I play with minimum 170ms and it's quite hard to get past 80 stacks ): Without STM there's this strange thing that goes on @25~ stacks where I may or not get past 30 stacks. If I get past 30, it goes on until 35-39.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    So I've recently moved and currently my internet is a lot worse than the connection I use to have. There is quite a distinct difference in using StM with minimal latency and using StM with moderate latency, to the point that it almost feels unplayable past 70 stacks as my internet atm can't just keep up. Fortunately i'll be upgrading my net back to what it was soon but it's a very real concern for some players that don't have that option (Kilee comes to mind). What are some things you guys think could be used to help mitigate that?
    I play from Australia on US servers, and see about 200-300 ping. Having played like that since forever I kinda learned how to play the "put spell in server que" game, or what I call riding the lag. That said void form/StM gets a little insane at 60+ stacks. you basically have to hit your next ability while it's still on cooldown and trust that the server corrects for your latency and casts it. Which it doesn't always. I'd love to know what low ping play feels like though.

I remember from my tryhard healing days that stopcast macro's can help with higher ping, but they carry the risk of actually canceling your current cast if you don't play your ping perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    anybody planning on getting the 250K ring?

Quote Originally Posted by WWfred View Post
    Complete waste of money.

Also, with the latency thing. I play at 200-220 and it does make SP harder. I do also think it impacts my numbers but its hard to tell the difference because I've never known "normal" latency.

Unfortunately not worth it at all because of shitty stats. If you do dungeons in guild groups etc... even less so because of no restrictions to enter mythic dungeons.

But thats fine: No 250k gold sink for us. Wouldn't matter with millions of gold around but whatever.
    You should be able to get 2 better itemized rings through other means before raids open.
    My Priest and my Logs

I probably will, only because I like collecting me hearths, among many other things. Only hearth I don't own is the one for Booty Bay, from the fishing tournament, but I will never get that as I am asleep during the day, thanks to my job.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Nice to read your artifact route builds Tanned. Did you get round to running the sims? Also, what are you using for sims currently? SimC or AskMrRobot?

Can I just ask: How much artifact progress will we have by the time we hit 110?
    Last edited by mmoc2c82f72dbd; 2016-08-13 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    Nice to read your artifact route builds Tanned. Did you get round to running the sims? Also, what are you using for sims currently? SimC or AskMrRobot?

Can I just ask: How much artifact progress will we have by the time we hit 110?
    You should have enough to open up one golden trait give or take a little.

If you go short route MH or CttV first you will easily have your golden trait by lvl 110. But considering the former isn't optimal, and if you are going long route MH first, then you will have to grind a while until you get it.

I am already hating being mind controlled by demons and them using StM. Nothing like having a timer on your death while trying to get that toy from them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

To summarize and clarify a few things that are happening on the official beta pvp forums right now:

- Supatease, a well known and respected community member, player and commentator voiced his concerns about shadow in multiple ways.

After watching some of his VODs it looks like he abused his position to voice his view on shadow balance and force nerfs. Apperently he also calls some of us "inexperienced Shadows" and seems very biased.

One week later these changes appear:

- Void Shield 50% of damage converted to healing reduced to 33% of damage.

- Fleeting Embrace reduces the cooldown of Vampiric Embrace by 75% reduced to 50%.

- Shadow Mania nerfed from 100% increase to 50% increase of VT healing.

- Shadowpriest completly relies on self healing. Unlike any other spec we don't have escape utility or passive damage mitigation. We also have the least amount of armor. 10% damage mitigation more or less makes a HUGE difference which is compensated with self healing. Was Shadows heal overtuned? Yes, it was overtuned against casters. It was not overtuned against melees. I've been reporting this as a bad and false design since around februrary in several extensive and detailed posts. It is so incredbly frustrating to face a melee spec as a shadow and the self healing gave us at least "some" breathing room. Many shadows say it was not nearly enough. But at the same time it was too much against casters.

- We agree that we are probably too powerful against casters. But we have voiced well written and detailed feedback on our problems against melees.
    This is a major issue for shadow and has been since alpha started. This does not only appear in high rated 3s but everywhere else in pvp. Every melee from 1500 - 3000 in arenas or even in random battleground has their mark set on the shadow as soon as the game starts because they all know one thing: The shadow priest can't do anything about being trained.

- Nothing is official, we don't know if these are all the changes or if we get compensated against melee. I just hope so.
    <inactive>

Theed, I'm not sure if Blizzard will ever just take feedback from one player and adjust accordingly.

