Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    Haven't played for 4-5 months now just got back to super casualling. Have they buffed Shadow crash enough to make it useful / better than legacy in mythic + dungeons?
    Doesn't really seem like it, no.

Deleted
    you can use crash in m+, i am doing nice with it. but i still cant bring myself to play misery on high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    you can use crash in m+, i am doing nice with it. but i still cant bring myself to play misery on high keys.
    Took your advice and tried doing it. Was quite good - note that I did around ten m+ to test this ranging from +15 to +20.

The cast gives 20 insanity, so the difference of 65 and 100 insanity is more like a difference of 65 and 80 insanity almost during an opener of a boss fight. Now of course I prefer using it in voidform but still getting there fast is more important at boss fights imo. I mean it's not that bad at all.

Edit: Misery is OK'ish for lower keys, since bosses die too fast to make bender insanity matter. On higher keys though it's a no no for me.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2018-01-08 at 09:58 AM.

I think Misery performs better on almost all key levels, even on Tyrannical. There are exceptions, but they are few. When you get to the point where even the BL bosses would allow 2-3 uses of MB, then we start talking.

How are shadow for mythic plus this days? still no aoe to speak of?

Deleted
    Shadows multidotting is very powerful sort of aoe dps. But our ramp up time is still the problem unless your grp is very low geared or you are running something like +22 lvls.

However, few gear pieces makes our "burst" better. First of all, legendary chest. Second, trinkets: Spectral Thurible from ToS and Decimator from Garothi Worldbreaker. With these, we are still behind the best specs but we are now better than we were earlier at expansion.

Shadow Crash is viable these days. This week with Fortified and Teeming, it's the the go-to build.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    How are shadow for mythic plus this days? still no aoe to speak of?
    Dunno, looks like you need to be 980i as a SP to be taken in any +15 grp where 920 would be enough as a Balance druid

Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    However, few gear pieces makes our "burst" better. First of all, legendary chest. Second, trinkets: Spectral Thurible from ToS and Decimator from Garothi Worldbreaker. With these, we are still behind the best specs but we are now better than we were earlier at expansion.
    I found that the decimator's wide blast radius (20 yard aoe explosion!) can make for some unpredictable pulls. I saw the same sort of effect the sheath of asara to some extent. I've ended up using a crit stat stick with the acrid catalyst injector for the least group surprise.

Deleted
    also get your hands on High Command Trinket. it is awesome to swap in, when you know a big pull is ahead.

Deleted
    did they fix the mindblast exploit thingy? damnit. or is it just not working for me for some reason?

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread/guide is such a fucking mess lol. It’s damn near impossible to find any sort of information in this 200 page monstrosity of egos and arguing, hell, the first 10 pages are nothing but the op arguing with people. Jfc.

Anyway, due to this I have to ask specifically. What are the go to trinkets for spriest right now? My alt is 930 so I have access to normal level raids on him

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Injector, Decimator, Arcano, pantheon trinkets

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What are the go to trinkets for spriest right now? My alt is 930 so I have access to normal level raids on him
    Check this: https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=9567
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Thanks for the link

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The first post should probably just be a link to H2P and be done with it. Could just make it one post then lock the thread for efficiency...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Is the P1 S2M strategy still working in the Mage Tower challenge for Shadow?

- - - Updated - - -

After ~25 tries (and never had before dabbled with S2M) I can confirm that the P1 S2M strat still works for us, Shadow Priests for the Mage Tower challenge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is the P1 S2M strategy still working in the Mage Tower challenge for Shadow?

- - - Updated - - -

After ~25 tries (and never had before dabbled with S2M) I can confirm that the P1 S2M strat still works for us, Shadow Priests for the Mage Tower challenge.
    If done properly, this mage tower challenge becomes the easiest.

Thing is, now mage tower resets STM after you wipe, on the first week it didn't, so you had to wait 10 minutes between tries.

Deleted
    At item level ~930 without any tier pieces and legendary chest/ring I'm not able get the mage tower working with just one phase. I'll maybe get Raest to 75% or 66% during the intermission depending on my timing either Karam will heal or the drain gets to high for me to get through it. If you can do it in one phase it probably would be really easy but damn can it be hard to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm...not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm guessing so even though it seems like it's been fairly inactive for a little while. I'm looking for anyone who might be able to help me with some advice or point me in the right direction.

Up until about a month ago, I was basically just screwing around on my shadow priest as an LFR raider doing the occasional normal and was perfectly happy. Through some random stroke of luck/crazy events, I found myself added to a 6/11M guild and have been raiding with them and working on a little bit of progression as well.

My issue is that I feel like I'm just REALLY bad at the class, and I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm aware that perhaps some of this has to do with me having just learned/still learning the mechanics and not really having the right gear/trinkets, but I've gotten a lot better at mechanics and survive most of the time and yet I'm still doing subpar DPS even though I'm staying alive.

My armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nerzhul/jyn
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4531

I first appear on logs as Jeonghan (before name/server transfer to the guild) on April 4th and should be there every Wed (heroic) and Fri/Sat afterwards, or most. I have every shadow legendary aside from KJ's Burning Wish trinket to swap between, and have been mainly using a 960 personnel prototype decimator and 935 acrid catalyst injector (before I got a 945 last night). My Norgannon's Prowess is currently 965.

I really appreciate any help with what I can do better with my rotation to improve. Thank you.