon-infested battlefields—and it will be up to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to face the onslaught.

Demon Hunter Early Access

In the weeks before launch, those who have pre-purchased Legion will get early access to the new Demon Hunter class. Players will begin at level 98 and will find themselves on the fel-shattered expanse of Mardum, where they’ll play the Demon Hunter starting experience before joining their allies in the fight against the Legion.

The Battle on the Broken Shore Begins

As the situation grows more dire, Azeroth’s heroes will begin their first foray onto the Broken Shore—the epicenter of the demonic invasion.
    All of the features and content listed above (save for Demon Hunter early access) will be available to all World of Warcraft players, regardless of whether they’ve pre-purchased Legion.

Deleted
    I love how the post says '.. and when to expect it' and then it says nothing about WHEN WE CAN EXPECT IT.

I read the post 3 times to find out.

10/10 Trolling

10/10 would troll again, thanks Blizzard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Expected a date, got a slimmed down recap of the stuff they've covered in beta patch notes and the Q&As.

Disappointed!

10+ Year Old Account
    They let us guess if it's 19th or 27th Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And still no date. At this point either they are trolling for fun or a simply not ready even with pre-patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Expected a date, got a slimmed down recap of the stuff they've covered in beta patch notes and the Q&As.

Disappointed!
    This is a perfect example of Blizzard can't make everyone happy.

What do you think Nearly Here means? I would expect it means the first week of August.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The skies over Azeroth are growing darker. . . .
    The Legion pre-expansion patch is coming soon, and we wanted to give you a heads up about what to expect—and when you can expect it.
    Ya did it, Blizzard. You trolled a nation.

Reddit guy that leaked the 7/19 date is now saying 7/12.

Blizz give us a date or just shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    While I would love that, hardcore, I just... have a hard time believing the 12th? No pvp season ending announcement, or anything of that sort... I mean I want it soon like anyone else, but I have to look at blizzards track record on how they do things, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    Yeeeah.. no. Still no end of season announcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    So expect it to go live on the 1st or 2nd (I'm hoping July 29th for a full weekend to kick it off).
    It's in July, won't be in august.

With this post, you can be certain the pvp end announcement will be next tuesday. Followed by patch on the 26th.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-07-08 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

What do you think Nearly Here means? I would expect it means the first week of August.
    sounds like the 26th is the first "target date"

26th pre-patch with class updates/appearance system
    2nd demon invasions
    9th DH
    16th broken shore

BUT they gave themselves an extra week in case they can't hit the 26th...so the above could all be shifted + 1 week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Yeeeah.. no. Still no end of season announcement.
    But wasn't this message JUST the end season announcement ? Or I don't get something

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

All rumors state july dates. Also the fact they already preloaded it, and the fact that they keep hyping it with new posts. Why would you think august?

I noticed the patch downloading in the background on the Blizzard launcher yesterday. In the past, that's always meant the patch is coming within two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go live on Tuesday. We're definitely going to see it before the end of the month. They'll want people to have time to enjoy the demon invasion and get used to all the changes before Demon Hunters are introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    All rumors state july dates. Why do you think august?
    Because it's Jaylock. No if or but it really is just because it is him.

this wasn't the end of the season announcement that will come on Tuesday would be my guess.

They are clearly struggling to meet the deadlines and are hesitant to just say a date and stick to it, still too much to test.