I agree that mechanically in pvp we suck against melee. No way to peel, our heal is shadow school and almost all our pvp talents are moar haste or damage instead of utility. The way I see it SP is 95% the same as WoD with orbs being replaced by an insanity bar and DP/insanity is our voidform. I know its a bit simplistic but for a class that was "redesigned" we still have the same strengths and weaknesses.

And in pve those strengths are going to get nerfed in all likelihood because the synergy between StM and MH is crazy.

Deleted
    Is there a (theoretical) point at which you rather keep lingering madness instead of going back to void form?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    To summarize and clarify a few things that are happening on the official beta pvp forums right now:

- Supatease, a well known and respected community member, player and commentator voiced his concerns about shadow in multiple ways.

After watching some of his VODs it looks like he abused his position to voice his view on shadow balance and force nerfs. Apperently he also calls some of us "inexperienced Shadows" and seems very biased.

- Fleeting Embrace reduces the cooldown of Vampiric Embrace by 75% reduced to 50%.

- Shadowpriest completly relies on self healing. Unlike any other spec we don't have escape utility or passive damage mitigation. We also have the least amount of armor. 10% damage mitigation more or less makes a HUGE difference which is compensated with self healing. Was Shadows heal overtuned? Yes, it was overtuned against casters. It was not overtuned against melees. I've been reporting this as a bad and false design since around februrary in several extensive and detailed posts. It is so incredbly frustrating to face a melee spec as a shadow and the self healing gave us at least "some" breathing room. Many shadows say it was not nearly enough. But at the same time it was too much against casters.

- We agree that we are probably too powerful against casters. But we have voiced well written and detailed feedback on our problems against melees.
    This is a major issue for shadow and has been since alpha started. This does not only appear in high rated 3s but everywhere else in pvp. Every melee from 1500 - 3000 in arenas or even in random battleground has their mark set on the shadow as soon as the game starts because they all know one thing: The shadow priest can't do anything about being trained.

- Nothing is official, we don't know if these are all the changes or if we get compensated against melee. I just hope so.
    Nothing is official? like were do you even see these changes in blue text? or any mention of it?

Also this us post of that guy is realy .. I mean realy sad..
    Shadow survivability OP? dude I knew it one single qq post and bam nerf, why I am not suprised at all?
    How are rogues/ww still brokenly OP, we die in 1 stun and nerf our self healing cus group healing is op?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nothing is official? like were do you even see these changes in blue text? or any mention of it?

Also this us post of that guy is realy .. I mean realy sad..
    Shadow survivability OP? dude I knew it one single qq post and bam nerf, why I am not suprised at all?
    How are rogues/ww still brokenly OP, we die in 1 stun and nerf our self healing cus group healing is op?
    There is no mention of it other than in the OP in this thread, but the changes are active on beta realms.
    <inactive>

Those nerfs are a little bit silly imo. Although, of those three skill, only the void shield one actually matters imo.

On that note, void shield was damn near useless vs melee anyway in my experience. It was only really good against casters. Couldn't f*#&ing cast, so couldn't heal. I think reducing void shield helps the caster problem....but we need a melee solution to go with it.

Just make arena "caster vs caster" and "melee vs melee" problem solved.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Just make arena "caster vs caster" and "melee vs melee" problem solved.
    As ridiculous as that sounds it wouldn't be horrible XD

But really fundamentally I'd like melee to be great stoppers of other melee as well as casters, but in turn they do less damage. So, you can double melee, but you can be countered by a melee + ranged. I would love it if the melee + caster + healer archetype were really pushed.

- - - Updated - - -

A random side note on this...I was 2v2ing supatease on alpha with a rogue buddy of mine who was really damn good......we killed supa right as they killed my rogue and I was at like 2% hp while his partner (ele shaman) was at like 99%. Long story short I ended up winning. You should have heard the salt in his stream he was so mad XD

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no mention of it other than in the OP in this thread, but the changes are active on beta realms.
    that's realy weird wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked yes yes your right..
    Btw, for people saying Void shield was only for casters.. trust me this thing is so fing mandatory it's not even funny.
    And no we are not going to get compesated, this is the start of the endless nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What average times are you guys getting for StM in HFC?
    I did my first proper raid on this patch yesterday and I got to about 1min 40 sec StM on average. No permanent pet from set bonus tho :<