Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    The Mendstyle way of playing disc works quite well on Ilgy - see Flintoid's youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpD...3rUYMsg/videos
    It just looks like he's using Shadowmend instead of Plea to apply atonement. How exactly is that significantly different from normal Disc play, so significant that it's getting a specific name?

Also noticing other questionable things about his play, such as casting Shadowmend and it ends up landing when the person is at like 90% health, or using Halo when there's only like 3 people injured. This "Mendstyle" healing that he's using landed him way behind the other healers on Il'gynoth:

On a less-related note, that guy's UI triggers me. His raidframes are fucking enormous (and covers where his character is standing, depending on the camera angle), his weakauras are spread out all over the screen, and he's got not one but two skada windows open during combat, and his unitframes are way at the top of the screen, and he has empty slots on his actionbar...

not very efficient layout
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-01 at 04:14 AM.

I guess the gear helps a lot too. I mean, he's almost casting his shadow mend in 1 gcd, which almost make plea useless once he gets more than 5 atonement (since they cost more mana past that number afaik)... he doesn't have to worry about casting shadow mend instead of plea or radiance for mana sufficiency. Against nythendra, he just used 1 potion.

Even though he may not have a 100% efficient layout, it works for him. There's nothing stopping you to have a better layout. I think I've seen him using a mouseclick on 2 spells, which isn't really game-breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laalipop View Post
    Isn't disc more or less pure burst at this point? Then it makes sense to "put more weight on the other healers" at certain times no? You're making it so that they don't have to work as hard during high damage and in return you rest during low damage phases, or am I missing something in my logic?
    Everyone talks about burst phases but logs show most Discs, even the top ranked ones, don't play around burst windows.

Most successful Discs are using MB and Penance on cooldown, keeping PtW up and managing 4-6 Atonments most of the time and sometimes "bursting" up to 12 Atonements for Light's Wrath but also using Light's Wrath with ~6 Atonements out just as often.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No other healer has to do that. That's why it's flawed.

No other healer has to "slack" and not cast spells, just to avoid running out of mana halfway through the fight.

That's not "teamplay", that's "one player slacking and forcing the other to work harder".

You think it's perfectly okay class design, to have a spec that needs to do nothing for extended amounts of time, in order to play properly, when no other spec has to do that?
    Judging by the comments in this thread you need to:
    Spend more time during a fight not casting in order to save mana.
    Stack more haste.
    Kill bosses faster.

Kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Judging by the comments in this thread you need to:
    Spend more time during a fight not casting in order to save mana.
    Stack more haste.
    Kill bosses faster.

Kek.
    Why are you even still posting here.

It's clear you don't like total, but you offer nothing constructive to the thread (or any priest discord) outside of saying "lol haste stacking is bad"

You do realize literally every top priest is stacking haste right now yes? Do you honestly believe that people are doing this because some world 1000 raider who does a little bit of math said so? People are stacking haste, because it's the best way to gear for.

Nice meme trying to suggest disc priests aren't playing around burst phases. I guess fights don't have burst healing these days.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-10-01 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I summed up a few pages worth of advice for someone asking a legitimate question and you're having a go? Calm down.

I've been looking at top priest logs and replays, including yours, and I'm seeing everyone hit Light's Wrath and MB with ~6 Atonements out about as often as with ~12+ out. How is it a meme?

Spam less spells, having empty GCD's isn't necessarily bad, stack haste, mana probably allows for 1 PW:R spam burst window per fight, outside of that manage half a dozen atonements or so.

I'm not being funny or taking the piss. That is literally the Disc consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I guess fights don't have burst healing these days.
    Well, you can't deny that at least two fights don't. Nor that the burst phase is blurry on some others. Only Nythendra and Ursoc have clear "now is your time to shine" flags.

Just playing devil advocate here. Ilnitog is still a puzzle for me. What am I supposed to do ? Beside git gut, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Well, you can't deny that at least two fights don't. Nor that the burst phase is blurry on some others. Only Nythendra and Ursoc have clear "now is your time to shine" flags.

Just playing devil advocate here. Ilnitog is still a puzzle for me. What am I supposed to do ? Beside git gut, ofc.
    You just really don't know the fights very well if that's what you think.

Elerethe has at least 4 extremely telegraphed burst raid damage windows (2 uses of Vile Ambush followed by 1 use of Dark Storm and then typically 1 more Vile Ambush, more if you are slow).

Both Dragons of Nightmare and Cenarius have stacking debuffs that scream at you that the raid will be taking more damage when they get high. No, it's not a jump from zero damage to tons of damage, but the difference in damage taken is not what we care about. We simply care about the points where the most damage is taken, not how much more that is than the other points.

Xavius has the obvious Meteors, but aside from that simply does not have much to heal. It is a case where you can't really possibly struggle to heal the fight because you must have done Cenarius to get there, which takes a lot more healing.

Il'gynoth (heroic) has no raid-wide damage at all, but much like Xavius has very little damage in general compared to what you must have seen to be at that boss. Maybe you can't find a good way to play the fight on heroic, but who cares? I would be shocked to see a raid that had enough healing and DPS to kill Nythendra but was suddenly limited by healing on Il'gynoth when you could use half of the healers and still be fine.

