Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What average times are you guys getting for StM in HFC?
    You should tell us your gear level, plus there's a thread about this below.

Homophobia is so gay.

I have a question regarding Mind Flay during insanity.

At some point during my rotation I'll use Void Bolt followed by Mind Blast. I then have the following options:
    1. Wait for Void Bolt to come back up (about 1.5 seconds wasted?)
    2. Use Mind Flay fully, keeping Void bolt on hold for about 1.5 seconds
    3. Use Mind Flay and interrupt it by using Void Bolt as soon as possible

Which of the 3 should I go for? Or am I doing something wrong and should this scenario never arrise in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Until 100% haste you will always be doing VB > MB > 2tick MF > VB. Past that in StM, there is a point where the cooldowns of VB and gc/d coincide so it is better to do VB > MB > VB (even if you need to wait a little bit for that second void bolt, it is better than delaying it due to the gc/d incurred by MF).
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-08-14 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I have a question regarding Mind Flay during insanity.

At some point during my rotation I'll use Void Bolt followed by Mind Blast. I then have the following options:
    1. Wait for Void Bolt to come back up (about 1.5 seconds wasted?)
    2. Use Mind Flay fully, keeping Void bolt on hold for about 1.5 seconds
    3. Use Mind Flay and interrupt it by using Void Bolt as soon as possible

Which of the 3 should I go for? Or am I doing something wrong and should this scenario never arrise in the first place?
    Mind Flay is your filler, you pretty much always interrupt it to cast Mind Blast or Void Bolt.
    so 3.

Unless as Ryeshot said your wait time is less then the gcd.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    What average times are you guys getting for StM in HFC?
    I was always timing it to have the boss die around the same time I got 100 stacks. But looked up some warcraftlogs and saw people just staying at 100 stacks for 1min+.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreWrong View Post
    Is there a (theoretical) point at which you rather keep lingering madness instead of going back to void form?
    No, this was asked a few pages back and it's just not worth it.

I love it when you get to 100 stacks of StM and know the fight by heart... you can basically close your eyes and spam those MB/VB and pray that you beat the latency god.

Homophobia is so gay.

Usually a boss dies before I do so...yeah. The guild only did manno and archi for 2 weeks after pre patch then we went on a 2 week break. We're suppose to do a full clear on the 23rd so I can give you more data then, mythic speaking.

As for heroic, i run into the same problem, boss is usually dead before StM kills me which is usually around the 2m mark when i pop it on pull, other bosses it's usually 3m's from when I pop it, but mechanics don't really let me get away with popping it earlier.

Deleted
    Guys... what mouse do you use? I'm kind of worried about StM since I'll have to cast several spells while moving and it's kind of a pain with my keybind (i move my priest with keyboard and not mouse) so I was thinking to buy a mouse to just bind the spells there... what do you suggest? Thanks!

I use a razer naga personally with shift and ctrl as modifiers.

The tooltip for Void Shield on live says 33% now. Glad I don't try to PvP in this game; I don't know how anyone tolerates this.

So basically we all know that Surrender to Madness is one of the new class fantasy spells for Spriests.

After some thinking back and fourth and some testing, i fail to see how this talent will be good for progress bosses.
    I can definitely see StM be a viable option for bosses on farm where you burst through it cause overgeared peepz.

Do keep in mind that StM is awesome on mythic for the time being as your guild is most likely overgeared and most fights in mythic atm allow you to burst down a boss before StM even hits a superhigh drain count.

The reason i have doubts is that StM is obviously best paired with Reaper of Souls, meaning you will most likely save StM until the boss hits lower than 35% hp, keep in mind that the mechanics of the fight has to allow it aswell, as even 0,5 second of downtime will cause you to die (at higher stacks).

Now up until the boss is at 35%, which will take its time during progress bosses, you sit there with a useless talent. Is this burst really worth sacrificing say...the niche dps bonus you gain from Legacy of the Void?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arazboy View Post
    So basically we all know that Surrender to Madness is one of the new class fantasy spells for Spriests.

After some thinking back and fourth and some testing, i fail to see how this talent will be good for progress bosses.
    I can definitely see StM be a viable option for bosses on farm where you burst through it cause overgeared peepz.

Do keep in mind that StM is awesome on mythic for the time being as your guild is most likely overgeared and most fights in mythic atm allow you to burst down a boss before StM even hits a superhigh drain count.

The reason i have doubts is that StM is obviously best paired with Reaper of Souls, meaning you will most likely save StM until the boss hits lower than 35% hp, keep in mind that the mechanics of the fight has to allow it aswell, as even 0,5 second of downtime will cause you to die (at higher stacks).

Now up until the boss is at 35%, which will take its time during progress bosses, you sit there with a useless talent. Is this burst really worth sacrificing say...the niche dps bonus you gain from Legacy of the Void?
    Most bosses have their hardest phase at the end. So a shadowpriest pushing out double the damage of the next dps during that phase is actually quite usefull I imagine. And with the perks in the weapon + set bonus on the tier we can actually keep up voidform extremely long during STM.

On the same token, I'm jealous of some of the PvP talents. They looks soooooo good for PvE
    They are pretty shit to be honest (in my opinion)

You want talents that expand your survivability / mobility and so on. Most of them are just "moar dmg / haste". Compare this to something like a ww monk thats all mobility talents. We going to be training dummies for melee. Sure "moar damage / haste" is great for pve but its very underwhelming for pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

In Legion 35% of the bosses HP isn't going to last the 5 secounds it lasts right now in WOD. I wouldn't undervalue the talent based on old nerfed content.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    In Legion 35% of the bosses HP isn't going to last the 5 secounds it lasts right now in WOD. I wouldn't undervalue the talent based on old nerfed content.
    Undervalue based on old nerfed content? Did you read my post? I said that StM is good for the time being BECAUSE of old nerfed content, however on progress bosses (ala legion), where 35% hp isn't going to be burned in less than 5 sec, will you really have a good enough uptime on StM to make it worth taking over the overall dps increase you gain throughout the fight with Legacy of the Void

Yes it is more than worth it, legacy of the void is pretty small dps gain compared to stm.

Undervalue based on old nerfed content? Did you read my post? I said that StM is good for the time being BECAUSE of old nerfed content, however on progress bosses (ala legion), where 35% hp isn't going to be burned in less than 5 sec, will you really have a good enough uptime on StM to make it worth taking over the overall dps increase you gain throughout the fight with Legacy of the Void
    Yes its worth it.
    You'll have the twist of fate buff for the duration of STM. You'll have execute for it and your dots will be doing 2% more damage for every haste stack you have. You can't just look at STM, its the synergy it has with the other talents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did read your post and you saying its good right now because you can do it for a whole fight in WOD is wrong. My point was that DPS during execute in Legion will make the talent as good as it is. No one has done their theory crafting for this talent based on WOD bosses.

over the overall dps increase you gain throughout the fight with Legacy of the Void
    The assumption being that Legacy is a DPS increase?