Quote Originally Posted by hugplx View Post
    Surely that's the better option? You have 3 ST options, one will almost always be the 'best'.
    Not really, cause you just change talents when the fight is needed. Imo that's just plain annoying and Lotv will never be needed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'd prefer to have two talents that compete with S2M, but in a pinch I'll take one and enjoy having Shadow Crash without sacrificing PI.

But God, I want that Misery talent..

How useful is Misery if you have the ring?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugplx View Post
    How useful is Misery if you have the ring?
    Ring is useful for beginning of fights but Misery is great for new adds and fast redotting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, on some serious shit lol. Lingering Insanity + LotV + Shoulders right now is rockin'.

Not only are you able to reach VF in less than 3 globals but you stay with SO much haste from Lingering Insanity bleeding into your new VF.

I like the new talent changes in addition to our spell changes and the nerf to Stm.

Am also hoping they dont nerf legendaries to much, seems the belt may be to strong but i dunno. Shoulder could be OP with lotv changes as well.

Never thought I would say this, but these changes are really amazing.
    Good job, Blizzard!

Mind spike gone for ever, and a real choice on the final row.
    Misery will definitely have its use.
    LotV viable.

Might need a slight downtune now though, but very happy about the new build. Still wish LI wasn't removed, but I'll take it.

Looks like the changes to LOTV aren't entirely hooked up yet; LoTV on the PTR only reduces the Voidform threshold to 65 insanity, but doesn't affect the strength of VF. Patch probably got pushed out midway through putting it in.

With the buff to LotV what's the point of s2m now? they should remove the death penalty because it's hardly worth it anymore

Casting VT gives both dots but only 6 insanity with Misery.
    After some testing it feels really bursty and fast now and might be something I will pick often for dungeons although it feels weird only having shadowfiend as CD considering it really doesnt feel that powerful.

Shadowcrash on mass aoe does a ridiculous amount of damage, it hits everyone for roughly 470k outside vf, 5 on my 875 priest and I've had it crit for over a million. With faster insanity gains I really feel like it will be a strong contender against legacy, at least when it comes to running mythic+. It all depends on exactly how much bonus damage legacy will end up providing though of course. Its hard to get into dungeons on the PTR but just running around surumar killing mobs, it feels super satisfying.
    Last edited by Catbug; 2016-12-15 at 04:43 AM.

Woah, finally good changes, yay! Definitely some great choices for m+.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Yeah I really like the direction that these changes are going in. LoTV finally getting some love, should be a solid choice for almost everything. Misery potentially very good in dungeons. Shadowcrash moving to a talent row that makes a little bit more sense, and could be another option for dungeons.

I'm actually positive that we're going to see further numerical nerfs, but I'd be okay with it if these changes went live. With LoTV on PTR you can drop out of voidform and then get back into voidform in ~2 seconds and have MASSIVE haste uptime and actually build up your dots to several minutes in duration... (esp with nighthold tier)

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Ring is useful for beginning of fights but Misery is great for new adds and fast redotting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yo, on some serious shit lol. Lingering Insanity + LotV + Shoulders right now is rockin'.

Not only are you able to reach VF in less than 3 globals but you stay with SO much haste from Lingering Insanity bleeding into your new VF.
    Tried it out. Pretty crazy. Sitting at 85-95% haste at the beginning of Void form.
    Where do you think this would be viable?

I also just got a 70 stack voidform on 3 targets... without surrender to madness or reaper of souls.

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but Void Bolt is fully refreshing dot duration on AoE targets (not the target hit)

Deleted
    Tried applying for a lfg 5man myth as a Spreist. ~ 20 declines. even on low (4-8) myths, tho i am 880 almost all gear haste/crit. PPl in lfg don't know am I a nab or not, so this is obviosly a prejustice!

Frekin' bias! 7.1.5 is going to change that, isn't it?

So massive nerfs to many legendaries, but not for shadow priest ones? The belt is too strong, it might be nerfed to give only 1 extra charge of MB I'm afraid.

7+ Year Old Account
    i kinda feel that Shadow Crash should be buffed a bit to compete with the other two level 100 talents. Maybe a cooldown reduction or a slight damage increase that hinges on some sort of prerequisite would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by Manectric View Post
    Tried it out. Pretty crazy. Sitting at 85-95% haste at the beginning of Void form.
    Where do you think this would be viable?
    This is how I've been playing on live since I got the shoulders (with Void Lord). Its viable everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    This is how I've been playing on live since I got the shoulders (with Void Lord). Its viable everywhere.
    Given the latest legendary changes (nerfs to lots of strong legendaries but none to shadow belt/shoulders), Blizzard doesn't even seem to recognize how strong the shadow shoulders and belt are for non-S2M. Not exactly surprising given their trial and error approach to SP.

How do you want to balance the belt in its current form? 2 charges is obviously op, 1 charge is like having it no effect at all. All you could do is making it a proc, but we allready have that in form of a talent.