Upgrading my 8 year old build for Legion

I have been gone from WoW for a long time and want to come back for Legion. I built my PC in 2009 and it would run wow on ultra settings with good FPS back then. Trying to play today and I'm 30 FPS sitting still in my garrison and as soon as I start to run it goes to 5-10. This is on low settings.

Mobo: Asus M4N82 Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 955
    GPU: GTX 460
    PSU: TR2 RX 850W
    Case I believe is ATX size, my mob fits just right in it

I just want to be able to play WoW on decent settings while getting decent FPS and being able to actually raid casually. What parts can I reuse and what absolutely needs replacing?

Please fill this:

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Also, please specify what kind of HDD/SSD you have, and case model would be great too. Right off the bat everything in your build except a PSU needs replacing. PSU depending on it's health, this PSU is not that good.

Budget: As cheap as possible and be able to play the game
    Resolution: 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW Medium to High
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): No
    Parts that can be reused: I don't know
    Do you need an OS? No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

HDD is WD 1TB
    No SSD but I am looking into getting one
    NZXT Guardian 921older version though

How do I tell if my PSU is in good health? Ive had it since I built this PC and never had any problems. Why does everything need to be replaced just to play wow? I should be over the minimum requirements so I don't understand why my fps is so low when I used to play on this same system for years with good results on high and ultra settings

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchy33 View Post
    How do I tell if my PSU is in good health?
    Check your rail voltages under full load (most demanding task you perform on your PC). Use the software like HWMonitor, Speedfan or your motherboard software that can show your voltages.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been gone from WoW for a long time and want to come back for Legion. I built my PC in 2009 and it would run wow on ultra settings with good FPS back then. Trying to play today and I'm 30 FPS sitting still in my garrison and as soon as I start to run it goes to 5-10. This is on low settings.

Mobo: Asus M4N82 Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 955
    GPU: GTX 460
    PSU: TR2 RX 850W
    Case I believe is ATX size, my mob fits just right in it

I just want to be able to play WoW on decent settings while getting decent FPS and being able to actually raid casually. What parts can I reuse and what absolutely needs replacing?
    Ur computer are supposed to run WoW without a sweat on low settings in 1080p

Are u maybe running 2gb ram?? 2gb ram is not enough for WoW anymore and i recommend you grabbing 8gb's and an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($67.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($30.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($55.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $365.93
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-17 15:35 EDT-0400

This is bare minimum. I suggest waiting with the videocard and getting RX 460 or GTX 1050 (if it's cheap enough). I'm always against buying bare minimums because you will likely be there in 2 years at most trying to find more upgrades but I guess if that's all you can spend it will do.

Was 12.1-12.2 measuring the +12v

Keep your case, HDD and PSU.
    If you know/are willing to learn how to overclock(easy), this great low budget build will save you a lot of money. The build is fantastic $/performance for WoW.
    The CPU in this build easily OC to around 4.4GHz on stock fan and performs on par with i5 6600 with that clock speed. And because WoW is only using 1-1.5 cores it doesn't matter that it's only a dual core CPU.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/84Bxpg
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/84Bxpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($42.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.49 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $251.45
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-17 15:39 EDT-0400

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Ur computer are supposed to run WoW without a sweat on low settings in 1080p

Are u maybe running 2gb ram?? 2gb ram is not enough for WoW anymore and i recommend you grabbing 8gb's and an SSD.
    I was thinking it should run fine also. It used to run excellent with no problems back in Cata and early MoP. Don't think it's changed that much to basically make it unplayable now. I'm pretty sure I'm running 8GB since I'm on 64 bit OS and it won't run higher than 4GB, but maybe 4GB, I would never run 2GB.

Was 12.1-12.2 measuring the +12v
    That's good, you keep the PSU then.

Deleted
    I'd grab a gtx950, 750ti is too low performance atm, especially for that little price difference.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($57.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($35.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card ($112.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $397.83
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-19 06:43 EDT-0400