Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only fun factor for me right now on my 935 demo warlock is seeing those high crits with Wakeners.
    Other than that, playing that clunky as hell and mana-consuming spec to only perform remotely good on single target is not worth it for me anymore. I mean you can almost fill that niche with Affliction aswell...

Gimping your raid if you play demo.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Gimping your raid if you play demo.
    On Demonic Inq, Mistress, and Harj maybe. Still does fairly well on everything else and if one person playing a spec thats competitive with its other class specs gimps your raid then you need to look at the rest of your raiders as well. As demo i top in my raid Goroth and Sisters and top 4 for the rest with the spec. I go aff for demonic inq, harj, and mistress. mythic of course.

Deleted
    I've just found and rewatched an old vid I recorded of myself playing Demo against Thok from 4ish years ago.

Man do I miss that build of demo; the triple shadowbolt glyph, the demonic leap, metamorphosis, glyph of imp swarm etc.(I also shudder at the many mistakes which I'd never make today and to be a clicker too, what was I thinking!!! xD)

It made me realise just how bad and down in the dumps this spec currently is, I still struggle to believe that Blizzard took away metamorphosis from Demo which was the main reason for me choosing that spec(and probably many others too)once arriving at lvl 10 many many moons ago.

Please don't view this post as a negative moan about the current state of Demonology; it's more of a nostalgic rant and I thought this would be the best place to vent and receive a tiny bit of solace.

PS - Please Blizz give us back Meta

If anyone's interested (although no judging how bad I was )
    youtube.com/watch?v=OnlKu_jhld8

Peace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilane View Post
    I've just found and rewatched an old vid I recorded of myself playing Demo against Thok from 4ish years ago.

Man do I miss that build of demo; the triple shadowbolt glyph, the demonic leap, metamorphosis, glyph of imp swarm etc.(I also shudder at the many mistakes which I'd never make today and to be a clicker too, what was I thinking!!! xD)

It made me realise just how bad and down in the dumps this spec currently is, I still struggle to believe that Blizzard took away metamorphosis from Demo which was the main reason for me choosing that spec(and probably many others too)once arriving at lvl 10 many many moons ago.

Please don't view this post as a negative moan about the current state of Demonology; it's more of a nostalgic rant and I thought this would be the best place to vent and receive a tiny bit of solace.

Peace.
    Yeah, not gonna happen. Demon Huntards have it now and won't give it back

Having said that, I really really miss the demonic leap thing. That was such great mobility in higher-difficulty raiding... I would switch to goblin just for that in a heartbeat if I wasn't Ally

Quote Originally Posted by Noilane View Post

Peace.
    The swarm caster identity is fine. Blizzard just fucked it up horribly. If we weren't glorified imp mothers spamming Demonic Empowerment, I doubt people would have had the same "I want ____ back" opinion. Implementation plays a big part in making sure the theme works.

Demo has so much potential and it's a real shame it launched the way it did. It should have drawn more interesting demons and felt more like a Rathma's Necromancer when in reality we feel like a Zuni-Carnevil Witch Doctor.

edit: Imagine if instead of being an imp mother, we could summon a felguard phalanx, inquisitors, and more interesting gameplay with resources empowering our minions, etc. Life Tap and soul shard themselves have a huge amount of thematic potential but we're using them to....spawn imps and have our mana throttled. The Darkglare is an example of a pet done right but it's the only real one we have.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-08-17 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The "swarm caster" fits more with a Necromancer, and the "powerful minions summoner" with the Demon, IMHO.

Next exp we will see what Blizz is going to do with Demon. Probably another fail.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since we are approaching 40K int, is it possible Vers will start to become a valuable stat again?

It's already more valuable than Int is, technically. Just barely....but it's a thing. Still the worst secondary, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what I'm going to do this raid teir. Our set is garbage this time around, and meme build got old really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    I dont know what I'm going to do this raid teir. Our set is garbage this time around, and meme build got old really fast.
    One thing i have noticed is the new tier set has quite alot of haste on it which will help and the dreadstalkers are going to do alot of damage. But yeah i do love the multiple dreadstalker casts of tier 20 - this set will send us back to the rotation we had at the beginning. But to some that could be a good thing ?

21 4p + 20 2p, I cant see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It's already more valuable than Int is, technically. Just barely....but it's a thing. Still the worst secondary, though.
    Any thoughts on your path you're taking through the netherlight crucible?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Any thoughts on your path you're taking through the netherlight crucible?
    Soon(tm) there will be crucible information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I just dont know what to do. I cant seem to press above 1M DPS in ToS. I'm at 923 Ilvl using the meme build, and can press to around 1.4 with cooldowns+lust. But after that bust it usually falls down to 8.5-900K. I feel like I must be missing something major.

Typical rotation is Doom, DE-SB til 5 shards, dogs, hog, DE-SB til at 4 shards and hog, or just dogs if it proc'd, and finally DE spam til at 5 shards starting over. Is Wrathguard still bugged? RR-Wakener's still the legs to go? IF still best relic?

I'm surprised they don't buff demonbolt or something. I have a hard time imagining that they ever intended for soul conduit to surpass demonbolt on single target fights.

Which crucible traits are best to go with?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Which crucible traits are best to go with?
    Join the warlock discord, or the warlock lock on stop website, not says he will nt update this as it is hard to keep up to date.
    http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Demonology/Introduction
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Join the warlock discord, or the warlock lock on stop website, not says he will nt update this as it is hard to keep up to date.
    Unless I am mistaken the website is not updated either. As for difficulty to update it really isn't that difficult. As you could copy and paste text from each section of the website to the forum post. It really doesn't take that long to do. Not doubt his words or anything but if you keep one source up to date then it isn't that difficult to edit another.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    doesnt help if the sites not updated.