Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Set photos can still excite me!
    Plenty of those floating around already
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

5+ Year Old Account
    Alien 3 in Siberia I suppose at that gulag-prison/research station, which must mean Hopper will have to team up with some Soviet prisoners and/or staff.
    But I have no clue what Escape from Hell is n what that would mean for the show (If they are talking about the music i'll be dissapointed..), some manga

Stranger Things: Season 4 was inspired by Alien 3, says actor.

https://www.sproutwired.com/stranger...-3-says-actor/
    by Will Smith July 13, 2021 Entertainment

Actor David Harbour, Kay Hopper, in an interview with The New York Times strange things, revealed that the fourth season of the Netflix series was inspired by films like alien 3 I escape from hell. “The creators of the series are fans of video games, manga and anime, so many elements will be familiar to fans,” he said.

The producers of The Harbor Show are talking about Matt and Ross Duffer. The first seasons are filled with familiar elements from productions of the 80s and 90s, translating the creators’ vision into episodes.

“We even talk about movies escape from hell I alien 3 As reference for the new season. In Hopper’s case, fans will be able to delve deeper into a story that has already been mentioned, but we don’t go into detail”, David Harbor revealed about his character. According to him, Hopper is only now Wouldn’t be the father who sits on the couch and yells at his teenage daughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Alien 3 in Siberia I suppose at that gulag-prison/research station, which must mean Hopper will have to team up with some Soviet prisoners and/or staff.
    But I have no clue what Escape from Hell is n what that would mean for the show (If they are talking about the music i'll be dissapointed..), some manga
    Yeah, I have no clue what Escape from Hell he is talking about. I can find three different movies by that name. The most recent is a 2000's cristian movie which seems to be little more than "accept Jesus or go to hell." A sleazy 1980's exploitation movie about a female prison. And finally, a 1928 silent film from Germany I cannot find any plot details about what so ever. If I had to guess, maybe he is talking about the second movie cause it involves a prison ran by terrible people and the inmates working together to escape.

There is one other thing I found that could be it, although it is a novel and not a movie. There is a 2009 novel by that title written by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle that is a sequel to a 1976 novel titled Inferno also written by the same authors. They are essentially a modern retelling of Dante's Inferno with the first book being about the main character traveling through Hell to the center in order to escape while the second is him returning to help others escape Hell. I could see this if part of season 4 involves Hopper traveling through the Upside Down to find an exit or something.

Pretty bizarre though since the way he talks makes it sound like it is just a movie everyone should know.

5+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense, then he'd exit in the US, why else would those kids still be part of the show if he wouldn't exit out in their town..

Aren't they going to college though? Or only natalie dyer, other kids maybe high school age

When u said Inferno it made me think of a steve mcqueen movie about a burning skyscraper, forgot the name..think i saw a new one with the Rock (wasn't very good) I suppose that Soviet base has to be destroyed somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pretty bizarre though since the way he talks makes it sound like it is just a movie everyone should know.
    Maybe a movie he saw as a kid n maybe doesn't remember accurate name

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That site is shit apparently. According to Cinema Blend here's the quote.

Ugh. I want to tell you something. I have my prepackaged answer, which is true, that it’s a super-exciting season. It’s gone to a whole other place. It started out, in Season 1, with this small-town police chief, and now it’s become this sprawling thing with a Russian prison and a monster. The brothers [series creators Matt and Ross Duffer] are big into video games, manga and anime, and we definitely play on that this season. We talked about The Great Escape and Alien 3 as influences.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-david-harbour

Lines up with what the NYT actually published too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/m...ack-widow.html
    The word sprawling doesn't mean bad building, it means extensive, that it's large, spreads out.

Remember they built a huge mall n deep underground secret base, the amount of concrete that would take..I'd imagine anyone that can get a green light by the Soviets to build something like that in the US has lots of manueverability in the USSR

So far we have seen a bit from inside with a white demagorgon, n hopper being outside building a railway to the station..

On the other hand...

Hmmm...the fact that the railway is not complete prob hampers building too much, place might be far from finished, difficult to build big in siberia with limited roads n railways (I am simply assuming its Siberia (easier to get approved) n not European Russia, or its the latter then its a different story but I doubt the writers think about these things...they'll write whatever they want..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That site is shit apparently. According to Cinema Blend here's the quote.
    Ugh. I want to tell you something. I have my prepackaged answer, which is true, that it’s a super-exciting season. It’s gone to a whole other place. It started out, in Season 1, with this small-town police chief, and now it’s become this sprawling thing with a Russian prison and a monster. The brothers [series creators Matt and Ross Duffer] are big into video games, manga and anime, and we definitely play on that this season. We talked about The Great Escape and Alien 3 as influences.
    That makes a lot more sense. I actually wondered if it was supposed to be The Great Escape.

There's only one thing I want to see in Season 4, or rather one thing I *don't* want to see.

Demogorgons being fodderized.

Demogorgons should remain the major seemingly-unkillable threat that persist throughout the series. I don't mind if they are killed by some unique super power or by 'severing the head of the boss', but I don't want demogorgons being treated like swarms of ants that can get stomped like we see progress in the Aliens series. They should remain a definite threat with very few counter-measures, and not devolve into literal cannon fodder for the protagonists who are wearing full plot armor and maxed out luck stat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so it was a steve mcqueen movie lol lucky guess, is it the one where he makes a bet he can eat an entire bowl of cooked eggs in prison?

Could have been young robert redford..

btw that nytimes link is behind a paywall
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-16 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Oh, so it was a steve mcqueen movie lol lucky guess, is it the one where he makes a bet he can eat an entire bowl of cooked eggs in prison?
    First off your talking about Cool Hand Luke which is one of Paul Newman's best films. 2nd thing is go watch The Great Escape with Steve Mcqueen , which is also a great film.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    First off your talking about Cool Hand Luke which is one of Paul Newman's best films. 2nd thing is go watch The Great Escape with Steve Mcqueen , which is also a great film.
    I have many times, long ago, not a fan of prison movies, they r depressing, even stopped watching green mile even though i like it..

5+ Year Old Account
    they may have finished filming now, they really nailed the 80s look again

Stranger Things 4 | Sneak Peek | Netflix
    Stranger Things
    Aug 6, 2021

Stranger Things returns in 2022.

Really strange thing

Stranger things is an exceptional tv show. I love it.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about exceptional.

Id go with "Started off well and is now mostly coasting along on its popularity with not much to say or do with its characters."

Hoping that changes with the new season.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kids are going to grown by the time the series finishes

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dunno about exceptional.

Id go with "Started off well and is now mostly coasting along on its popularity with not much to say or do with its characters."

Hoping that changes with the new season.
    Kinda how I feel tbh.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

5+ Year Old Account
    i dunno, music didn't give me a ST feel, supposed to be the 80s, not the 60s...

It shows character growth...thats a plus.