Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They increased the chance of getting your first legendary a while ago. Even just doing a few heroics and your daily cache will give you a legendary in under 2 weeks.

my latest character without touching M+ or raids got 2 legendaries within a month.
    True, right after they changed the chance I got my second, then the third after what seemed a suitable interval, and fourth only a few days later (that one seemed totally lucky without any chance for bad luck protection to build). None since which seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    True, right after they changed the chance I got my second, then the third after what seemed a suitable interval, and fourth only a few days later (that one seemed totally lucky without any chance for bad luck protection to build). None since which seems fine.
    Iirc they said they only increased the drop chance for those without a legendary, I think you just got very luck =(

Deleted
    Hey all!
    So here is the thing, I'm still having troubles reaching 3d voidtorrent consistently, even on dummy. My stats are currently:
    Crit: 30%(8240)
    haste: 28,34%(9,212)
    Mastery: 45%(3569)
    So should i with EASE hit 3'd VT with these stats and I'm just bad, or will that extra 300 haste really help? i often find myself die when i have like 1 second left on 3'd VT. I'm also often forced to use Pi quite early (i'm never able to reach second disperse without PI). No legendary that helps only have the ring and no insanity neck.

Any tips are appreciated, Cheers!

Deleted
    If you don't have any BiS Legendary then I suppose Neck is a must. With perfect rotation and a neck you MIGHT reach 3rd VT on a dummy. Forget about it in raid though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    If you don't have any BiS Legendary then I suppose Neck is a must. With perfect rotation and a neck you MIGHT reach 3rd VT on a dummy. Forget about it in raid though
    Yeah well i really do feel like if i only had the neck i could reach 3 consistently, but i have never even seen one on AH : /

Also should i use first VT at around 30 and second at 100 if i only aim for two? This until i get some more optimized gear ofc
    Last edited by mmoc8ba5d8724e; 2016-12-29 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLorp View Post
    Hey all!
    So here is the thing, I'm still having troubles reaching 3d voidtorrent consistently, even on dummy. My stats are currently:
    Crit: 30%(8240)
    haste: 28,34%(9,212)
    Mastery: 45%(3569)
    So should i with EASE hit 3'd VT with these stats and I'm just bad, or will that extra 300 haste really help? i often find myself die when i have like 1 second left on 3'd VT. I'm also often forced to use Pi quite early (i'm never able to reach second disperse without PI). No legendary that helps only have the ring and no insanity neck.

Any tips are appreciated, Cheers!
    I think you should reach it quite consistently, I'm currently at 9000 haste and 7200 crit and I do reach it most of the time
    I'll try to share some of my thoughts
    At high stacks, you should wait a split second before you VB or SWD if it would otherwise put you over the cap, it would bring you 0.2-0.5 sec closer to next SWD (it adds up, you could end up with one more SWD this way)

Another thing is sometimes you just don't have enough time to cast one more MB and feel like you're forced to spend a SWD, but in fact you can delay your SWD usage by using MF+VB

With the above tricks you should be able to delay your PI until 85+, then you only have to make sure you exit the PI with two SWD available, the dispersion and all the SWD should be more than enough to buy you the time

Edit: make sure you enter dispersion and PI with no SWD available too
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-12-30 at 06:09 PM.

Did someone test the misery talent on ptr ? does casting VT generate insanity from VT only or also SWP ?

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Did someone test the misery talent on ptr ? does casting VT generate insanity from VT only or also SWP ?
    just tried: you only get 6 insanity, so just from 1 spell =/

Getting the insanity from both SW:P and VT would be broken as hell, because it's still only one GCD you're spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It does not, would be pretty overpowered if it did.

Thanks for the quick answer !

Yeah that would be quite OP, but I just wanted to be sure =)

Homophobia is so gay.

Wish it did honestly. I think misery is going to be situational, since PI will be better in most situations.

I think Misery should do something else in addition to the 2x1 dot discount. While it will be nice for multidotting, there will be many situations in which all it will do is save us just a couple GCD and while mathematically I can't say how much this will be powerful, probably it will not 'feel good'.

PI and MB in comparison feel always decent. Damage, haste, 'visible' insanity gain, "more pet", etc.

I could see PI being better in most cases for raiding but for 5 man's I have a hard time seeing anything but misery being the best choice. Perhaps tyrannical on some hard bosses but using half the globals to get your damage going is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I could see PI being better in most cases for raiding but for 5 man's I have a hard time seeing anything but misery being the best choice. Perhaps tyrannical on some hard bosses but using half the globals to get your damage going is pretty amazing.
    I was having trouble finding the value on paper in raids but then I did another Helya run and I found myself wishing I had it already. A lot of spread adds with a decent health bar is going to make it a great niche pick I think. In those situations, I think it's going to shine and not just because of the synergy with AS/SI.

Wouldnt having the legendary ring make Misery seem obsolete? Don't know if they addressed the bug with it too since on live, with practice, you can spread your dots up to 6 targets.

Deleted
    I don't really get why everyone is so hot on 'Misery' for M+. Ok you get your dots out faster, but your damage comes from being inside voidform and getting those voidbolts out before you need to reapply dots.

I know insanity generation got buffed across the board, but I'm still planning on running LotV even in high Tyrannical runs.

So my SPriest is one of my alts but I rarely play the character due to how shit of dps it does without StM. It's 866 ilvl with the shitty boots as it's legendary. I'm doing only like 200k on a dummy without StM but with it I'm doing around 350k. Are shadow priests really that useless without StM?

Deleted
    Try applying for lfg M+ as a sp.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Getting the insanity from both SW:P and VT would be broken as hell, because it's still only one GCD you're spending.
    It would only be "broken as hell" if it mathed out too high compared to PI and Mindbender. It's a talent after all and talents just come down to the devs making sure their calculators are working.