Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Shall I be benched ? Should I respec Holy ? Talent Grace and spam ShadowMend ? Be a dispell bot ?
    Any of these works, but your problem isn't healing. It's actually impossible to have enough healing to do Nythendra but not enough to do Il'gynoth with the same group. You seem to know what you need to do to do more numbers, but it really shouldn't be necessary unless your raid is doing something drastically wrong.

What should I do on Ilginoth ?
    Spec'ing Grace and spamming Shadowmend works for a lot of Discs. So does getting carried by the other healers in the raid and just writing it off as a bad fight for Disc like a lot of people here do.

If your raid has the DPS, being able to kill the boss in the first eye phase makes the encounter far easier to heal. If you can't do that and find yourself losing raid members after the first eye phase to bursty mechanics you either need to spec holy or get people to stop standing in shit.

Ok. I don't know how to explain that to my raid without being an insuferable jerk but I will try. Thank you.

Deleted
    I do ? Is it an abomination to care about your raid ? Our healer team provided enough heal to kill nynthendra HC but we can't handle Ilginoth second P1. Other healers are providing nearly twice as much healing as I do.
    How do I get better ? Is there an internal solution ? Turning to the 14 others raiders and telling them that my low HPS is the result of their inadequacy isn't an option.
    <snip>
    What should I do on Ilginoth ?
    Shall I be benched ? Should I respec Holy ? Talent Grace and spam ShadowMend ? Be a dispell bot ?
    You should use Grace with Twist of Fate and use a lot of Shadow Mends or spec holy for Ilgynoth. If you cannot kill the eye in the first vulnerability phase, then it's not so much on the healers. On the first week when we did it with a second blood phase, we simply changed our kill order to Corruptors (or Bloods under the eye) -> Bloods -> Horror -> Rest and the fight became easy. Just have your raid be ready to switch to the corruptors as soon as they spawn and kill them before the second Spew Corruption cast goes through, and the raid damage just disappears.

So no, it's not really on you but on the whole raid to deal with the mechanics swiftly. If you cannot kill the corruptors in time then there's not much to do but reroll your whole roster to resto shamans.

Quick item comparison:

845 legs - 1,238 int, 888 haste, 393 mastery

850 legs - 1,297 int, 484 haste, 820 crit

I don't really have exact stat weights, do I don't know which one is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I summed up a few pages worth of advice for someone asking a legitimate question and you're having a go? Calm down.

I've been looking at top priest logs and replays, including yours, and I'm seeing everyone hit Light's Wrath and MB with ~6 Atonements out about as often as with ~12+ out. How is it a meme?

Spam less spells, having empty GCD's isn't necessarily bad, stack haste, mana probably allows for 1 PW:R spam burst window per fight, outside of that manage half a dozen atonements or so.

I'm not being funny or taking the piss. That is literally the Disc consensus.
    The only fight where my Light's Wrath is hitting 6-7 people is dragon's because there's only 6-7 people at a time taking damage. So I don't know how you can really make this point. I'm pretty sure my nyth/ursoc logs, i'm light's wrathing 15-18 people at a time.

(please ignore spider, that pull was completely aids).

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you can't deny that at least two fights don't. Nor that the burst phase is blurry on some others. Only Nythendra and Ursoc have clear "now is your time to shine" flags.

Just playing devil advocate here. Ilnitog is still a puzzle for me. What am I supposed to do ? Beside git gut, ofc.
    ummmmm

spider boss has pretty clear telegraphed mechanics, so does cenarius, mythic eye of ill, and xavius. So I don't really see how you can make this point.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,
    just a short question.
    Does anyone else have a hard time finding a raid guild? They always want a "real secound specc" 'cause Disc is too weak accourding to them.. they also say they dont see a "place" for disc in mythic raids.
    But I think in this addon its nearly impossible to play a secound specc because of the artifact power?

Not the best english I know. Hope you know what i wanted to say

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTargaryen View Post
    They always want a "real secound specc" 'cause Disc is too weak accourding to them.. they also say they dont see a "place" for disc in mythic raids.
    Any guild who says this, is not a guild that you want to be a part of, because it's clear they have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Disc is fine in mythic.
    LFR saved raiding

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Any guild who says this, is not a guild that you want to be a part of, because it's clear they have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Disc is fine in mythic.
    it's the best or second best healer atm XD

Deleted
    What's the point of Shadow Covenant? If it is really the worst/trap talent why did that pass the beta? Isn't that against Blizz talent philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    What's the point of Shadow Covenant? If it is really the worst/trap talent why did that pass the beta? Isn't that against Blizz talent philosophy?
    There's lots of really bad crap that passed beta.

See: Shadow Priest AoE DPS

kappa

But in all seriousness, I too am left scratching my head at how such a terrible talent got through alpha, let alone beta. If it applied Atonement it wouldn't be that bad (I'd take it for 5mans just for the luxury of not having to worry about Atonement) but as it is right now, it really is a trap talent.

