Need help with PC upgrade

Hello people! time has come to upgrade my rig (please see signature for specs).

Unless you think otherwise I figure that I should stick to a GPU upgrade at this point, but please do tell if you see any potential bottleneck issues.

I will be gaming at 4K ~60hz with gsync enabled. I play a wide variety of games like RPG/MMO/FPS/STRATEGY and I have a HTC VIVE. On a sidenote I do a bit of videoediting.

I will probably struggle with 60 fps on most AAA tittles at high settings and not really interrested in going for SLI so I figure that I should go for one of the aftermarket GPU's with the highest clock speeds.
    Ex.
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix - Boost 1936
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Extreme - Boost 1936

I have stumpled across this test:
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...stigation.html
    I am not going to argue about its legitimacy, but I do find coil whine an important parameter when picking up a new card.
    I am aware that you can you can RMA a card for excessive coil whine but if it is a generel problem from a specific brand I would rather avoid it entirely.

The test only cover older cards so I wonder if you guys have had any issues with your 1080's?
    I5 4670K - NOCTUA NH-U12S - GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H - CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 VENGEANCE LP 1600MHZ - TITAN XP - CORSAIR AIR 540 - CORSAIR AX 860I DIGITAL ATX MODULAR - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD - SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB SSD - WD BLUE 1TB

Go for it, but to be fair all those factory OC card dont cost their money.