Through some miracle, the legendary Plea haste chest dropped for me. How effectively do I take advantage of it on fights other than "cast plea every 5 seconds"?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    You just really don't know the fights very well if that's what you think.
    Indeed i don't. You explained them to me so I stand corrected. 3 clear fights, 2 blurry (or ramping as you call them) and 2 "spot healing"

Il'gynoth (heroic) has no raid-wide damage at all, but much like Xavius has very little damage in general compared to what you must have seen to be at that boss. Maybe you can't find a good way to play the fight on heroic, but who cares? I would be shocked to see a raid that had enough healing and DPS to kill Nythendra but was suddenly limited by healing on Il'gynoth when you could use half of the healers and still be fine.
    I do ? Is it an abomination to care about your raid ? Our healer team provided enough heal to kill nynthendra HC but we can't handle Ilginoth second P1. Other healers are providing nearly twice as much healing as I do.
    How do I get better ? Is there an internal solution ? Turning to the 14 others raiders and telling them that my low HPS is the result of their inadequacy isn't an option.

I've been advocating the burst healing style since before legion. I've healed up to arcway+6, sometimes in pug and my gear still isn't over 855 yet.
    I'm not a strawman, I genuily want to improve.
    What should I do on Ilginoth ?
    Shall I be benched ? Should I respec Holy ? Talent Grace and spam ShadowMend ? Be a dispell bot ?

Shall I be benched ? Should I respec Holy ? Talent Grace and spam ShadowMend ? Be a dispell bot ?
    Any of these works, but your problem isn't healing. It's actually impossible to have enough healing to do Nythendra but not enough to do Il'gynoth with the same group. You seem to know what you need to do to do more numbers, but it really shouldn't be necessary unless your raid is doing something drastically wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec'ing Grace and spamming Shadowmend works for a lot of Discs. So does getting carried by the other healers in the raid and just writing it off as a bad fight for Disc like a lot of people here do.

If your raid has the DPS, being able to kill the boss in the first eye phase makes the encounter far easier to heal. If you can't do that and find yourself losing raid members after the first eye phase to bursty mechanics you either need to spec holy or get people to stop standing in shit.

Ok. I don't know how to explain that to my raid without being an insuferable jerk but I will try. Thank you.

Deleted
    I do ? Is it an abomination to care about your raid ? Our healer team provided enough heal to kill nynthendra HC but we can't handle Ilginoth second P1. Other healers are providing nearly twice as much healing as I do.
    How do I get better ? Is there an internal solution ? Turning to the 14 others raiders and telling them that my low HPS is the result of their inadequacy isn't an option.
    <snip>
    You should use Grace with Twist of Fate and use a lot of Shadow Mends or spec holy for Ilgynoth. If you cannot kill the eye in the first vulnerability phase, then it's not so much on the healers. On the first week when we did it with a second blood phase, we simply changed our kill order to Corruptors (or Bloods under the eye) -> Bloods -> Horror -> Rest and the fight became easy. Just have your raid be ready to switch to the corruptors as soon as they spawn and kill them before the second Spew Corruption cast goes through, and the raid damage just disappears.

So no, it's not really on you but on the whole raid to deal with the mechanics swiftly. If you cannot kill the corruptors in time then there's not much to do but reroll your whole roster to resto shamans.

Quick item comparison:

845 legs - 1,238 int, 888 haste, 393 mastery

850 legs - 1,297 int, 484 haste, 820 crit

I don't really have exact stat weights, do I don't know which one is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I summed up a few pages worth of advice for someone asking a legitimate question and you're having a go? Calm down.

I've been looking at top priest logs and replays, including yours, and I'm seeing everyone hit Light's Wrath and MB with ~6 Atonements out about as often as with ~12+ out. How is it a meme?

Spam less spells, having empty GCD's isn't necessarily bad, stack haste, mana probably allows for 1 PW:R spam burst window per fight, outside of that manage half a dozen atonements or so.

I'm not being funny or taking the piss. That is literally the Disc consensus.
    The only fight where my Light's Wrath is hitting 6-7 people is dragon's because there's only 6-7 people at a time taking damage. So I don't know how you can really make this point. I'm pretty sure my nyth/ursoc logs, i'm light's wrathing 15-18 people at a time.

(please ignore spider, that pull was completely aids).

- - - Updated - - -

ummmmm

spider boss has pretty clear telegraphed mechanics, so does cenarius, mythic eye of ill, and xavius. So I don't really see how you can make this point.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,
    just a short question.
    Does anyone else have a hard time finding a raid guild? They always want a "real secound specc" 'cause Disc is too weak accourding to them.. they also say they dont see a "place" for disc in mythic raids.
    But I think in this addon its nearly impossible to play a secound specc because of the artifact power?

Not the best english I know. Hope you know what i wanted to say

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTargaryen View Post
    They always want a "real secound specc" 'cause Disc is too weak accourding to them.. they also say they dont see a "place" for disc in mythic raids.
    Any guild who says this, is not a guild that you want to be a part of, because it's clear they have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Disc is fine in mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Any guild who says this, is not a guild that you want to be a part of, because it's clear they have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Disc is fine in mythic.
    it's the best or second best healer atm XD

Deleted
    What's the point of Shadow Covenant? If it is really the worst/trap talent why did that pass the beta? Isn't that against Blizz talent philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    What's the point of Shadow Covenant? If it is really the worst/trap talent why did that pass the beta? Isn't that against Blizz talent philosophy?
    There's lots of really bad crap that passed beta.

See: Shadow Priest AoE DPS

kappa

But in all seriousness, I too am left scratching my head at how such a terrible talent got through alpha, let alone beta. If it applied Atonement it wouldn't be that bad (I'd take it for 5mans just for the luxury of not having to worry about Atonement) but as it is right now, it really is a trap talent.

In general, I'm wondering what the fuck is going on at Blizzard, that we get 6+ months of alpha/beta and yet, lots of things are still broken and unbalanced upon release. It just keeps happening. Expansion after expansion. Every single time.