Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's "viable" but affliction and destruction outperform it - destruction particularly has stuff that make it perform better in raid encounters.

Maybe I missed it in the guide, but does demonic empowerment only empower current pets at the time of the cast or does it empower any current pets in addition those summoned after the cast, but within the 12 seconds of the effect?

You have demonic empowerment in the prepull so I'm guessing it's the ladder, but I just want to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    Maybe I missed it in the guide, but does demonic empowerment only empower current pets at the time of the cast or does it empower any current pets in addition those summoned after the cast, but within the 12 seconds of the effect?

You have demonic empowerment in the prepull so I'm guessing it's the ladder, but I just want to make sure.
    Prepull empower is for felguard, only empowers current demons

Quote Originally Posted by Danky24 View Post
    Great guide, thanks for writing it. I've been a life long affliction lock so I'm leaning towards that again in Legion, but this version of demo is my favorite so far and I would love to spec it for Legion. I'm not cutting edge, but as a DPS I want to make sure I'm bringing value to the fights.

There's a lot of talks that demo is in a terrible place in Legion across all dps aspects (single, aoe, target switching, mobility). Is that an accurate statement or are people over-reacting? Is it a bad idea to main spec demo?
    People are, for the most part, over reacting when it comes to how Demo performs and where it performs well. There are definitely strengths and weaknesses however to all of the specs, and Demo's have just been blown out of proportion.

Does it have strong burst AoE? No, not really - basically all of Demo's AoE is more sustained/ramp type AoE.
    Does it have strong single target? Yes, absolutely. Just as an example on Il'gynoth; there are many adds on this fight that are more important than others to kill, etc like many other fights and Demo can certainly help with that priority type damage but the actual strength of Demo on that particular fight is the 'bursted' damage it provides during the eye phase; you have multiple CDs you can stack + you can enter the phase with full Shards taking out the ramp up time you'd normally have so you can just go right into full damage mode (Just as an example, my really poorly executed Il'gynoth from this week when we did Normal http://i.imgur.com/43hM0Qv.png).

Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post

Empowers whatever pets you have out at the time of the cast.

Deleted
    Hey Not,

just a short question, what specc are you maining for Legion? Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
    Hey Not,

just a short question, what specc are you maining for Legion? Demo?
    Likely going to be between Destro and Demo, but you can level all 3 artifacts to a decent point before raid launch anyway so I'll be doing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Likely going to be between Destro and Demo, but you can level all 3 artifacts to a decent point before raid launch anyway so I'll be doing that.
    Wos - Any idea on what specc seems to have the best scaling betwin em ?
    been watching some raiding on warlocks, and all seems to favor Demo atm. cant seems to find any video with destro warlocks doing some dps compared to the numbers seen from demo ?

The front page mentions how Burning Rush will be absorbed by Soul Leech, but at least on live that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    The front page mentions how Burning Rush will be absorbed by Soul Leech, but at least on live that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Ya, that is now the case. Wrote that when it was still Beta and hadn't tested it since. Will be going over that and a couple other things soon.

Really hope demo is viable, I won't be able to stand another expansion with destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    Really hope demo is viable, I won't be able to stand another expansion with destro.
    Better get a chair.

I take it you are planning to go 20/16/16 in the 3 artifacts? Which one are you planning on focusing on / setting your loot spec to? Run Mythics / Mythic+ as Affliction and set your loot threshold to Demo? Hope for a good legendary? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassin View Post
    I take it you are planning to go 20/16/16 in the 3 artifacts? Which one are you planning on focusing on / setting your loot spec to? Run Mythics / Mythic+ as Affliction and set your loot threshold to Demo? Hope for a good legendary? Thanks!
    19/20 depending on how much AP I farm into Demo, 16 into the other two. Loot spec to Demo since it has the highest chance for impactful legendaries. Run Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons as Aff/Destro.

Deleted
    19/20 depending on how much AP I farm into Demo, 16 into the other two. Loot spec to Demo since it has the highest chance for impactful legendaries. Run Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons as Aff/Destro.
    Which paths are you going to take with those talents at 20/16/16?

We have 3 Warlocks in the raid, 2 are probably going destro main. I would like to go Demo main, with aff/destro OS, just like you. I was thinking going CoC + LoF + Imp Incineration for destro (16 points). And SF + WoC for affliction (16 points), but I'm not sure what the best Golden traits are for Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Which paths are you going to take with those talents at 20/16/16?

We have 3 Warlocks in the raid, 2 are probably going destro main. I would like to go Demo main, with aff/destro OS, just like you. I was thinking going CoC + LoF + Imp Incineration for destro (16 points). And SF + WoC for affliction (16 points), but I'm not sure what the best Golden traits are for Aff.
    Demo, Destro, Aff.

Destro and affli seem much more expensive. Have you made your mind which you're leveling first? Demo --> Destro ?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Destro and affli seem much more expensive. Have you made your mind which you're leveling first? Demo --> Destro ?
    It's the same cost, those screens are totally filled in for Destro and Aff vs the Demo one only being filled in for the points there.

I'll be leveling as Demo then swapping to Aff for Dungeon farming and leveling Destro/Demo along the way. Loot spec always set to Demo for legendaries.

Deleted
    That's what I meant, only with pictures .

Play whatever is fun.

Couple minor things that I added/changed today:
    • Notices for Burst and Mixed rotations
    • Pre-raid Best-in-Slot
    • Single Target rotation/spec changes (including expanded opener with 20% Haste)

Coming soonTM:
    • Changes to Sustained AoE openers/priority
    • Raid Best-in-Slot
    • Legendary Ranking
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-08-19 at 03:52 AM.