Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Germany tells Turkey return of death penalty would end EU accession talks

Turkey cannot join the European Union if it reinstates the death penalty, a spokesman for the German government said on Monday, sending a clear message to President Tayyip Erdogan who has raised the possibility after a failed military coup.

"Germany and the member states of the EU have a clear position on that: we categorically reject the death penalty," government spokesman Steffen Seibert told a news conference.

"A country that has the death penalty can't be a member of the European Union and the introduction of the death penalty in Turkey would therefore mean the end of accession negotiations."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tur...-idUKKCN0ZY0Y5

Good.

We do not need the savage idea of killing equals justice. It makes us no better than murderers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Merkel doing something good for once.

good.

The more you here of turkey right now the weirder it gets.

So many people arrested. They had list ready BEFORE the coup. just a excuse to arrest them now.

And here in the netherlands turks ( not all of them just erdorgan supporters) are being total A holes. Going after gul supporters, and attacking media....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Good.

We do not need the savage idea of killing equals justice. It makes us no better than murderers.
    Should also be noted that the recent 'coup' is an excuse for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    good.

The more you here of turkey right now the weirder it gets.

So many people arrested. They had list ready BEFORE the coup. just a excuse to arrest them now.

And here in the netherlands turks ( not all of them just erdorgan supporters) are being total A holes. Going after gul supporters, and attacking media....
    Read about the Aboutaleb(major of Rotterdam) trying to calm them down, seems its not working, a shame.
    Tension between the Erdy turks, Gul Turks and kurds because of the coup.

Must suck for the turks not in the Erdy or Gul camp, a.k.a the sane ones.

Good. Turkey is heading in the wrong direction.

Deleted
    I do hope he reimplement the death penalty and loses all the support from his allies. That way the military would make the real coup next time.

I'd honestly never have guessed Merkel would've made such a strong stance on it. Good on her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pointless posturing as Turkey won't be joining the EU anytime soon. The moment Turkey joins EU is when Fixit, Swexit, Denxit etc. happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Good stuff, doubt it have any effect on the sultan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I do hope he reimplement the death penalty and loses all the support from his allies. That way the military would make the real coup next time.
    Yeah, it sounds sick wishing for the death penalty, but after this staged coup its Turkey's best shot for democracy, secularism and human rights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Pointless posturing as Turkey won't be joining the EU anytime soon. The moment Turkey joins EU is when Fixit, Swexit, Denxit etc. happen.
    Fixit, that sounds like a good plan..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "A country that has the death penalty can't be a member of the European Union and the introduction of the death penalty in Turkey would therefore mean the end of accession negotiations."

We didn't want to be a part of your damned union anyway

- America

(Cries softly)

But all jokes aside now, I honestly do not feel that the EU has any real bite when it comes to dealing with non white nations. If Turkey wants to join, it will join. Or call the EU racist and watch them scramble to let them in.

I honestly can't believe the EU is actually even negotiating this. Next you will hear North Korea is being considered for joining.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-07-18 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post

- America
    Pretty much, yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

But all jokes aside now, I honestly do not feel that the EU has any real bite when it comes to dealing with non white nations. If Turkey wants to join, it will join. Or call the EU racist and watch them scramble to let them in.

I honestly can't believe the EU is actually even negotiating this. Next you will hear North Korea is being considered for joining.
    If that was the case they would have gotten in a while now.

And have you never heard of the carrot on a stick method?
    It doesn't work if you give away the carrot, nor does it if it is impossible to ever get the carrot--thus you make it really unlikely to get the carrot and postpone it as long as you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Pretty much, yep.
    Well, keep it just among us, but that is probably the reason why that rule is a thing

Why would they want in anyway. It is pretty clear most of Europe dispises there culture, religion, and people. Sure they are wanted in NATO because they are one of the like 4 nations in the whole alliance that can carry their weight in the alliance ever really did need to fight a defensive war. But besides that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'd honestly never have guessed Merkel would've made such a strong stance on it. Good on her.
    Considering how capital punishment is abolished since 1949 in West Germany, and since 1987 in East Germany, not really surprising at all.
    Why would she have a legal double standard?

Turkey's penal system is atrocious already without DP.
    A fallback to even more atrocities is unacceptable.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

- America

(Cries softly)

Turkey is a non-white nation?

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Considering how capital punishment is abolished since 1949 in West Germany, and since 1987 in East Germany, not really surprising at all.
    Why would she have a legal double standard?

Turkey's penal system is atrocious already without DP.
    A fallback to even more atrocities is unacceptable.
    I'm more talking about Merkel actually making a stand against this. She's blatantly threatened them with the fact, if they do ahead with this, there is no chance of them joining the EU. That's not her sitting by and making a statement that the Death Penalty is a terrible act, and leaving it at that. Her words have direct consequences for Turkey, something I honestly thought she wouldn't do.

+1 Respect for Merkel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'm more talking about Merkel actually making a stand against this. She's blatantly threatened them with the fact, if they do ahead with this, there is no chance of them joining the EU. That's not her sitting by and making a statement that the Death Penalty is a terrible act, and leaving it at that. Her words have direct consequences for Turkey, something I honestly thought she wouldn't do.

+1 Respect for Merkel.
    I see.
    I guess, if you look at it that way, yeah.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Is this the same Germany in WW2?