Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    PS: From someone that almost got perma banned asking for "Donation of gold or battle pets in /trade.".
    Yeah I'm gonna have to ask for proof of that, because I'm pretty sure as is, that's pretty untrue.

I think on top of the buff being called "Tyrandes Silence" whenever it is applied to you Malfurion should pop up on your screen and go "HUSH TYRANDE" or whatever your player name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
    "Not being politically correct" is that the new trend now to describe someone's horrible behaviour, is "freedom of speech" out of fashion? Damn Blizzard permanently banning you.

Great job Blizzard for introducing this silence punishment. They will potentially lose less money than they do when they ban accounts, while at the same time crippling the ability of violators to insult others. Although certainly for serious violations like "not being politically correct" permanent bans will still come down heavy.
    Most amusing is the whining about the increasing duration of the Silence. Like... I intend to repeatedly insult people, how dare Blizzard increase my punishment?!

Troll tears gonna form a new Well of Eternity
    Yeah in america nowadays calling someone a man or woman based on their legal birth certificate is "offensive"
    I'm sick of PC in this country, i want a president more extreme than trump who would go on TV and use every offensive race-bashing word in the urban dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    It always makes me sad to see people cheer for having freedoms removed or curtailed.
    There is no freedom of speech in World of Warcraft (or any other online game). You have to follow Blizzard's rules if you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    There is no freedom of speech in World of Warcraft (or any other online game). You have to follow Blizzard's rules if you want to play.
    "Censorship is only when the government does it."
    LOL

Deleted
    This is from retail forum (Blizzard deleted his post later, they censor everything which is not positive feedback):

Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2016-07-15 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    This is from retail forum (Blizzard deleted his post later, they censor everything which is not positive feedback):

Lol Blizzard getting as bad as Trion with the rift forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Of course they did.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet mate. Do you have any actual proof of that, or did you get it from a Facebook meme?

This is just them changing you getting banned for saying shit that some cuck gets offended by/you scamming some gullible kid to a 24 hour mute? So they can't even afford to ban individual players now?

First the "there are other factors that better report game progress than a subscriber chart" and now this. What's next? Gametime for gold? Oh wait..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    No you don't dumbass this being released is proof enough that they are doing away with bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Yeah in america nowadays calling someone a man or woman based on their legal birth certificate is "offensive"
    I'm sick of PC in this country, i want a president more extreme than trump who would go on TV and use every offensive race-bashing word in the urban dictionary.
    Trump isn't even half as offensive as medias make him to be. Besides, he's always been replying to people who insult him first, never out of nowhere charged at someone. But people are probably offended that when you slap his cheek he doesn't turn the other, but punches your face inwards instead.

However, we surely know that it's very easy to make distinction between insults and spam in chat as opposed to someone disagreeing with somebody else. It's always some troll that gets reported and then tries to make it like he's been just exercising his right of free speech. No, it doesn't work. Bad behaviour should be sanctioned in game, at school, at home, everywhere. The core of the problem is that some folks are led to believe they can basically get away with everything, that democracy equals chaos and attacking someone's body or dignity is fine. It's not and no matter how someone tries to twist liberal ideals it will still not be fine. Again, kudos to Blizzard for being heavy handed. And if someone wants a popular example where internet behaviour is beyond any norm take League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Of course they did.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet mate. Do you have any actual proof of that, or did you get it from a Facebook meme?
    Blizzdrone alert tbh

Quote Originally Posted by emedia View Post
    Blizzdrone alert tbh
    Oh of course, that must be why I don't believe Blizzard censors non-positive feedback; because I'm a fanboy! Not because the Blizzard forums are constantly awash with negative feedback and complaints. How could I have been so blind as to my affliction? All that negative feed back I see and agree with must have been some horrendous fever dream while I was smoking crack!

I mean, is "Blizzdrone" the absolute best you can muster to refute that notion? Really? The internet equivalent of blowing rasberries and shouting "Well...you're stoopid!"? Your post reflects much poorer on you than it does on me.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    You don't know that these types.of messages can be filtered in chat with the default interface?
    Care to tell me where? Chat setting, game settings? Nothing I see even hints of turning this stuff off... even tried System Messages, didn't do the trick (at least not with the gathering such & such spam isn't near as bad as the crafting spam).