In general, I'm wondering what the fuck is going on at Blizzard, that we get 6+ months of alpha/beta and yet, lots of things are still broken and unbalanced upon release. It just keeps happening. Expansion after expansion. Every single time.
    LFR saved raiding

What's the go-to healing addon for raid frames now? Is it still Grid?

There are some crap talents and skills on discipline. Some samples:

- Radiance: to much mana cost and low heal number. Could be more or less aceptable if it affects 5 per, but only 3 makes it really bad unless you have innervate. Crap skill.

- The talent for the +2s to expiation buff: bad, just bad. That 17s should be the base duration hahahaha. Think this talent only could be more or less useful if make the duration of 20s (so raise 5 secons instead 2). Also on the same line there are power infussion.....near a must with our mana problems and need of haste.

- shadow covenant: so damn terrible. I tried give a chance (specially on bosses with no adds or very few, where purge is not so important), but nah, it not good. That heal shield and not apply the buff kill the talent. Damn, Grace is more useful on raid than it hahahahha (even if only affect the shields is already way better).

- Smite: not terrible, but not good. Not strong at all and the "shield" is really low for the raid standar. Guess could be really interesting if it makes a 50% damage to a second near objetive... Or, at least, keep like it is now but with zero mana cost

- Plea: is ok, but maybe decrease a bit the mana increase per buff.

Also pls, give us some area damge spell hahaha. Of course like halo, only the damage done to one enemy will be used to heal.
    Last edited by Franarok; 2016-10-03 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Is this reflected in the very top guilds? I know Method used a disc on their Xavius kill, but thats as far as my knowledge about this topic goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    What's the go-to healing addon for raid frames now? Is it still Grid?
    I use VuhDo ... but I'll tell you what I really want. An addon that lets me add specific raid members to a separate frame so I can group up tanks, healers, and highest DPSers into a separate frame to track atonements on them. That would be sexy.

edit: If anyone knows of such a thing, or knows if VuhDo can do this, please let me know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    There are some crap talents and skills on discipline. Some samples:

- Radiance: to much mana cost and low heal number. Could be more or less aceptable if it affects 5 per, but only 3 makes it really bad unless you have innervate. Crap skill.

- The talent for the +2s to expiation buff: bad, just bad. That 17s should be the base duration hahahaha. Think this talent only could be more or less useful if make the duration of 20s (so raise 5 secons instead 2). Also on the same line there are power infussion.....near a must with our mana problems and need of haste.

- shadow covenant: so damn terrible. I tried give a chance (specially on bosses with no adds or very few, where purge is not so important), but nah, it not good. That heal shield and not apply the buff kill the talent. Damn, Grace is more useful on raid than it hahahahha (even if only affect the shields is already way better).

- Smite: not terrible, but not good. Not strong at all and the "shield" is really low for the raid standar. Guess could be really interesting if it makes a 50% damage to a second near objetive... Or, at least, keep like it is now but with zero mana cost

- Plea: is ok, but maybe decrease a bit the mana increase per buff.

Also pls, give us some area damge spell hahaha. Of course like halo, only the damage done to one enemy will be used to heal.
    Disc priest is the only healer class that can be brought to world first progression, and people qq for buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Is this reflected in the very top guilds? I know Method used a disc on their Xavius kill, but thats as far as my knowledge about this topic goes.
    it's my opinion really

good meme lel

Disc priest is the only healer class that can be brought to world first progression, and people qq for buffs.
    Just because it's decent in a highly coordinated and incredibly skilled group, does not mean it's perfectly fine and needs no fixing at all.

And...what? "Only healer class brought to world first progression" ? Where the hell are you getting that from? All different healers were used, not just Discs.

And criticism is not "QQ".
    LFR saved raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    You should use Grace with Twist of Fate and use a lot of Shadow Mends or spec holy for Ilgynoth. If you cannot kill the eye in the first vulnerability phase, then it's not so much on the healers. On the first week when we did it with a second blood phase, we simply changed our kill order to Corruptors (or Bloods under the eye) -> Bloods -> Horror -> Rest and the fight became easy. Just have your raid be ready to switch to the corruptors as soon as they spawn and kill them before the second Spew Corruption cast goes through, and the raid damage just disappears.

So no, it's not really on you but on the whole raid to deal with the mechanics swiftly. If you cannot kill the corruptors in time then there's not much to do but reroll your whole roster to resto shamans.
    I'm using Grace a lot in raids - especially in Heroic where the tanks take a lot of damage. It's great for both tank healing and spot healing.

I miss being able to talent into an improved version of Purify. I've never spent so much time looking at my cooldown timer for Purify as I do in the Dragons fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I'm using Grace a lot in raids - especially in Heroic where the tanks take a lot of damage. It's great for both tank healing and spot healing.

I miss being able to talent into an improved version of Purify. I've never spent so much time looking at my cooldown timer for Purify as I do in the Dragons fight.
    Honestly for that fight being a shadow priest is a good thing, I take a lot of pressure off my healers by handling dispels of roots and just have the healers focus on the important stuff.